• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Msia By-Election on 26 Aug 08. Jurong GRC?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia sets Aug 26 for Anwar by-election

Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:56am IST

<SCRIPT language=javascript> var storyKeywords = ""; var RTR_ArticleTitle = "Malaysia sets Aug 26 for Anwar by-election"; var RTR_ArticleBlurb = " KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's Election Commission said on Wednesday that a by-election, which will give leading opposition politician Anwar Ibrahim a shot at returning to parliament, will be held on Aug 26. The seat came vacant after..."; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var showComments = false;var allowSLCall = false; function singlePageView() { document.location.href = ReplaceQueryStringParam(document.location.href, "sp", "true"); } function replaceString(oldS, newS, fullS) { // Replaces oldS with newS in the string fullS for (var i = 0; i < fullS.length; i++) { if (fullS.substring(i, i + oldS.length) == oldS) { fullS = fullS.substring(0, i) + newS + fullS.substring(i + oldS.length, fullS.length); } } return fullS; } </SCRIPT><INPUT id=CurrentSize type=hidden value=13 name=CurrentSize>
<SCRIPT language=javascript src="/resources/js/shareStub.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript src="/resources/js/shareFunctions.js"></SCRIPT><LINK href="/resources/css/rcom-share.css" rel=stylesheet>Email | Print | Share
| Single Page
[-] Text [+]

<TABLE style="FLOAT: left" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=articlePhoto id=articlePhoto vAlign=center align=middle> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT language=javascript> drawControls(); </SCRIPT>1 of 1Full Size

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's Election Commission said on Wednesday that a by-election, which will give leading opposition politician Anwar Ibrahim a shot at returning to parliament, will be held on Aug 26.
The seat came vacant after Anwar's wife quit to allow him to stand in a move that will allow him to lead an opposition coalition in parliament.
Anwar has pledged to call a confidence vote in the UMNO-led government on Sept. 16 and to win the vote will he need 30 defections from government MPs.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is an no contest.
Anwar will win it,it is a matter of by how many votes - the majority ?
will he wins more than his wife.

hey the economic is not so good,an by-election for Jurong GRC will incur a lot of unnecessary cost.

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gahment got no balls, they know they will lose and they don't want JBJ to enter parliament :(