• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most high or low demand industries

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are some of the jobs that are so in demand (more than 20, 30 interviewees for one job) or hardly in demand (every day advertise also no one wants to come forward).

To me, the first would have to be:

1) IT related
2) Design, esp graphic
3) Accounts
4) Admin

The jobs that people don't want:

1) Estate management
2) Security guard
3) Cleaning
4) Factory workers

Share your thoughts for forummers.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which industry shouLd a pimp beLong to ? ; and that's v high in demand ~..
:confused:
:smile:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
flight attendant....very good demand

care givers .... very poor response

What are some of the jobs that are so in demand (more than 20, 30 interviewees for one job) or hardly in demand (every day advertise also no one wants to come forward).

1) IT related
2) Design, esp graphic
3) Accounts
4) Admin

1) Estate management
2) Security guard
3) Cleaning
4) Factory workers

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1) IT related
2) Design, esp graphic
3) Accounts
4) Admin

1) Estate management
2) Security guard
3) Cleaning
4) Factory workers

Low take up because of the post name.
1. Estate management>> Building manager
2. Security guard>> Security OFFICER
3. Cleaner>> Envirnment OFFICER
4. Factory worker>> Production Assistant

The name will be more classy ma.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me think is banking, so that they can call themselves bankers, market analyst, account managers or biz development managers/directors.

1) IT related
2) Design, esp graphic
3) Accounts
4) Admin

1) Estate management
2) Security guard
3) Cleaning
4) Factory workers

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal

1) IT related
2) Design, esp graphic
3) Accounts
4) Admin

These jobs require a certain amount of skills and training. What about one that is in demand that do not require much skills? For example, deliveryman, drivers, retail sales etc.

1) Estate management
2) Security guard
3) Cleaning
4) Factory workers

Estate management also require some skills in fields like administration or even a degree. I have come across many Estate Managers and most of them are engineers.

Low-skilled jobs that are not many want to take up will be cleaners or factory workers due to long hours and low wages. If the pay is higher, many will not mind doing it.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
These jobs require a certain amount of skills and training. What about one that is in demand that do not require much skills? For example, deliveryman, drivers, retail sales etc.

Estate management also require some skills in fields like administration or even a degree. I have come across many Estate Managers and most of them are engineers.

Low-skilled jobs that are not many want to take up will be cleaners or factory workers due to long hours and low wages. If the pay is higher, many will not mind doing it.

Not true. Admin doesn't require much skill, but is for women with not very high qualifications, which makes up a very big pool in Singapore, hence never short of recruits in all industries. No company ever has to worry that they cannot get admin staff.

You are right that retail sales and drivers are not too hard to find compared to cleaners, despite the fact that both are not high skilled industries.

Estate management is not exactly building management. Estate management also need to manage many silly complaints and even building managers are shortage. You need skills, in fact such a large spectrum of skills such that the job becomes untenable to work in. Estate management, social work and hotel executives are three areas of profession (not just a job) that faces shortage.

Last edited: