• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mt Kinabalu climbing and Kinabalu Park entrance fees to increase from Jan 1, 2023

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mt Kinabalu climbing and Kinabalu Park entrance fees to increase from Jan 1, 2023​

By Olivia Miwil
November 7, 2022 @ 7:23pm
A general view of the Mount Kinabalu in Sabah.  - NSTP file pic
A general view of the Mount Kinabalu in Sabah. - NSTP file pic

MountKinabalu.com said the climbing permit for foreign adult climbers will be RM400 next year, double that of this year, while their children will be charged RM200 instead of RM80 now.

Locals will be charged RM100 (from RM50) for adults and RM50 (from RM30) for children.

The rate for a mountain guide will also rise to RM350 from RM230. One guide will serve a maximum of five climbers.

The entrance fee to the Kinabalu National Park will also see an increase, namely RM50 (from RM15) for foreign adults and RM25 (from RM10) for their children.

Locals are to pay RM10 (from RM3) from next year while children will be charged RM5 (from MR1) per entry.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/11/...ease-jan-1-2023

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thankfully limpeh already climbed it during the 90s when it was still dirt cheap.
The whole point is to catch the sunrise and then fuck off the mountain asap.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inflation manifests in many ways.

Climbing Mount Kinabalu is a heng-sway thing which depends on the weather, especially if you wish to see the sunrise at the summit. If there is bad weather, they won't allow you to climb up to the summit on the second day. And it will be reflected on the certificate you receive. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinabalu is a breeze compared to Gunung Tahan. That is one trip limpeh will never forget. Boots totally koyak after the arduous 5- day climb.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinabalu is a breeze compared to Gunung Tahan. That is one trip limpeh will never forget. Boots totally koyak after the arduous 5- day climb.

Hardcore ones climb Kilimanjaro. The African niggers will accompany you during your climb: a guide to lead you, porters to carry your barang barang, and cooks to cook for you. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hardcore ones climb Kilimanjaro. The African niggers will accompany you during your climb: a guide to lead you, porters to carry your barang barang, and cooks to cook for you. :biggrin:

Kilimanjaro needs longer planning and training with more $$$ thrown in. Furthermore hard to get climbing kakis to go on more than 2-weeks leave.
And limpeh climbing days are over long time back. Now only climbing stairs to strengthen my old weakening legs.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know how much have changed since I climbed and tough or not, in my opinion, it is not for secondary school kids to climb.
Not sure they are still organising such climb there?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not know how much have changed since I climbed and tough or not, in my opinion, it is not for secondary school kids to climb.

Yes, there are also special tour agencies in charge of organizing climbing groups. Sometimes they don't immediately climb upon arrival, but have a bit of R&R at the town nearby.

You can also go by yourself, but you need to hire a guide.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I climbed it, there were several Hongkee tour groups up there catching the sunrise. The groups were all made up of uncles and aunties following their respective tour leaders holding company flags. These honkees can really talk a lot and very loudly despite the thin air up there.....