• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious More Unemployed Sinkies!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

S'pore citizen unemployment rate hits 3.9%, up for first time in 10 months in July 2021​

Citizen and resident unemployment rates rose by 0.2%.​

Jane Zhang
Singapore's unemployment rates rose in July 2021, for the first time in 10 months.

In a Facebook post on Monday (Sep. 6), Minister for Manpower Tan See Leng said the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will continue to monitor the unemployment rates closely.

Unemployment up after 10 months​

Amidst the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic last year, Singapore's unemployment rate rose steadily, culminating in the highest rates the country had seen in over a decade in September 2020.

240871208_267183198562345_2349797090496283785_n.jpg
Photo via Facebook / Tan See Leng.
The citizen unemployment rate hit 4.9 per cent, while the resident rate (which includes citizens and permanent residents) reached 4.8 per cent, and the overall unemployment rate peaked at 3.5 per cent.

As the pandemic situation stabilised and the economy reopened, unemployment dropped steadily, down to 3.7 per cent (citizen), 3.5 per cent (resident), and 2.7 per cent (overall) unemployment rates in June 2020.

However, July 2021 saw the unemployment rates increase slightly again, amid tighter Covid-19 restrictions during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert).

The citizen and resident unemployment rates rose by 0.2 per cent to 3.9 per cent and 3.7 per cent, respectively.

The overall unemployment rate rose by 0.1 per cent, from 2.7 per cent to 2.8 per cent.

This "likely reflect[ed] a dip in demand for manpower in affected sectors such as F&B and retail trade", Tan wrote in his Facebook post.

MOM will monitor unemployment rates closely​

In addition to continuing to closely monitor Singapore's unemployment rates, Tan added that MOM will also provide a more comprehensive update in their Labour Market Report later in September.

"As Singapore moves towards becoming a Covid-resilient nation, measures will be relaxed further as more sectors of our economy reopen.
This will help boost manpower demand and allow our labour market to continue recovering."
He also encouraged companies to "constantly pursue innovation and review their business operations to meet the changing needs of the economy".

Tan added that initiatives such as the SGUnited Jobs and Skills Package can place jobseekers in jobs and skills opportunities.

He said that MOM and Workforce Singapore will continue to match workers with available opportunities, in order to support both jobseekers and employers:

"We remain committed towards ensuring that our businesses and workers are well-equipped to face challenges in the future."
Jobseekers can find out more about Workforce Singapore's programmes and career advisory and matching services online, or by calling the WSG hotline at 6883 5885.

In addition, a list of upcoming outreach events organised by Workforce Singapore and NTUC's e2i are available online here and here.

Top photo via Andrew Koay.

Follow and listen to our podcast here

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
you trust govt statistics?
probably never add another 3.9% do grabfood, another 5% drive grab drive until tulan, another 3.9% SDA who go round fucking up sinkees' lives

as lau goh said....more good years

sorry forgot to add, another 0.01% old auntys and uncles lose their cleaner jobs:biggrin:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're unemployed for more than six months, your unemployment will no longer be included in the statistic. :wink:

Don't forget underemployment. Look at those 'ambassador' lowlifes... will their skills be transferrable to something better? :biggrin:

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Careers Gov SG has lots of vacancies for lots of positions. Unfortunately, all of these are for wayang only. Advertise so that
1) Minister can say in Parliament, jobs are available but candidates are not suitably qualified or not applying. Or
2) These positions are reserved for foreigners and PRs. Sinkies you die is your own business.

All the gov job positions are advertised for show only. After the application date closed, the same position is advertised a few days again.

How I notice? I recently applied for 2 positions in 2 different Gov departments, but was rejected. Then a few days later the same position and the same advertisement appeared.

The message to Sinkies is very clear: you die your business.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice to Sinkies: ownself depend on ownself. Things will not change unless the government changes. Don't expect a leopard to change its spots.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
This MOM minister can still carry tits and say the predecessor is a good mentor. If you can't clean up all the shit you might as well jump right in and join them in the cesspool of filthy sewerage.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Careers Gov SG has lots of vacancies for lots of positions. Unfortunately, all of these are for wayang only. Advertise so that
1) Minister can say in Parliament, jobs are available but candidates are not suitably qualified or not applying. Or
2) These positions are reserved for foreigners and PRs. Sinkies you die is your own business.

All the gov job positions are advertised for show only. After the application date closed, the same position is advertised a few days again.

How I notice? I recently applied for 2 positions in 2 different Gov departments, but was rejected. Then a few days later the same position and the same advertisement appeared.

Ma6be they wantch malay guy like me but then Malays just can't be bothered to apply. Chances are their application will be dumped. No courtesy to reply.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the problem-these people voted for this govt .
While they LPPL , KLKK, wonder how they feel thinking about their beloved highest paid politicians in the world creating jobs for foreign talents.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 plus years I already encountered,jobs reserve for others not for local.Face the fact, 61% allow this forget it, to each his own,

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuho there shouldn't be unemployment since the birth of leeleeverlee companies even handicap can be hired KNN it's just a matter of whether sinkie want to be employed onllee KNN at the same time doesn't mean the employed are living better life than the unemployed KNN more importantlee don't be tam chia ter nao and things will be under your control KNN

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal

totally true, all these 'positions' are already earmarked for kaki lang, advertise for show only and wasting the poor locals' time, who go for the interviews full of hope

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 plus years I already encountered,jobs reserve for others not for local.Face the fact, 61% allow this forget it, to each his own,
Why our MOM or no one Minister or MP has realised the jobs are reserved for others not for locals? It has been happening for more than 10 years, no one us aware, what are they doing in the.past 10 years?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSmen considered employed
Part-time GrabFood drivers considered employed
Sell tissues considered employed
Grassroots members considered employed
If you return trays at Hawker Centre , now can also be considered as employed.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed my uncle hasn't known anyone who is unemployed KNN those already either become security guard or taxi driver KNN sinkie can never be unemployed unless they choose to KNN the issues is on the income gaps of sinkie the range is simplee too wide and the leesponsibilty and tireness level between these 2 are about the same but drawing a heaven and hell celery hence if my uncle is in charge he will close up this gap KNN

Last edited by a moderator: