• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MerLot, Cabsab, ShiraZ, Syrah; which's your prefrence ..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As I am a die-hard Cab-sab fan; so any Other combos is a no-no for me..:smile:
The worst Ones wouLd be ShiraZ for me; somehow the HangoVers just set in the Day after..:cool:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Red wine and brandy are the worse for hang overs followed by scotch whisky. And I call Shiraz,,shitraz...its nothing but purple color water with pepper thrown in.

nanjingren

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect, if you are a cabernet sauvignon fan, you would have known that the short form is cab sav, not cab-sab. As for Shiraz or Syrah, am surprised you would get a hangover the day after..........

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bordeaux blends will be good for you. mixture of cab sav and merlot and maybe a touch of cab franc.

i kind of like GSM - Grenache Syrah Mourvedre. softens much of that peppery shiraz taste. the french have that in Cote Du Rhone.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And oh, not forgetting ZinfenddeL; this One's sure Like a Date-rape drink besides Pinot..:smile:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since this thread is about wines..for the wine connoisseurs here. Could someone explain the differences between the wines from various regions?

France:
Germany:
Europe in General
Australia
Chile
USA
China
New Zealand

For me I now think Aust wines are rough only good for Shitraz which I hate.
New Zealand famous for Pinot Noir and Savugnion Blanc but now like in Oz many wineries own by ah tiongs and heard they are cutting corners there.

And for AH Tiong land had one Dynasty wine years ago,,taste like shit,,,but heard that the AH Tiongs are really investing in their wine industries and getting Foreign wine makers to improve their wines..but we all know the typical ah tiong will cut corners when the foreigners go home,..

thoughts and insights anyone?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look up this link:

http://www.winemag.com/Wine-Enthusiast-Magazine/Wine-101/

for beginners, it will tell you most of the stuff you need to know about wine. it's well organized and extremely well written. some idiots will tell you not to trust anything posted on the internet, but i can tell you this is informative reading material for the wine novice.

as for china wine, i need to wank to the music and song of sun horse before i can comment further. :biggrin:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is not China Wine lah...its China Whine...the horse whines

look up this link:

http://www.winemag.com/Wine-Enthusiast-Magazine/Wine-101/

for beginners, it will tell you most of the stuff you need to know about wine. it's well organized and extremely well written. some idiots will tell you not to trust anything posted on the internet, but i can tell you this is informative reading material for the wine novice.

as for china wine, i need to wank to the music and song of sun horse before i can comment further. :biggrin: