• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Move your banking from Citibank

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you need to send or receive foreign cheques/TT you need the services of a bank. Have tried most of the foreign banks in Spore & they are no better. With Citibank at least you don't have long queues if you need to use their counter services

The services that will get you into trouble are services like GIRO, loans, ready credit, investment, ..... So if you don't want the hassles avoid them.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the last few years we have had so many stories about citibank. The govt intervened and they appointed a local to be head of hr. Yet nothing has changed.

It's time for singaporean to vote with their feet by moving their banking to other banks in singapore and there is no shortage of good local and foreign banks. If ever there is choice in singapore, it has to be in banking.

Here are the steps and all it takes is a bit of fire in your belly, some determination and a bit of time.

1. First get facilities opened in other banks.

2. For desposits, just transfer to your new bank, get the appropriate facilities such as cheques, atm card, debit card, salary credits, standing orders.

3. For those with outstanding loans, do a balance transfer or use your new loans to pay of the loans with citibank. Mortgage maybe a bit difficult.

There is no need to close the citibank accounts, just don't use and they will get the message.

This is civic action and a tested vehicle to force change. It was done against so many mncs where south africa was concerned. And that too was about discrimination.

boycott citibank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the govt is not doing enough, locals have to help themselves by supporting local enterprises that create jobs for locals.

All my monies are with local banks.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citibank, hksb, standard chartered do not want sinki account. Its just a facade to comply with local banking rules. Their customers are the american and british mega companies.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citibank, hksb, standard chartered do not want sinki account. Its just a facade to comply with local banking rules. Their customers are the american and british mega companies.

Kick out 1 bank and the rest will be fearful and comply. Make Citibank an example and kick them out of Singapore.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please take note on any GIRO form you sign, say you owe them $10 & say for 6 mths they "forgot" to deduct, on the 7th month they remember, they will deduct what you owe them, that is $600 + $10 for current month....you have $610 in your account, it will be emptied zero & you do not monitor the account. Soon, you receive notice that your account is below the MINIMUM SUM & fees of $2 or?? will be levied.

As for your case, you cancel the GIRO...you clear your account of any money, except for the least amount in the account $10....do not trust them or any bank to carry out this cancellation on time, they are very sneaky, they want that money, so do not encourage them. If you a re using credit card, with all the evidence, claim that amount back & any interest accrued too.

Use one account for GIRO payments ( if you are forced to), never credit your salary into that account ( NEVER), credit your salary & whatever extra money in another bank's account, one, you never take loan from, have credit cards or anything you have to pay.

Doing banking these days...it is like running a 'guerrilla war'...... if you have more than $25,000...consider keeping the extra in cookie jars at home....especially after the world cup, for all the winning you make from Mr. "X".... ha ha ha & you have time, bank in, in multiples of below $20,000.... banking these is also like running a 'covet' operation....IRAS is watching you.:biggrin:

Avoid using Giro unless absolutely necessary and only one bank acct only for giro.
Monthly payment of bills use cheque or internet banking or pay at axs station. This way you retain control not some giro that auto deduct.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Avoid using Giro unless absolutely necessary and only one bank acct only for giro.
Monthly payment of bills use cheque or internet banking or pay at axs station. This way you retain control not some giro that auto deduct.

Yup, that is what I did, for a very long , long time...discovered this the hard way, they wiped out my month's salary, by AUTO deduct, after "forgetting" to deduct for a few months, which I did not noticed. That is why, I cancelled all GIRO, used only one..if I am forced to & maintain enough balance per month, just to pay for whatever the total...the rest of the money I hide in the "cookie jar"... ha ha ha ha

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't tempt fate. The minimum sum may be adjusted to make up for the losses.

Citibank should be made to leave the country after a punitive fine. Total Ban.

Singapore is not going to die without 1 Citibank. Others will just take up the slack.

sam heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott this boycott that, why don;t you just get out of this country easier. or better get out of this world!

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you suggest we move our money to? Every single bank in Singapore is flooded with FT, the biggest culprit being our national bank DBS.

UOB hires mainly local sinkies. They are one of the very few local-centric bank I guess.

DBS on the other hand is flooded with mofo south Asians, classic example of hiring their own kind only. And now, look at what is happening to DBS! Problems after problems hitting the headline of our national newspaper, with the most recent one being their island wide faulty atm machines. Those Chao ah neh really screwing up our national bank man :mad:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore banks doing good laundry business, services used by familee and ministers.

I'll let you in on a little secret.

A little bird once told me the following:

When any FamiLEE member wishes to TT funds abroad, they will always contact Wee Cho Yaw's secretary. She will then see Familee get the best exchange rate and to the successful transfer of the funds. Cable charges, agency fees, commissions to third party banks if any are absorbed by UOB.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I hear plenty of horror stories about GIRO . Especially when you have some GIRO with some gov't agency. They can suka, suka, take your $$$. It's bad enought that they have access to your CPF. For those complaining about Citibank, you should take a look at our world class DBS:o

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UOB hires mainly local sinkies. They are one of the very few local-centric bank I guess.

DBS on the other hand is flooded with mofo south Asians, classic example of hiring their own kind only. And now, look at what is happening to DBS! Problems after problems hitting the headline of our national newspaper, with the most recent one being their island wide faulty atm machines. Those Chao ah neh really screwing up our national bank man :mad:

Are they using software version beta 0.9a?? while the latest is 7.01.150?? :biggrin:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly I'm glad I don't have an account with Citibank or HSBC as I'm not highly paid like you.

I've only a bank account and that is opened at POSB.

scroobal: did you know that about 90% of call centre staff of DBS/POSB, UOB, SingTel and Starhub are based outside of Singapore?

Think about it, it makes sense to outsource call centre work to countries whose wages are lower than Singapore's.

Would you advise forummer here to boycott DBS/POSB, UOB, SingTel and Starhub?

The trend of call centres being outsourced is being slowly but surely reversed.
It's happening in the US, where indian compaines who manage call centres, are setting up offices in the US and hiring Americans.

The logic is simple.. customer service, customer satisfaction and interaction is a key factor for bringing up businesses, and when customers' calls are answered by foreigners who know nothing about US, the call centre people can't relate to the customers and disatisfaction rose sharply.

Go and ask around in SG, nobody likes to speak with a pinoy over the phone, as they mostly sound snobbish and rude. I had my fair share from HSBC.. I made such a big fuss that a local lady called to apologize.. and even told me to contact her is there was any problems. Another instance was comfort cab, I told the pinoy lady an address and she DARED to correct me and gave the taxi booking an incorrect address. I had to call in a second time to tell (sounded like a local) lady that the pinoy got the wrong address and didn't listen to me.

it's not undeard of that companies who make a bad rep with the locals (wherever they are set up) will end up having to re-think and re-do their whole approach.. bad news travels faster than good news.. and all we need to do is spread the news.

Soon, Citibank may well have to change when more and more locals shun it. As long as it's bad for their business, they will have to do something.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The trend of call centres being outsourced is being slowly but surely reversed.
It's happening in the US, where indian compaines who manage call centres, are setting up offices in the US and hiring Americans.

Outsourcing is part of a herd mentality. Companies were desperate to cut costs after the dot com bust, so many rode the outsourcing wave. It took a while to realize that customer service declined as a result of hiring certain nationalities. The SG civil service decided to rename it "best sourcing", but it was just a name change, not a fundamental change of policy.

The globalization tide is best rode by what Andy Kessler describes as "platform companies" in his book, Eat People. He does not talk about outsourcing just to cut costs, but about disruptive innovation in conjunction with scalability of business model coupled use of info tech.

The flip side of globalization is the "beggar thy neighbour" model of business economics that depresses wages across the board and spreads 3rd world poverty to the 1st world, whilst disproportionately benefiting the upper echelons. That is the reason for the Occupy series of protests. How can one segment of society be expected to share poverty with the 3rd world whilst a select few get massively wealthy at their expense.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
many sillypootians have a cow with shittybank because
they think it is the "in thing".
they think having an acow with angmo bank
make them look one class above , beri sophisticated , beri special.