• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Moslem Women For Sale In CECA Land! Keling Police Said They'll Investigate!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1625982512409.png

Last Sunday, dozens of Muslim women in India found they had been put up for sale online.

Hana Khan, a commercial pilot whose name was on the list, told the BBC she was alerted to it when a friend sent her a tweet.

The tweet took her to "Sulli Deals", an app and website that had taken publicly available pictures of women and created profiles, describing the women as "deals of the day".

The app's landing page had a photo of an unknown woman. On the next two pages Ms Khan saw photos of her friends. On the page after that she saw herself.

"I counted 83 names. There could be more," she told the BBC. "They'd taken my photo from Twitter and it had my user name. This app was running for 20 days and we didn't even know about it. It sent chills down my spine."

The app pretended to offer users the chance to buy a "Sulli" - a derogatory slang term used by right-wing Hindu trolls for Muslim women. There was no real auction of any kind - the purpose of the app was just to degrade and humiliate.

Ms Khan said she had been targeted was because of her religion. "I'm a Muslim woman who's seen and heard," she said. "And they want to silence us."

GitHub - the web platform that hosted the open source app - shut it down quickly following complaints. "We suspended user accounts following the investigation of reports of such activity, all of which violate our policies," the company said in a statement.

But the experience has left women scarred. Those who featured on the app were all vocal Muslims, including journalists, activists, artists or researchers. A few have since deleted their social media accounts and many others said they were afraid of further harassment.

"No matter how strong you are, but if your picture and other personal information is made public, it scares you, it disturbs you," another woman told the BBC Hindi service.

But several of the women whose details were shared on the app have taken to social media to call out the "perverts", and vowed to fight. A dozen have formed a WhatsApp group to seek - and offer - support and some of them, including Ms Khan, have lodged complaints with the police.

Prominent citizens, activists and leaders have also spoken out against the harassment. The police said they had opened an investigation but refused to say who could be behind the app.

The people who made the app used fake identities, but Hasiba Amin, a social media coordinator for the opposition Congress party, blamed several accounts which regularly attack Muslims, especially Muslim women, and claim to support right-wing politics.

This is not the first time, Ms Amin said, that Muslim women have been targeted in this manner. On 13 May, as Muslims celebrated the festival of Eid, a YouTube channel ran an "Eid Special" - a live "auction" of Muslim women from India and Pakistan.

"People were bidding five rupees (67 cents; 48 pence) and 10 rupees,
they were rating women based on their body parts and describing sexual acts and threatening rape," Ms Khan said.

Ms Amin told me that later that day, an anonymous account tried to "auction" her on Twitter. Several others - one called @sullideals101, which has since been suspended - joined in, "abusing me, body shaming me and describing gross sexual acts", Ms Khan said.

She believes that those who tried to auction her on Twitter are the same people who are behind the Sulli Deals app and the YouTube channel - which has since been taken down by the platform.

In the past week, Twitter has suspended accounts that claimed they were behind the app and it would be back up soon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57764271

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Surely when viewers see images of the ladies for sale they'll know it's just a joke.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
CECA were ruled for 1000 years by their masters
so this might be just saffron terrorists' way of compensating
since they know they can't fight pakis alone
combined with other OIC countries like iran or others may prove too much for ceca virus to handle

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For money, forced or threatened by majority population.

What I mean is REAL conversion.

moslem majority population routinely use a combination of money, kidnap, rape, brute force and threats to get non-moslem minorities to convert. Are these real conversions?