• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

more SAF mobilisation liow !!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore introduces 'unfriendly' restrictions
Fri, Sep 12, 2008
The Star

JOHOR BARU, MALAYSIA - Singapore has imposed a new ruling which has been described as "unfriendly" - including introducing restrictions against Malaysian VIPs and High Commission staff vehhicles entering or leaving the island republic.

Members of the Johor royalty, Malaysian VIPs and High Commission staff were previously allowed "easy access" where they could use the bus lane at the causeway or the Second Link to avoid getting caught in the massive traffic snarl. They can no longer enjoy the privilege.

Since the ruling was enforced recently, at least two "incidents" have occurred including a vehicle carrying the Tengku Bendahara of Johor being stopped and having clearance problems.

The latest case occurred last week when Malaysian High Commissioner Datuk N. Parameswaran, who was in his official car bearing the Malaysian flag was also stopped and told to turn back at the Second Link.

It is learnt that Singapore had enforced the new ruling over the last two weeks as part of its effort to tighten security following the escape of terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari on Feb 27.

Malaysians at the causeway are already forced to endure long jams, which can stretch to several hours since the escape.

They have to have their thumbprints taken and cars searched at the Causeway and Second Link.

Wisma Putra sources said the recent ruling would "ruffle some feathers" as Malaysia has been "very accommodating" to requests made by Singapore in the past.

It is learnt that Singapore issued the guideline via the Malaysian High Commission two weeks ago.

The easy access is only provided to "certain people" including the Johor Sultan, Tengku Mohkota and Malaysian ministers.

It is learnt that Singapore also sent a letter to the Johor palace informing them about the new clearance procedures.

Parameswaran confirmed there were two "unpleasant cases" involving the Tengku Bendahara of Johor and also himself.

"I was on my way to Nusajaya in my official car bearing the Malaysian flag to attend an official buka puasa event in Nusajaya at 6pm on Saturday when I was pulled over for 20 minutes.

Parameswaran said Singaporean officials then told him to turn back and wait in queue.

"This is the first time in five and a half years that such a thing has happened," he said, adding that describing the incident as embarrassing and "disrespectful" of the Malaysian flag.

Parameswaran said the High Commission vehicles were given clearance to use the bus lanes to avoid the traffic congestion as they had to commute to Johor regularly for official purposes.

Asked if there were any other reason for the sudden move, he said that Singapore had informed him that there were supposedly some abuses in the past.

"I have dealt with those who abused the system. So why impose something when discussions have not been not finalised?" he asked.