• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Chiam See Tong the LION HEARTED moves supporters to tears

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
When opposition candidates and supporters "move to tears", it's human, it's ok; it's lion-hearted. When PAP candidates like LBH and LSS move to tears, they are crocodiles tears! How come?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greatest joke of this election!

The greatest joke of this election is the 35 seconds that saved Harry's ass :rolleyes:
Kindly name me a politician who fought an uphill battle despite his medical condition.
A man who gave his all for the country.
A man who was not afraid to say no to the tyrant.
The never-say-die attitude that still burns in him.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come? Read my sig.

Btw, your upbring.....if any.....is deplorable.

When opposition candidates and supporters "move to tears", it's human, it's ok; it's lion-hearted. When PAP candidates like LBH and LSS move to tears, they are crocodiles tears! How come?

silentisgolden

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Resident's Testimony about Chiam See Tong and Potong Pasir

by Ariel Lim Ah Ping on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:19pm

Copied from Jenny Ong's status and "republished" with permission.

Jenny Ong:

I think I must say this about Mr Chiam ST after living in Potong Pasir for coming 12 years...

Mr Chiam is really a man with a heart for the people that are under his charge.

Thus far, I have never paid a single cent- not even 1 cent for all the things he had done for my estate. He did..
1) lift upgrading( not every level though but i...t's good enough cuz he changed for us a new n bigger lift )
2) fire hydrant door
3) carpark upgrading
4) painting for my block
5)change pipe( sewage )
6) jogger track( he overlaid the pavement as it was an uneven track)
7) covered walkway ( no fear of rain snow or hail!)
8) re- cementing every level !

For all these, I think I'm grateful to him cuz with whatever limited n little fund that he has, he did what he could do for the residents of potong Pasir. He is really a politician from the alternate voice that I respect.

My husband said our conservancy rate is one of the lowest in spore, maybe it's true.. We r paying $49.90 monthly (4 rooms flat).

Ok, a few days ago, we received a pamphlet from PAP Sitoh who informed us that my block is selected for LUP (lift upgrade for every floor) and if majority vote for it , i have to co- pay 7.5% of the cost. Hmm.... With PAP in the picture , does it = pay and pay literally? (Ariel adds, "in case you don't know, all lift upgrading and extra-room-upgrading is co-pay)

Comments

Diana Tham said, "People say, "Look at him, so old and fral! Talks with a slur even! Should retire!" I (Diana) say, "Look at his heart to serve! So old and frail, talk with a slur even! How admirable is he, with his heart to serve!""

Jenny Ong said, "Diana - yes and for that , he really earns my utmost respect . Just giving credit when credit is due . He is one credible stable alternative voice .."

Jenny Ong said, "Go ahead if it blesses others to know . Just curious why nobody online mentions what Mr Chiam has done for them with whatever little funds he has ."

~~~

Ariel says, "~ You are tagged because you are (or I think you are) a Bishan-TPY resident and/or have friends who are residents. Please tag or share with other Bishan-TPY friends.
Vote Calmly - make an informed choice."

Permission granted by the resident and author to share this note.

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Use your blain lah. Unless you tell me this is a Pro PAP forum, it will vice versa in PAP controlled forums mah.

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam, "I ask myself today, what is my dream? I can humbly say, my dream, at 75 years of age, is to be able to fly the flag for the opposition in Singapore by Fighting a Good Fight, to win a GRC in the coming elections.
Some people say to me, “Why do you still want to fight the next election in a GRC? It’s time to retire. It’s getting too hard for you.”

But you know, this isn’t a hard job.
In fact, it is harder to bring up a family with little income.
It is harder competing for jobs with foreign talents.
It is harder to look after a disabled child, or an elderly parent
It is harder to afford hospital bills for your family.

These, are hard jobs that Singaporeans are facing.

And it will get tougher. If Singapore Parliament is dominated by just the PAP, there will be a monopoly of ideas, and your voices may not be heard.

I have chosen to fight my next election battle in a GRC, so that hopefully at least 3 to 4 other opposition candidates will be returned to Parliament together with me.

We will continue to stand by your side, to be Your Voice in Parliament." ~ Mr Chiam See Tong, 9 August 2010

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a politician he did the right thing to move to GRC. With so many issues on the ground it is an opportunity not to be missed. This type of opportunity dont happen very offen and increasing the stake is the right thing to do.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Mr Chiam,

My heart aches when i see / hear your speech. I am speechless beyond words.

Please take care of your health.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where to Support SPP Tomorrow. (7 May)

Potong Pasir SMC
After results are announced, Lina Chiam and team will return to Potong Pasir to greet residents, the usual way ;o) Please wait at Potong Pasir to greet Lina Chiam and team. (estimated time: 10pm)

Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
Results will be announced at Deyi Secondary School, the Principal Counting Centre. SPP Supporters can gather outside the school in an orderly manner.
- The SPP GRC team will then leave Deyi Secondary School for Bishan and Toa Payoh, before finally heading back to Potong Pasir. Please wait at Potong Pasir to greet the Chiam See Tong and the GRC team tomorrow. (estimated time:11.30pm)

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
chiam see tong is a CHIAM-PION!

"I am not actually a brave man.. But I love Singapore and I love Singaporeans"

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
153s9qv.jpg

Attachments

• chiamseetong.jpg
    chiamseetong.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 131

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
chiam see tong is a CHIAM-PION!

"I am not actually a brave man.. But I love Singapore and I love Singaporeans"

I salute you for spending 27 years of your life serving the people. Whoever dare to stand up as opposition is a brave man and woman , my full respect