• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat M'sian Who Quit School At 17 Says It's Been Really Hard To Get A Job With No Diploma

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://says.com/my/news/m-sian-utar-confessions-diploma-cert-important-quit-school-at-17-year-old

NEWS

M'sian Who Quit School At 17 Says It's Been Really Hard To Get A Job With No Diploma​

She claims while she has seven years of experience working at different jobs, she only gets a measly RM1,700 monthly salary.
93ef46bcea3fdba2d87cb4226c825dd2.jpg

By Yap Wan Xiang

Cover image via fumumu & Freepik

A Malaysian who quit school at the age of 17 says making a living without an academic qualification has been hard and that her seven years of working experience only gets her a measly RM1,700 monthly salary​

In an anonymous post published on the Facebook page of UTAR Confessions, the now 23-year-old woman expressed regrets of not staying in school when she was a teen, while exemplifying how time and time again she was denied a promotion or job offer simply because she lacks a college diploma certification.

Writing with full of emotion, she urges followers of the forum-like page — who are mostly students at a non-profit private university in Malaysia — to complete their courses no matter how much they despise studying.

She said for seven years, she has moved from one job to another, each time hoping it would be different. But she faces the same roadblock at each turn and that her salary has merely grown from RM900 to RM1,700 over the years.
Image for illustration purposes only.
Image via theSundaily

She admitted that when she started working at 16 years old, she felt empowered because she could buy anything she wanted while her friends at school couldn't​

"When I was working as a waitress at 16 years old, I felt really content. I could make money and buy the things I liked, while my peers were still studying in school - still being trapped. At that time, I thought I was pretty impressive," she related.

"But when I turned 19, still working as a waitress, while my peers had entered society after completing Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM), they got jobs that had a higher salary than me."

Envious of her peers, she said she quit her job in the hope to land a higher paying job.
Image via MYC!
It was at the moment, she realised for the first time the disadvantage of not having an academic certification.

"I can't speak Bahasa Malaysia and English fluently. No one wanted to hire me except for sales jobs. At that time, I believed that as long as I worked hard, I would be fine," she said.

"After trying my luck for two weeks, I landed a job but was also quickly fired. The salary I received was only RM1,000."

Following that, she started working at a saloon after her parents advised her to pick up a skill that could generate enough money​

She worked there for a year and was paid RM900 a month.

"The job had no overtime pay nor bonuses," she said.

"When I asked if they could increase my salary, they told me that I had no foundation and diploma. Hence, there was no reason to give me a pay raise. Okay, (upon learning that), I resigned."
Image via Time Out Singapore
With a heavy heart and some savings, she then took a chance to go to Singapore to look for opportunities with her friends.

"I rented a bed for two weeks. Because I didn't have a degree or a diploma, all I got was jobs at hawker stalls," she recounted.

"I was forced to return to Malaysia after I couldn't land a job because women can't carry heavy stuff (at work) and that I had to pay a higher tax rate for not having a diploma."

In her next chapter, she landed a job in an office in the customer service department​

She said that she managed to get the job thanks to the connections of a friend.

"Other employees worked for eight hours, but I worked 10 hours because the company had given me an opportunity to join them and learn," she said.

She contributed her lack of academic certification to the reason behind the unfair treatment.

"Although I felt was taken advantage of at the time, at least there was a place for me to learn and that the working environment was good."

"This is also my first office job. For the first time, I thought to myself that work can be so easy. People wear beautiful clothes while sitting in the office, answering phones."
I felt that I could do this job forever, I liked the job. I really, really liked it.
Image via Freepik
However, she said all good times had to come to an end. She faced the same problem again for not having a diploma and was told to leave the company.

"The manager told me that they are a big company and that they don't employ people without a diploma. I was only able to join the company because the company happened to have a shortage of employees at that time," she recalled.

"Someone new had been hired (to replace me), I was told to go."

"After hearing that, I put up a strong front, but when I got home, I broke down and cried."

She said her time working as a hotel receptionist was her longest employment stint​

Image via HotelsCombined
"I eventually started to like working at the hotel. The manager also had confidence in me. After working for a year, I was recommended to the position of assistant manager," she related.

"I held the position for just a month and my boss demoted me after going through my resume. It was the same reason again: I don't have an education, no diploma, and no qualification."

"My manager took a scolding because of promoting me. I had also become a laughing stock at the hotel for being the shortest-serving assistant manager.

"I pretended to be strong, but I cried my heart out every night when I returned home."

"Although I feel it is unfair, the reality is cruel. I am, in fact, a person without an academic cert, while what society values is that piece of paper."​

Image via Freepik
She urges netizens not to underestimate the perks that come from having a college certification.

Because, according to her, it opens up one's opportunity to career overseas, and can be used to reduce tax or get a loan, or even saves one from a lot of hard work.

"I hope this article can help deter you from walking down a difficult path. Over the years, people who graduated with SPM can make RM2,000 to RM3,000 a month, while diploma and degree holders can make around RM3,000 to RM7,000 a month," she shared.

"But I am only making RM1,700. This is the reality, this is society. This is what a piece of paper can change."

At the time of writing, the confession post has garnered over 3,000 likes and 650 shares, with hundreds of netizens leaving encouraging and helpful comments.

Attachments

• 1670301451336.png
    1670301451336.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 59

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What nonsense. This guy left school with no diploma and worked his way up. Only difference, he can speak english.

John Bond joined The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation as an international manager in 1961, at the age of 19,[1] his original application having been turned down before the intervention of the father of an old school friend whose father was a broker for the bank. He spent his early career in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand, before returning to Hong Kong to manage the bank's investment banking arm Wardley in the 1980s. From there, he was posted to New York City,[1] to head the bank's United States operations (which included Marine Midland Bank), before being appointed HSBC Group CEO in 1993. Bond took over as Group Chairman in 1998 with the retirement of Sir William Purves.

During Bond's tenure as chairman, HSBC extended its reach well beyond its major franchises in Hong Kong and Britain. From 1998 to 2005, HSBC spent $47bn on acquisitions, including those of Republic National Bank, Credit Commercial de France, Bital Bank, Bank of Bermuda, Mid-Med Bank Malta plc.,and Household International.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Myanmar and India can come here with fake degree and fake medical doctor degree. Obviously this Malaysian guy is stupid

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be a prostitute until the age of 30 or so. Then use the money saved to open a hair salon, nail spa, massage shop or a cafe or restaurant.

Some might use the money to study and then become a certified accountant or graphics designer etc.

To paraphrase the World Cup Adidas ad: Impossible is nothing, open legs is everything. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
A Malaysian who quit school at the age of 17 says making a living without an academic qualification has been hard and that her seven years of working experience only gets her a measly RM1,700 monthly salary

You don't need to be Einstein to figure this out. What a dumb cunt she is.:o-o:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be a prostitute until the age of 30 or so. Then use the money saved to open a hair salon, nail spa, massage shop or a cafe or restaurant.

Some might use the money to study and then become a certified accountant or graphics designer etc.

To paraphrase the World Cup Adidas ad: Impossible is nothing, open legs is everything. :biggrin:
She could have started at 17 and own a porsche by 22 like Ms Pui Yi eho left school after spm on account of financial difficulty. Unlike her, ms pui yi can speak BM and english fluently,

1670305696840.png

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wa Lao eh, that’s an outdated modulus liao.

Nowadays u start off by being a blog shop model. Then u start to be social media influencer. Finally, u do OnlyFans.

Only problem is that u need to have half decent looks. Which I doubt the poster has.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a nearby land , its hard even with a dlploma, unless you are CECA, than anything goes

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
A woman can still use her puss to earn her way up. A man? Fucking hell, maybe suck the cock of some old faggot gay! Otherwise no chance in hell!

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Third world cuntry degree worth how much again? Meanwhile malaysian tile layer i know is aus is making 5k sgd. Loser sinkies loser jiuhukia

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
income gap is even more serious in Malaysia. The rich are richer than many Singaporeans, the poor make just RM2000 a month.

The young has no future unless they marry someone rich, so many chinese women went on to be mistresses of china or singapore businessmen.