• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just visited Astaka showroom. This kelong project is built on a stadium JB government sold during financial difficulty in 2003/4. (SARS)

Something very special for this development....
1. It is suppose to be LH; but somehow a genius covert it to FH and
2. from residential to commercial.

I start to have some interest in this project because whomever behind this project must be a "Royal breed".

Most importantly ....
3. The road authority even approve a tunnel to be build between CIQ and Astaka.

Genius at work....... Royalty at work. I am impressed.......
It may be good. But my personal opinion is the units are a bit too large to get tenants.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So smart.

It is perfect for own stay.

Smallest 2219 Sq ft. Biggest 2600+.

If there are studio or 2 bedroom, the number of units will hit 1000.

It will be a test before Lido Blvd launch.

It may be good. But my personal opinion is the units are a bit too large to get tenants.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

Tower A.......

image.jpg

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks, we can now see there are units left. No wonder they advertised in yesterday's papers. Meanwhile while Huttons is balloting today and claiming that Blk B hasnt been opened up, I hear that Blk has been mostly sold through a Japanese agent not only to Japs but also local mkt. There are some unpopular units left though so this may still be offered to balloters who dont get anything, my guess only .
If they insist on putting out false stories they are just playing the buyers. Eventually we'll figure out who is telling the truth , who's lying and I should hope buyers would steer clear of the liars.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is agency style. They need people to give that positive energy and show the demand for the project. They may give discount or provide full furnishing for those less popular units. How much is this LH development?
Thanks, we can now see there are units left. No wonder they advertised in yesterday's papers. Meanwhile while Huttons is balloting today and claiming that Blk B hasnt been opened up, I hear that Blk has been mostly sold through a Japanese agent not only to Japs but also local mkt. There are some unpopular units left though so this may still be offered to balloters who dont get anything, my guess only .
If they insist on putting out false stories they are just playing the buyers. Eventually we'll figure out who is telling the truth , who's lying and I should hope buyers would steer clear of the liars.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

image.jpg
Today ballot time update , bblk b fully sold to japanese company ; equity fund . Lowest price at 519k , highest 2.85m. Within 1 hr all 1 beddr gone. Crazy sales like CNY wet mkt . Earlier agent adv from s$199k .....not even one in this price ! False advertising.

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

WoW! Smallest unit is about RM1000psf. Japnese is really moving their funds out before Yen depreciates further.
Today ballot time update , bblk b fully sold to japanese company ; equity fund . Lowest price at 519k , highest 2.85m. Within 1 hr all 1 beddr gone. Crazy sales like CNY wet mkt . Earlier agent adv from s$199k .....not even one in this price ! False advertising.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

WoW! Smallest unit is about RM1000psf. Japnese is really moving their funds out before Yen depreciates further.
Not really . 1 bed unit start at 633sqft at iskandar resid n price is without DIBS (with -up5%)
at this price better go for ujana@east ledang , 6xx-7xx psf for FH condo .

Last edited:

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

The single buyer discussion for tower B was already for some time since Apr, finally it's Japan equity fund group which some had expected. Latest is that, rest of units for sale n ballot will increase price since Iskandar Resi is actually going for avg RM800psf.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

thought one bedder is 500 sqft. Is it fully furnished?
Not really . 1 bed unit start at 633sqft at iskandar resid n price is without DIBS (with -up5%)

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

thought one bedder is 500 sqft. Is it fully furnished?
Meridin smallest 500+sf , iskandar residence smallest 633 sf. Meridin in today ST for other towers n Afiniti by capitalland oso in ST today . Spoil for choice as more launch on hot mkt.
Wonder how many units were sold in medini n puteri harbour already, is there so much demand for rental by 2015 onwards ? Even SG appears to have overbuilt condo , esp w cooling measures now.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 10371

Its OLD news about the Jap funds buying Blk B. Huttons kept denying this when buyers asked them but this was going around. I asked a Tophills agent, he also denied that Blk B had been released. As for False advertising, this is how they reel in buyers. Get us interested then hope that when they create hype, with all the frenzied buying in the showgallery we will just agree to pay 'a bit more'. Buyers beware, I think this will be how Singapore agencies mkt Iskandar property from now on. I for one will not be buying from them.,

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better save ammo for Sunway Iskandar. They are the NEAREST to Singapore with a special access from the highway for Sporeans to reach Pendas in 5 years time. Bungalows from RM 1.3-RM 1.5 million. Even if they double it to RM 3million, its still damn cheap

Really have to say Good luck to those who bought 99 year Medini at RM 700psf. They better make sure they got enough funds to last them thru 20 years because those who bought 10 units thru leverage is gota kill themselves once the interest rate raise by 1% of when the economic crisis SWEPT the region again. Its just about time a recession come anyway as we have almost reached the cycle

For those who don't believ a recession will come within this 10 years, please go to the library now.

According to the article, the 1.3 m bungalows refer to taman molek area, not sunway iskandar.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ujana got many units still looking for tenants. Medini prices like this, no need to look for tenants, hold and flip better.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better save ammo for Sunway Iskandar. They are the NEAREST to Singapore with a special access from the highway for Sporeans to reach Pendas in 5 years time. Bungalows from RM 1.3-RM 1.5 million. Even if they double it to RM 3million, its still damn cheap

Sounds good but I would be taken aback if they launch at this price if its FH as in Bukit Indah & HH you cant even get a semi-d for this price anymore.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really have to say Good luck to those who bought 99 year Medini at RM 700psf. They better make sure they got enough funds to last them thru 20 years because those who bought 10 units thru leverage is gota kill themselves once the interest rate raise by 1% of when the economic crisis SWEPT the region again. Its just about time a recession come anyway as we have almost reached the cycle

For those who don't believ a recession will come within this 10 years, please go to the library now.[/QUOTE]

I hear the largest multi purchase was 6 units , from Tophills side.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good properties that sell by themselves don't need agents. Just like leisure farm, HH, EL all don't ndos or DIBS. With so much hypes and stories created by these agents.. I think it will just turn me off from any purchase.

Its OLD news about the Jap funds buying Blk B. Huttons kept denying this when buyers asked them but this was going around. I asked a Tophills agent, he also denied that Blk B had been released. As for False advertising, this is how they reel in buyers. Get us interested then hope that when they create hype, with all the frenzied buying in the showgallery we will just agree to pay 'a bit more'. Buyers beware, I think this will be how Singapore agencies mkt Iskandar property from now on. I for one will not be buying from them.,

shining

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah mine is 08. Hope it will not be so hot. I think 01 will be much hotter. Looking forward to the future city view though. Maybe find a good binocular and maybe can see some movie star in pinewood studio. Hehe

Hi, I am deciding if I should by a high floor unit from Propnex launch today. It is at Tower A 03 or 04 stack. 04 stack may not be as hot as 03 stack but the number may not be so good...do you think there would be a difference between 03 and 04 stack in term of heat?

at RM780psf is it worth considering?

Thanks.