• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most doctors struck off in UK are trained in India

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore has many foreign doctors in the public hospital.

i wonder what will the implications in the long term

this is nothing new. things will settle down. i remember we were importing many foreign doctors at one stage....and there was a lull period....and now it has returned with a vengence.....so patients have to be very discerning and be very careful and also knowledgeable. always seek second or third opinion if they are not sure of the management....

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
this sort of statement can bring you to court and you can be sued until kingdom comes....so don't anyhow spout garbages...today is new year's day, so don't start by talking nonsense....

i've stayed in c class before and those doctors are certainly no clowns....

oh sure, sue my ass. it is more likely I sue them. you are entitled to your opinion and I am entititled to mine and there is nothing you can do about it. get real. This is my opinion , I 've been to C class many times and there are too many jokers around. including nurses, clerks, and even patients

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has many foreign doctors in the public hospital.

i wonder what will the implications in the long term

what do u expect ?

the usual mind set. you die your business.

this happens in usa,england , etc. in any country that emphasized
profit , money over everything else.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought in most hospitals they work in team and the leader is the senior consultant. How the team performs depend on this senior chap as all instructions comes from him. If you kanna a giam pun senior con-sultant, you will have mri, scans, scope conducted one after another (very good profit for doing nothing - mri alone worth many hundreds profit and everything is done by others including analysis and report). I remembered in the speech made by that doc (plastic surgeon) who passed on recently, there were "friends of his" recommending things that were not necessary to him. The advantage of C ward is that they don't make much for such things so the chances of having to go through those nonsense scans.... is less as they will not ask for it unless absolutely necessary.

I think the only way to get a good doc is to know somebody personally in the medical profession and seek their recommendation. They know who are the sincere ones and who are there for money. But must be senior enough who is authorised to make decision. Otherwise no use. The leader will overrule.
I learned of the differences in ward class through personal experience and friends working in hospitals. The most experienced and skilled doctors usually take the class A patients, as in personal attention in diagnostic and follow up post treatment. The lower class wards get the more junior doctors. Even the operation is done by the better surgeons for class A ward.

Most good docs don't recommend unnecessary scans. They know that many people are quite knowledgeable nowadays, so they will order the required scans. Only when patients demand for it, then they will agree to addition scans, sometimes grudgingly.

Lets put it this way, which type of patients will more likely question and even sue the hospital if there is any error? The richer ones who can afford class A or the poorer ones in class C?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I learned of the differences in ward class through personal experience and friends working in hospitals. The most experienced and skilled doctors usually take the class A patients, as in personal attention in diagnostic and follow up post treatment. The lower class wards get the more junior doctors. Even the operation is done by the better surgeons for class A ward.

Most good docs don't recommend unnecessary scans. They know that many people are quite knowledgeable nowadays, so they will order the required scans. Only when patients demand for it, then they will agree to addition scans, sometimes grudgingly.

Lets put it this way, which type of patients will more likely question and even sue the hospital if there is any error? The richer ones who can afford class A or the poorer ones in class C?
Maybe I was unlucky. Many years back I was admitted and on learning that the senior consultant in charge was a world renown neurosurgeon (name appearing in the press during certain period), I thought I was in good hand. Hospitalised for a week, x-ray, scan, MRI, then scan with dye. They could not come to a conclusion if there is any further potential danger.

It is fair to be careful on their part. What angered me was when I heard the bloody consultant scolding the registrar that the result of the results of the last scan was of no use. I was angry because I had requested for a discharge earlier but this poor registrar told me that his boss, the consultant, had requested that another scanning with dye be made. Not to make life difficult for him, I stayed on for the scan. Overhearing the way the consultant told off the registrar (forgetting that it was his own decision to make the scan) really pissed me off. The worse was to follow. He suggested to insert a scope through the vessels to my brain. This time I blow. That is what our world renown neurosurgeon is capable of. Really sad.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in other countries Health Care is heavily subsidised by the government.

in sg, Health Care is an immoral profiteering system for the pap government.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in other countries Health Care is heavily subsidised by the government.

you have a CHOICE....you can opt out of this system and see your own doctor. or even go overseas. there is no compulsion.
"subsidised" health care is a mockery....nothing is free. somebody has to pay for it...even in so called " welfare " healthcare...

once a healthcare system is heavily " subsidised", it will result in wanton abuses and the people will get more sick and demanding to be treated when the need is not there.

there should be a fine balance. the doctor and patient should co-managed the illness. the government and the patient should also co-pay for the medical healthcare. if something is free, it will be abused....imho. cheers!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have a CHOICE....you can opt out of this system and see your own doctor. or even go overseas. there is no compulsion.
"subsidised" health care is a mockery....nothing is free. somebody has to pay for it...even in so called " welfare " healthcare...

once a healthcare system is heavily " subsidised", it will result in wanton abuses and the people will get more sick and demanding to be treated when the need is not there.

there should be a fine balance. the doctor and patient should co-managed the illness. the government and the patient should also co-pay for the medical healthcare. if something is free, it will be abused....imho. cheers!

i just used up my power to up people, if not i will zap you.
i just can't help it by giving u infraction. i am just quoting 2 extreme case and i doubt sg will go all the way to what they have now in the western world and stop talking like pap "subsidised" and "welfare" is poison words. we should lighten our people burden and not profiteering on it u twit! as a country we are damn rich! even we subsidised more, we will not be in red!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

why don't u give specific examples where there is an immoral profiteering system for the pap government.....it will help to change my ignorant mind.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why don't u give specific examples where there is an immoral profiteering system for the pap government.....it will help to change my ignorant mind.

u choose to be an ignorant idiot, go google to proof i am wrong about this "immoral profiteering system". they are cases in some websites. don't be a sinkie and expect people to feed u with info.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u choose to be an ignorant idiot, go google to proof i am wrong about this "immoral profiteering system". they are cases in some websites. don't be a sinkie and expect people to feed u with info.

just mention two cases and let us see whether the government is "immoral profiteering" from the patients....or any one case. yes, there are thousands and thousands of cases all over cyberspace...on hospital bashing , on doctors bashing and on all sorts of "immoral" earnings by doctors and hospitals....do we know the true facts? do we frame our opinions based on these stories?
maybe you do.the practice of medicine is complex. medical financing is a bottomless pit. to accuse a medical institution of "immoral profiteering" is a grave allegation.

you can zap and infract me for all i care.....but do it with justifcation and with a conscience. cheers!:smile:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this sort of statement can bring you to court and you can be sued until kingdom comes....so don't anyhow spout garbages...today is new year's day, so don't start by talking nonsense....

i've stayed in c class before and those doctors are certainly no clowns....

No clowns?

From the way you have been behaving in this forums, besides many others, there is soild evidence that you have definitely been treated by clowns to be behaving like one here.:biggrin:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No clowns?

From the way you have been behaving in this forums, besides many others, there is soild evidence that you have definitely been treated by clowns to be behaving like one here.:biggrin:

thank you. you're entitled to your esteemed opinion. ok i'm a clown. cheers!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just mention two cases and let us see whether the government is "immoral profiteering" from the patients....or any one case. yes, there are thousands and thousands of cases all over cyberspace...on hospital bashing , on doctors bashing and on all sorts of "immoral" earnings by doctors and hospitals....do we know the true facts? do we frame our opinions based on these stories?
maybe you do.the practice of medicine is complex. medical financing is a bottomless pit. to accuse a medical institution of "immoral profiteering" is a grave allegation.

you can zap and infract me for all i care.....but do it with justifcation and with a conscience. cheers!:smile:

u are just letting your ego taking a ride like a old man. i can understand that. "immoral profiteering" is a very appropriate description for what they are doing. it is not complex when u can get something cheaper some where else in sg when all the while gov keep saying medical care is heavily subsidised. u find out more yourself and stop thinking everyone is wrong except u. to protect and defend a "immoral profiteering" health care system is a gravely immoral move, are u in health care and making tonnes of money out of it? u want to defend it, pls do it with justification and conscience. not only i will zap and give your infraction. God will damn you and no salvation for you.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most doctors struck off in UK are trained in India
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/12/31/most-doctors-struck-off-in-uk-are-trained-in-india/

“The country with the biggest single number of doctors who have been removed or suspended from the medical register, is India, followed by Nigeria and Egypt.”

Be careful of ah neh doctors

To be objective, based on percentages, those doctors trained in India struck off or suspended was less than 0.005 percent. There were altogether 25,898 India trained doctors. Against the others trained in other countries, those that were suspended or struck off the register were about 1-2%. As an example, there were 2,597 Egypt-trained doctors and 33 were struck off. That represents 1.2% more than doubled those from India.