• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Liew: Little evidence of huge decline in Potong Pasir

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_538084.html

Jun 10, 2010
Little evidence of significant decline in Potong Pasir

I MOVED into Potong Pasir estate two years ago. Contrary to Mr Tan Kam Weng's perception ('Things have changed in Potong Pasir - for the worse'; yesterday) of the decreasing standards of maintenance since its MP Chiam See Tong suffered a mild stroke, I find little evidence of any significant decline in the area that I am living in.

In my block, the lifts and surrounding areas are cleaned daily and the corridors are washed and fumigated every month with diligence. Recently, I sought help from the town council to remove a chained and abandoned bicycle, and it was promptly addressed. Compared with the other estates I have visited and resided in, Potong Pasir is relatively well-maintained though it lacks generous funding from the Government. The issues Mr Tan raised, like the one on playgrounds, are noticed in other housing estates too.

Potong Pasir estate may look old as much of its infrastructure needs to be overhauled. But this should not be associated with the estate's management by Mr Chiam and his town council. This is because of the refusal of the ruling party to include the estate in upgrading projects as many of its constituents have been voting for the opposition.

Given the limitations, Mr Chiam and his team are doing a remarkable job.

Liew Kai Khiun

:biggrin::smile:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 2 totally different opinions. Are the 2 of them really staying at Potong Pasir otherwise known as 'Untouchable' along with Hougang? lol

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 2 totally different opinions. Are the 2 of them really staying at Potong Pasir otherwise known as 'Untouchable' along with Hougang? lol
I rather believe Mr Liew than Mr Tan. Mr Tan seems like some PAP agent scribe.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I rather believe Mr Liew than Mr Tan. Mr Tan seems like some PAP agent scribe.

hi there

1. honest, i had just visited potong pasir.
2. as recent as last week.
3. crap to the earlier author!
4. the estate is no different from any public housing estate in sheepishland.
5. what's so downgrading about potong pasir?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why bother believing either. Not like Poton Pasir is at the other side of the globe. Just go there walk walk over the weekend and see for yourself.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they are average, I will still give Chiam's report card an "A" with flying colours.

Because he is still serving the resident after suffering a stroke.
Because he prove to us that under unfair allocation of funding, he is still able to run it well.
Because PAP want him to fail.

Resident of PP and HG, you have our respect for having the foresight and guts to vote against the PAP and suffer unfair treatment for the past years.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
besides lift upgrading and withdrawl of kindergartens, potong pasir is actually quite comfy to be in,,,,,,,,,,, not so many developments, places are well-kept and lit, (if not, it belongs to the other authorities),,,,, amentities? the whole Toa Payoh has only 1 library and travelling to toa payoh central no problem. MRT, bus service,,,,,, no much worse than any PAP controlled town councils.....

come to Toa Payoh Lor 8 market,,,,,, have Ocean restaurant, good curry fish, taxis drivers favorite makan place

potong Pasir,,,,,,, a well-managed place

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. honest, i had just visited potong pasir.
2. as recent as last week.
3. crap to the earlier author!
4. the estate is no different from any public housing estate in sheepishland.
5. what's so downgrading about potong pasir?
I went there to eat Ocean Curry Fish Head and the estate looks decent to me. Imo, it is the same as the old AMK flats (I think Kebun Baru). I think the previous author must be an unrealistic fuck who is expecting some Pinnacle @ Duxton type of flats in PP. :rolleyes:

Chiam is doing very well for a SMC that is getting very low or no funding from HDB.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother believing either. Not like Poton Pasir is at the other side of the globe. Just go there walk walk over the weekend and see for yourself.
I went there before. The estates look well-managed. Sure, not many amenities there but we all know is HDB and PAP's fault that PP is lagging behind in such. It is quite clean too, maybe Chiam at least did not employ FTrash to do the cleaning.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they are average, I will still give Chiam's report card an "A" with flying colours.

Because he is still serving the resident after suffering a stroke.
Because he prove to us that under unfair allocation of funding, he is still able to run it well.
Because PAP want him to fail.

Resident of PP and HG, you have our respect for having the foresight and guts to vote against the PAP and suffer unfair treatment for the past years.
He beats a certain Lau Cheebye who instead of serving Tanjong Pagar, went around forecasting instead of personally serving his GRC. As though other countries want his advice.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Comment from a colleague who had bing stayin at PP for more then 20yrs...

"Mr Chiam is the best MP PP ever had. The stupid sitoh who oso sit there like a buddha is nothing more then an arrogant prick. I am truly sick n tired of PAP carrot and stick threat. Given a choice, we will cont to vote for Mr Chiam even he's 6 feet underground!".

Congrat to the resident of PP. U dun noe how lucky u r...:smile:

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comment from a colleague who had bing stayin at PP for more then 20yrs...

"Mr Chiam is the best MP PP ever had. The stupid sitoh who oso sit there like a buddha is nothing more then an arrogant prick. I am truly sick n tired of PAP carrot and stick threat. Given a choice, we will cont to vote for Mr Chiam even he's 6 feet underground!".

Congrat to the resident of PP. U dun noe how lucky u r...:smile:
I wish Oppo can win more GRC.. Then they can liberate the HDB residents from expensive conservancy charges.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Flats in Potong Pasir are rising in prices... leaps and bounds. Well, one has to figure out why...

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the amount of resource that the SPP has, they have done a remarkable job in Potong Pasir. I salute the Potong Pasir Town Council.