• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ministry seeks residents’ understanding on workers’ dorm

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody hell if the place was made up of lower class, the gamen will probably just open the dorm without asking anyone. Everyone afraid the value of their house to fall with all the FTrash going ard and breeding with their precious daughters.

-----------

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry has said the location of temporary dormitories is limited by the available choices of vacant state buildings.

It tries to avoid housing foreign workers in residential areas and seeks residents’ understanding and support if some dormitories are located near their homes.

The ministry said this in response to Channel NewsAsia’s query after residents of Serangoon Gardens expressed unhappiness that a vacant school in the estate may be converted into a foreign workers’ dormitory.

Since last week, a petition has been making the rounds in the quiet neighbourhood. So far, over 500 residents in the private estate have signed the petition.

They are against turning the vacant school building on Burghley Drive into a temporary dormitory to house about 1,500 foreign workers and plan to raise this issue with their MPs on Wednesday during a dialogue session.

If approval is given and the plan goes ahead, the dormitory is likely to be a self—contained community, with shops and other social amenities. Authorities said this would minimise the impact on the neighbourhood.

However, residents are unlikely to be convinced, many of whom live just across the road. Traffic congestion and security are among their concerns.

One resident said: "Most of my neighbours are very old and they live alone. So security is a big issue if they house it here."

Another resident said: "It would be a disaster here. Thousand—over workers, can you imagine?"

Residents are hopeful that the authorities will take heed of their views.

MP for Aljunied GRC, Lim Hwee Hua, said: "I’m not surprised by the reaction, and I think the concerns raised are valid. What I’ll do is look at the feedback, add my own views as an MP looking after the area."

Mrs Lim added: "The social issues are a little trickier. Obviously, you can’t expect the foreign workers to be just confined to the site itself. So if they’re housed there, they’ll be coming out onto the park space, and mixing with the residents.

"This is not a problem by itself, but I think the residents are thinking of the social aspects, such as whether there’ll be the wrong kind of relationships formed between the domestic helpers and them. These are harder to address but they are concerns we should listen to."

The authorities said they are still reviewing the suitability of the site and no decision has been made yet.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ship the ingrate sinkees out then. They expect foreigners to wipe their arseholes but do not want to be reminded of them or to see them on the streets while they wine and dine.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ship the ingrate sinkees out then. They expect foreigners to wipe their arseholes but do not want to be reminded of them or to see them on the streets while they wine and dine.

Your analysis is of high standard. Are you some high level scholar or a professor of Harvard or MIT? i guess great minds think alike.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are many vacant bulding on thr western part of singapore , far away from these estate. Why shd it be at serangoon or aljunied estate ?

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
<< Mrs Lim added: "The social issues are a little trickier. Obviously, you can’t expect the foreign workers to be just confined to the site itself. So if they’re housed there, they’ll be coming out onto the park space, and mixing with the residents.

"This is not a problem by itself, but I think the residents are thinking of the social aspects, such as whether there’ll be the wrong kind of relationships formed between the domestic helpers and them. These are harder to address but they are concerns we should listen to.">>

What the residents really want is for the PAPpy gahmen to change the rules such that "it is not our fault" if the foreign workers next door befriend, run away with, or make the maids pregnant.

After all, there has already been a precedent set by pinkie Loon declaring that WKS was not to blame for allowing the limper Selamat to escaps from his custody.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry has said the location of temporary dormitories is limited by the available choices of vacant state buildings
>>

that is a lie. Last time at tekong got many empty buildings. Whole villages are empty.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry has said the location of temporary dormitories is limited by the available choices of vacant state buildings
>>

that is a lie. Last time at tekong got many empty buildings. Whole villages are empty.

Tekong vacancy only true for weekend la. Actually a good place is at Lim Chu Kang where there's a small group of flat coming out of nowhere. Get the residents out and let them convert to FT dorm. Far far away, cemetry nearby so many may not like to hang out at night too long

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah...what's the BIG DEAL..MIW said it's temporary only mah.
Just house them at the Sri Temasek ....our Prez can also make the FTs right at home :biggrin:
Heck...they can even have pratas together...our people's president MIGHT just become our FT's president :smile:

No disturbance to sinkees are we're only allowed to step into the royal property during open house...which is not frequent.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
its okay lah, this place multiracial society, let them integrate and even procreate with them, chinese and blanga, maybe the offsprings will look very nice

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually should get more local girls to hang around these FTrash and make more of them pregnant....then gamen sure heed the advice.

wooozzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM LEE: Let embrace them.NTUC CHIEF:They help singapore business to reduce cost . MOM: They created job for singaporean. GCT: They build our HDB Flat and Road.PAP: Without Them , Singapore is no where.
.Lim boon heng :They bring in Business to the shop.
So What is the big hooha
No happy ,get wp to solve the problems in the next election.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM LEE: Let embrace them.NTUC CHIEF:They help singapore business to reduce cost . MOM: They created job for singaporean. GCT: They build our HDB Flat and Road.PAP: Without Them , Singapore is no where.
.Lim boon heng :They bring in Business to the shop.
So What is the big hooha
No happy ,get wp to solve the problems in the next election.

Maybe can ask if SDP want to lease their space out to these people also. After all the opposition not really doing anything productive at their office. Might as well rent out to gain more revenue to pay off the suit.

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should house them next to Special Operation Command or any security operation facility. People so fast forgotten about the attack on NUS girl ??

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ministry is TOKING COCK !!! F88K THEM DEAD !!!

Why dun they built the dorm near to Turf City where there is plenty of land ??

Why ? Because most of these motherf88kers stay there, that's why !!

Bloody hell if the place was made up of lower class, the gamen will probably just open the dorm without asking anyone. Everyone afraid the value of their house to fall with all the FTrash going ard and breeding with their precious daughters.

-----------

SINGAPORE: The National Development Ministry has said the location of temporary dormitories is limited by the available choices of vacant state buildings.

It tries to avoid housing foreign workers in residential areas and seeks residents’ understanding and support if some dormitories are located near their homes.

The ministry said this in response to Channel NewsAsia’s query after residents of Serangoon Gardens expressed unhappiness that a vacant school in the estate may be converted into a foreign workers’ dormitory.

Since last week, a petition has been making the rounds in the quiet neighbourhood. So far, over 500 residents in the private estate have signed the petition.

They are against turning the vacant school building on Burghley Drive into a temporary dormitory to house about 1,500 foreign workers and plan to raise this issue with their MPs on Wednesday during a dialogue session.

If approval is given and the plan goes ahead, the dormitory is likely to be a self—contained community, with shops and other social amenities. Authorities said this would minimise the impact on the neighbourhood.

However, residents are unlikely to be convinced, many of whom live just across the road. Traffic congestion and security are among their concerns.

One resident said: "Most of my neighbours are very old and they live alone. So security is a big issue if they house it here."

Another resident said: "It would be a disaster here. Thousand—over workers, can you imagine?"

Residents are hopeful that the authorities will take heed of their views.

MP for Aljunied GRC, Lim Hwee Hua, said: "I’m not surprised by the reaction, and I think the concerns raised are valid. What I’ll do is look at the feedback, add my own views as an MP looking after the area."

Mrs Lim added: "The social issues are a little trickier. Obviously, you can’t expect the foreign workers to be just confined to the site itself. So if they’re housed there, they’ll be coming out onto the park space, and mixing with the residents.

"This is not a problem by itself, but I think the residents are thinking of the social aspects, such as whether there’ll be the wrong kind of relationships formed between the domestic helpers and them. These are harder to address but they are concerns we should listen to."

The authorities said they are still reviewing the suitability of the site and no decision has been made yet.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not locate it at bukit timah so that the minister can show his understanding?

gerogie yeo staying at the far east. mariam estate. somewhere near to the female changi prison. if u drive into the estate, u will see a cisco guarding outside. thats his place.