• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minah going places. Upwardly mobile. Switzerland and thriving

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Switzerland-based Malaysian pastry chef whipping up award-winning creations​

November 29, 2021

As a toddler, Bella Kamaruddin Jeunehomme remembers her grandmother waking her up early throughout the fasting month to make all types of conventional cookies for Eid.

“Each morning throughout Ramadan she would wake us up and we might find yourself staying within the kitchen until late making all types of cookies. She cherished to make roti paung as nicely, a must have buttery brioche form of bread,” shared Bella through e-mail.

“(As a result of these experiences), baking has been my ardour since I used to be seven years previous.”

At the moment, the 26-year-old pastry chef from Kuala Terengganu has carried that zeal together with her all the best way to Switzerland, the place she presently lives together with her mom and stepfather.

Bella moved there 9 years in the past after finishing her O-levels in Malaysia.

“After I first arrived in Switzerland, it was tough as a result of I spoke little French and I needed to study it with a view to adapt to the nation,” recalled Bella.
Bella won the gold medal in the Chocolatissimo chocolate sculpturing competition last year with this Savannah-themed creation.
Bella gained the gold medal within the Chocolatissimo chocolate sculpturing competitors final 12 months with this Savannah-themed creation.

She then enrolled for a pre-apprenticeship class in Ester, a school within the state of Neuchatel, and later discovered an apprenticeship as an intern chef at a fantastic eating restaurant.

Nevertheless, she give up after a month, realising that pastry was the place her ardour lies.

“I began to marvel if shifting to Switzerland was the most suitable choice, however I by no means gave up. Whereas ready to discover a appropriate place, I’d bake birthday desserts for mates and acquaintances as a result of there was no method I may keep residence and do nothing.

“My dad and mom had been all the time there for me they usually by no means gave up on me. They all the time advised me to have religion, endurance and to consider in myself,” she stated.

A 12 months later, she secured an apprenticeship at La Chaux de Fonds in Neuchatel at a bakery referred to as Au Coeur de France.

After her third month there, she took half within the nationwide Swiss Bakery Trophy competitors in 2018, with the assist of her boss Gerald Meyer.
Bella took home the gold medal in the Chocolatissimo chocolate sculpturing competition 2019 with this creation.
Bella took residence the gold medal within the Chocolatissimo chocolate sculpturing competitors 2019 with this creation.

“He inspired me to create my very own thought – I made a Christmas log referred to as La Bella Buche and we gained a silver medal for it,” shared Bella.

Her successful streak didn’t cease there.

Throughout her second and third years of apprenticeship, she participated in Chocolatissimo, a chocolate sculpturing competitors in Neuchatel as nicely the place she gained two gold medals in a row, in 2019 and 2020, and in addition a Richemont (a well known pastry college) particular award.

Bella just lately accomplished her three-year apprenticeship, throughout which she stated she additionally “fell in love with confectionery”.

Though she didn’t end as the perfect apprentice within the state for her ultimate examination, she was provided to participate within the ultimate competitors for younger confectioners from Romandie and Ticino, as the one that gained finest apprentice in her class didn’t need to take part in it.

“My boss prompt that I participate within the competitors. He knew that I preferred competitions and in addition I felt that I had so much to show. He supported me all through the preparation, with my former professor Jean Pierre Lecompte.”

To her delight, Bella gained third place within the competitors, held this 12 months, which noticed the perfect intern from every state competing for the Swiss intern champion title.
Bella won third place for this chocolate sculpture, created to the theme of 'Swiss Made', in the final competition for young confectioners from Romandie and Ticino this year.
Bella gained third place for this chocolate sculpture, created to the theme of ‘Swiss Made’, within the ultimate competitors for younger confectioners from Romandie and Ticino this 12 months.

“I used to be very joyful and proud to have the ability to symbolize the state of Neuchatel, a state that was as soon as an unknown metropolis for me. However then I realised that I didn’t simply symbolize a state in Switzerland however in my coronary heart, I used to be representing Malaysia as nicely.

“I used to be a stranger in Switzerland however now I’m making my method and reaching my dream,” stated Bella, who’s grateful to her employer, household and mates for his or her assist and encouragement.

Artistic fusions

Being Malaysian, Bella loves to attract from her background for recipe inspirations.

“I prefer to infuse Malaysian and Asian flavours in my pastries, and folks right here love them,” shared Bella, who makes use of plenty of coconut milk and pandan extract in her creations.

She will get lots of her concepts from the Web in addition to simply occupied with new combos.

“Generally I’m simply curious to know if two flavours complement one another nicely with out over-powering the style.

“Just a few of my creations stem from my grandma’s recipes, for instance her pineapple tart, or my late grandpa’s favorite desserts and sweets.”

Bella is most pleased with her specialty – a milk chocolate gianduja, crushed caramelised peanuts and skinny chocolate shortbread all lined in milk chocolate ensemble – which she created in honour of her late grandfather.
Deconstructed snickers made by Bella.
Deconstructed snickers made by Bella.

“It was my inspiration as a result of he used to purchase crushed peanuts on a regular basis and it was his favorite.”

Bella’s ardour for baking and confectionery runs deep.

“It fascinates me as a result of the creations are countless. You possibly can experiment with virtually something – candy, bitter, bitter, spicy… all that with the correct quantity and it may flip into one thing wonderful.

“I like the precision of all of it and the way pastries are so delicate. I like it once I experiment with one thing new and present it to individuals they usually have the largest smiles on their faces. That brings me pleasure.”

Since successful third place within the ultimate competitors for younger confectioners, Bella has been receiving job gives from throughout Switzerland.

However she has determined to just accept the place of head apprentice supervisor on the identical pastry store in Neuchatel the place she did her apprenticeship, beginning work in January.

In the meantime, she harbours hope of returning to Malaysia someday to open her personal pastry and confectionery store.

“After I try this, I might be utilizing the perfect Swiss sweets; it is going to be 100% Swiss chocs with Asian infusions,” shared Bella, who likes to sing and can also be taking dance lessons to disconnect from work after a protracted day.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...try-chef-whipping-up-award-winning-creations/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...pping-up-award-winning-creations/&via=MyWinet
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...try-chef-whipping-up-award-winning-creations/
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...stry+chef+whipping+up+award-winning+creations

https://mywinet.com/switzerland-based-malaysian-pastry-chef-whipping-up-award-winning-creations/#
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...stry+chef+whipping+up+award-winning+creations

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Switzerland-based Malaysian pastry chef whipping up award-winning creations​

November 29, 2021

Look how she is not wearing the ninja face cover burqa nor the faithful Muslim women's hijab or tudung. This proves that the less you are Islamic, the more successful you will be. Ditch the retarded religion and you will gain limitless potential

Majulah

Alfrescian
Loyal
if pastry is hahalal , can eat don't waste
if chef is not hahalal ,also can eat don.t waste lah

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look how she is not wearing the ninja face cover burqa nor the faithful Muslim women's hijab or tudung. This proves that the less you are Islamic, the more successful you will be. Ditch the retarded religion and you will gain limitless potential
Our Indian President wears burqa