• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moderna CEO urges people to get vaxxed against Omicron variant, new Moderna vaccine ready early 2022

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1638166694403.png

Moderna might be able to roll out a reformulated vaccine against the Omicron coronavirus variant by early 2022, its CEO Paul Burton said on Nov. 28.

He added that he suspects the new Omicron coronavirus variant may elude current vaccines.

Currently, it is still not clear whether new formulations will be needed, or if existing Covid vaccinations will provide protection against the new variant that has detected in many countries around the world.

Could just take weeks to find out if current vaccines sufficient​

“We should know about the ability of the current vaccine to provide protection in the next couple of weeks, but the remarkable thing about the mRNA vaccines, Moderna platform is that we can move very fast,” Burton said on the Andrew Marr Show on BBC.

“If we have to make a brand new vaccine I think that’s going to be early 2022 before that’s really going to be available in large quantities,” the Moderna chief added.

The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech company mobilised "hundreds" of staff early last Thursday, Nov. 25, Thanksgiving Day in the United States, after news of the Omicron variant spread.

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/moderna-omicron-variant-vaccine/

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap advertising... Why need to resort to this?
How is it possible a new vaccine be invented so fast?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheap advertising... Why need to resort to this?
How is it possible a new vaccine be invented so fast?

It's the same as version one but tweaked to kill a different segment of the population that has a different DNA profile than that targeted by the previous version.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same as version one but tweaked to kill a different segment of the population that has a different DNA profile than that targeted by the previous version.
This is more like sounding desperate to bring in more income for the co.
People are still unsure about this new variant n he says he can get a new vaccine early 2022!
I have phobia after reading this..

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is more like sounding desperate to bring in more income for the co.
People are still unsure about this new variant n he says he can get a new vaccine early 2022!
I have phobia after reading this..

They want your money and they also want you dead. The more you fear, the more they come after you with the injections.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle has not much choice. Whatever vaccine leeleased and available my uncle just have to continue jab and jab the leeson is simple- at least vaccines are tested while variants are not. If never continue to jab can leesult in 'yart pole cheng doi" 1 bet empty pocket.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My uncle has not much choice. Whatever vaccine leeleased and available my uncle just have to continue jab and jab the leeson is simple- at least vaccines are tested while variants are not. If never continue to jab can leesult in 'yart pole cheng doi" 1 bet empty pocket.

So sad you have a mindless robot for an uncle. Buy a smarter one next time.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed... you are the lab rats. Happy testing. :cool:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem going forward isn't about the availability of vaccines, but fatigue setting in which will make administering them in sufficient volume close to impossible.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem going forward isn't about the availability of vaccines, but fatigue setting in which will make administering them in sufficient volume close to impossible.

Is that a problem? The most jialat countries are those with the highest vaccination rates. And they gaslight the public by insisting the vaccines work, you just had a 'breakthrough infection'.:rolleyes:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really feel sorry for my good friend who is unvaxed.. There's no where he can go to now.. Shopping malls, restaurants, cafeterias, hawker centres, kopitiams, country club etc... All the places that he luvs to hang out he can't go anymore.. Some days he'll join me in some kopitiams who are not stringent but half the time he's worried always keeping a lookout. Almost everyday he has to TP food to eat @home.... Poor chap, how to live this kind of lifestyle the next few years?