• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Miss World Sinkapore Ris Low jobless for the past 3 years

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ris Low unable to find job for three years after credit card fraud

by inSing Editor
inSing.com - 3 July 2012 7:02 PM | Updated 7:17 PM

pc_600x450.jpg

(Photo / Screen grab from YouTube video)

Former Miss Singapore World Ris Low regrets her past follies and admits to being foolish after she is unable to find a job for the past three years due to a credit card fraud.

The 22-year-old was crowned in 2009, but lost her title after she was convicted in May that year for credit card fraud that she committed in 2008.

She said that for the past three years, she has been doing some soul-searching and understands that she was foolish to commit those crimes.

She has been helping out with administrative work at her parents’ renovation company, and learning new skills by taking private courses in accounting, business management and hotel management. She would not mind venturing into the entertainment business, but would still treasure the opportunity of a job outside of showbiz, she said in a Lianhe Wanbao report.

Ms Low first made headlines in 2009 when she became an object of ridicule after a video interview that went viral online showed her speaking English poorly.

Asked how she would answer to her critics, she insisted that English is one of her strong points. When asked whether the criticisms have affected her confidence, she smiled and said that she feels just the same as before and prefer to use English in conversations.
She added that her English grades have always been better than those for Chinese. [Oh dear! :eek:]

She believes there are people who would still talk about her past, and she was prepared that her credit card fraud would surface when she took part in the Miss Singapore World competition. That was why she was nonchalant when the news broke. She was also uncomfortable with stares from people on the street – something she claimed to have overcome now.

She said that when her criminal past came into light, her sisters also distanced themselves from her. Ms Low is the second child in her family. She has two sisters aged 24 and 19.

Ms Low recounted that once, she posted a picture of herself and her younger sister on Facebook, but that made her sister uncomfortable when her sister’s friend saw the photo. At that time, her sister asked her to remove the picture and not post similar photos anymore. She said that although her sister’s request was reasonable, she was hurt by the incident.

Their relationship has since improved, she said, when the three of them made a Mother’s Day card for their mother.
It remains to be seen if her work prospects will also improve soon.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she can be jobless for 3 years, shake legs.
a average local cant do that.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She has been helping out with administrative work at her parents’ renovation company, and learning new skills by taking private courses in accounting, business management and hotel management.

At least her parents have a company and she's working in it, so technically she isn't jobless.
Also, she's taking courses. Not bad for a bimbo.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't the deputy PM convicted of something more serious than her? Yet he was forgiven and brought into government to earn million dollar salaries for umpteen years.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There used to be a clothing store, call second chance, i guess there is no second chance in singapore. with relatively ease to hire young FT, why gave sinkies second chance.

very sad.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't the deputy PM convicted of something more serious than her? Yet he was forgiven and brought into government to earn million dollar salaries for umpteen years.

Who you know and who supports you matters. OSA is nothing serious, based on DPM's case.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
take it as a positive front for the chance to start her own business, why work for others?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. honest, i guess the young bimbo learns something from it.
2. yes, i wish her good luck in some "career" search thing.
3. everyone should be given a 2nd chance including bimbo hoh!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Her English results are better than Chinese? Not surprising mah.

My England is also stronger. My 'O' level, I got E8 for England and F9 for Chinese.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Her English results are better than Chinese? Not surprising mah.

My England is also stronger. My 'O' level, I got E8 for England and F9 for Chinese.

hi there

1. fat kid.
2. i bet your england improves after writing in sbf hoh.
3. after all, there are so many england high priests & knights here!
4. you should learn one or two things.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is she wasting time doing all these private diplomas? Just go take up ACCA or even go take a Masters from Australian uni like Alamaking la