• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHAGate - Position of Trust - Do not relent at all costs

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and it goes down the chain. Non-partisan in Civil Service is non existence.

In reality, the more senior a civil servant is, the more he kow tow to his political masters. From PS down to Directors, it's the same. They need to protect their rice bowl, be perceived as politically correct etc. If you get 10% non-partisan civil servants, consider it close to a miracle. No one wants to rock the boat and be known as a rebel.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In reality, the more senior a civil servant is, the more he kow tow to his political masters. From PS down to Directors, it's the same. They need to protect their rice bowl, be perceived as politically correct etc. If you get 10% non-partisan civil servants, consider it close to a miracle. No one wants to rock the boat and be known as a rebel.

I totally agree with what you stated about the obedience of the high-ranking civil servants to their political masters..

From PS down to Directors (Commissioners, etc.., Generals, Rear Admirals) its all the same. These are political

appointees and surely would be always beholden to their "masters" for not being so would mean disloyalty and loss

of "future benefits" etc... (like being appointed Cabinet Ministers, Ambassadors, MPs, etc..and offered directorship to

so many departments.

No farmer would want to damage a vineyard with so many sweet grapes dangling from it.

However, that may NOT be the case with the majority civil servants at the bottom rungs. Like the general populace,

these people are all a suffering lot too. Their masters and the "masters masters" enjoy high salaries and wonderful

fringe bebefits and other incentives. The salaries of these low ranking (Division Three) civil servants are so low as

compared to their bosses and the "bosses bosses".

But remember, these civil servants forms the majority and when they resign en-bloc, the system comes to a

complete halt.

Name one top civil servant who knows how to issue a summons for illegal parking, let alone know what form to use?

Name me any General who has been able to lead an army that had absconded?

So the top bosses (sadly elected by goondus like us) should stop thinking about their "blue-eyed boys"

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same reminder can be made of votes being secret. But since not everyone is fully aware of it or even when told, believes it is true, the ruling party keeps its silence on this and gains the advantage.
MHAGate, You infracted me due to a misreading of my post. I was following up on Zhihau's reminder that civil servants are neutral. I was saying that it must also be reminded that voting is secret and many people do not know and even if told dare not believe it is true. By keeping silence, PAP is taking advantage of this misconception. You infracted for exactly the opposite meaning.