• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrating? Leave your misery behind please.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
457 is nothing but to abuse local workers at the benefit of employers. Its like the EP in singkieland. Nothing but to destroy the local PMETs. It should be abolish n to force aussie employers to train local workers. Employers are assholes.

Provided you can convince the local workers to turn up for work the next day.
When we train Aussie workers, it feels like we are asking them a favor to be trained and they take the expensive lessons for granted.

457 visa has been useful to get the skills we need, without going through a lot of red-tape.

In my organisation, the union rep is always there to monitor the use of 457 visa applicants, provided they do not budging.
If there is a problem with 457 "slavery", they will be knocking on our doors.

But they see this ex-Singaporean which reminds them that the job may go overseas if their demands are unreasonable. :biggrin:
We employ locals first, even the arbos are working for us.

Like all sheep, some turn out black. They rort the system, they should be punished, not the 457 visa holders.

Anyway, the number of 457 visa applicants have gone down since the downturn of the manufacturing industry.

spoonerLW-620x349.jpg

Even Australian manufacturing are rebounding despite the high AUD, thanks to adjustments and resilient of the industry, and no thanks to ACTU or AMWU for making the readjustment difficult !

JULIA Gillard's chief ''spin'' man, John McTernan is one of the high profile arrivals under Australia's foreign workers scheme, which is designed for employers who can't find locals for jobs.
Mr McTernan, 52, an affable Scot who heads the Prime Minister's communications team, is on a 457 visa - like Gina Rinehart's workers will be, except they don't have to meet the ''skilled'' criteria he did.
The secretary of the PM's department, Ian Watt, vouched for him before he took up his job in the Gillard office last year. Formerly an adviser to Tony Blair ...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...n-pm-office-20120529-1zhdp.html#ixzz2OoHnizAq

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup you are right. i have seen and experience first hand the abuse of the 457. Also other immigrants namely from africa have a fucked up attitude with work permit holders. 457 to me is a slave visa. There is no clear cut help for people on the 457, even to switch employers is hard. I was offered alot of jobs when i was on the 457 but once the employers go to the DIAC website, they find it too troublesome to apply for me. It would have been esay if I was on my own, but I was with my young family. I definitely will try another route.

so what is your situation now? are you still in australia?
care to share your details here; age, occupation, academic/trade qualification, length of stay in australia? i will see how i can help.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
speaking of 457, i met this potential tenant from pakistan and he is on 457 visa. his job title is "fruit inspector" and works about 7 days a week. supposed to be in his late 20 but he look like he is 40+. half of his face and body seems to have suffered a stroke and he talked with half a mouth. Stingy like hell but his payslip showed that he is drawing $1000 per week (!).

now how many "fruit inspector" do you know that earn $1000 per week?

another bunch of sikhs here came here via student and 457 as well; drove two shift of taxis and they have been working here for the past 5 years. and they are in their twenties.