• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MIA : Security guard goes missing after trying to help woman

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the job scope, also go missing ?
Security guard goes missing after trying to help woman
By Seet Sok Hwee, Cheryl Lim, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 19 December 2008 2044 hrs

SINGAPORE: A security guard has gone missing at Robertson Quay near the Singapore River.

Colleagues believe the Malaysian man, whom police named as Saran Saunthara Pandian, was trying to help a woman.

Authorities found the man's shoes and walkie-talkie on the river bank at around 2am on Friday.

Colleagues said he was a good worker, but did not know how to swim.

Police called off the search after 14 hours. No bodies have been found and the police are still investigating.

Colleagues said Saran, who worked in the area, had been responding to a call for help.

Shismaan, a security guard, said: "I heard from another security guard, he said someone asked him for help... Then he went down to help the lady. Then after that, I don't know what happened." - CNA/vm

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
2AM? Supernatural? Intoxicated? Reported that there was no trace of woman in distress.

By Seet Sok Hwee, Cheryl Lim, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 19 December 2008 2044 hrs

SINGAPORE: A security guard has gone missing at Robertson Quay near the Singapore River.

Colleagues believe the Malaysian man, whom police named as Saran Saunthara Pandian, was trying to help a woman.

Authorities found the man's shoes and walkie-talkie on the river bank at around 2am on Friday.

Police called off the search after 14 hours. No bodies have been found and the police are still investigating.

Colleagues said Saran, who worked in the area, had been responding to a call for help.

Shismaan, a security guard, said: "I heard from another security guard, he said someone asked him for help... Then he went down to help the lady. Then after that, I don't know what happened." - CNA/vm

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st thing 1st. Fire that security chief that leave his man in a unknown situation alone with a unknown person in the middle of the night.

Poor guy might just walking into a trap. Any way which place did the missing security stationed ?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last edited:

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEWS UPDATE !!!!
Security guard goes missing after trying to help woman:eek:

Police find body of security guard floating in the river at Robertson Quay

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/397627/1/.html

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I heard from another security guard, he said someone asked him for help... Then he went down to help the lady. Then after that, I don't know what happened."

intriguing. another Rashomon.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not the first time man !

Two reason. One is supernatural and other is robbery.

There is always a lady in distress appearing somewhere along that place in the early hours. But then always dawn comes the lady in distress can never be found or traced.

Someone could have lure him there and have him murdered.

But Indians lack of discipline and high incidence of misadventure.

jurongeer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Journalist / Reporters not doing a good job by not finding that lady to interview her.

She is the most crucial player in this event.

Failure to bring her out to public will make people fear that its a ghost and maybe many ppl working there will resign!!!

So, the police should make a public appeal for that lady to report that incident at police station.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Journalist / Reporters not doing a good job by not finding that lady to interview her.

Failure to bring her out to public will make people fear that its a ghost and maybe many ppl working there will resign!!!

So, the police should make a public appeal for that lady to report that incident at police station.

154th reporting news with No head no tail. Better dismiss the reporter for doing very bad job.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I heard from another security guard, he said someone asked him for help... Then he went down to help the lady. Then after that, I don't know what happened."

intriguing. another Rashomon.

I think maybe he hear/saw 'lup sup'(lady ghost) thing at 2am+ and jump down there to save the 'lup sup' thing

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally for mia in water, noting will b fd by the police and the body will cum back the next or few days later n if mia most probably he's gone already. Haiz such will always b the case. RIP

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poodles are non-swimmer. Expect them to search for body in Singapore River is like asking them to jump in the ocean for a needle. If Mas Selmat goes underwater to take cover, nobody will know.

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
WAIT !!! What you mean "This is not the first time"? is there others similar case?

This is not the first time man !

Two reason. One is supernatural and other is robbery.

There is always a lady in distress appearing somewhere along that place in the early hours. But then always dawn comes the lady in distress can never be found or traced.

Someone could have lure him there and have him murdered.

But Indians lack of discipline and high incidence of misadventure.

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blame them lah… The police don't give them any info cos the incident is under "Investigation", so every clue they found and know will seal tight. If info is leak to public… some one will lose his Badge.

And even the info is leak to the reporter, not necessary their Boss (censorship) will allow to print it.
<><><><><><><><><><>

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example, when national soccer player Sulaiman Hashim, 17, was bludgeoned to death near Boat Quay in 2001, those who attacked him were convicted of causing grievous hurt and jailed for five years and caned.