• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin@Medini nets RM261mil in 5 hours

BUOYANT MOOD: Buying sentiment returned when 446 units or 75 per cent were sold out during the preview

Buyers returned with a vengeance and snapped up 446 units valued at RM261 million during the recent preview of Mah Sing Berhad’s The Meridin@Medini in Iskandar Malaysia. Within five hours, the preview registered a 75 per cent take-up rate. Out of that, 65 per cent of the units were bought by Malaysians with the balance taken up by foreign investors from Singapore, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Indonesia.

The by-invitation only closed-door event attracted some 1,500 visitors from more than 4,000 registrants. Meridin@Medini is a purpose-built integrated development along Persisiran Pantai JB-Nusajaya which leads to Kota Iskandar.

Mah Sing’s Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive, Tan Sri Datuk Sri Leong Hoy Kum said, “This reflects investors’ confidence in the product, concept, location and our Mah Sing brand name. We shall certainly create a new icon in Medini.”

Complementing the suites are 30 units of lifestyle retail units with built-ups from 850 sq ft onwards, indicatively priced from RM1,000 psf. Much of the interest in the retail units came from companies that commence qualifying activities before 31 December 2015 as they are able to register for IDR Status that grants a variety of tax breaks including income tax, withholding tax for services and royalties, import duty and sales tax and even the real property gains tax.

Meanwhile, Mah Sing will be launching the final block of M City Jalan Ampang this weekend at their property gallery in The Icon Jalan Tun Razak, opposite Micasa Hotel.

M City is an integrated project comprising SoHo Suites in Block 1 (fully sold), Serviced Residences in Block 2 (90 per cent sold) and Block 3 (to be launched this weekend), lifestyle retail (almost 100 per cent sold) and Sky Villas (future launch).

There will be a choice of studio, simplex and duplex units with varying room configurations in Tower 3 of M City. The units enjoy a built-up of 506 sq ft priced from RM750,000, up till 3+1 bedroom duplex units with built-up of 1,903 sq ft priced at RM2.6 million.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

Could be a typo... But what I heard is that Medini is Freehold land, just that the Medini development company carved it into 99yr leasehold, and developments like Meridin & Iskandar Residences @ Medini applied for extension of 30 years upfront. Pretty much like Far East buying Freehold land but selling as 99-year leasehold...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just heard from a friend that Iskandar Residences is also being marketed to the Japs, Blk B. In fact it appears soem units have been sold according to her.But at Huttons talk we were told Blk B not released yet. So am puzzled. Does anyone know anything about this?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marketing agents will not tell you everything. Otherwise, people will not be interested. Understand that it happen to Encorp Marina too. Quite a no. of the Tower 1 Encorp Marina view facing was actually sold before the balloting but no mention of anything. You will get to know more if you are in the inner circle.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

My malaysia agent revealed the price is around between 900-1000psf due to expected strong demand... Oh my darling.. just forget it.. might as well buy some freehold properties in Danga bay?

Marketing agents will not tell you everything. Otherwise, people will not be interested. Understand that it happen to Encorp Marina too. Quite a no. of the Tower 1 Encorp Marina view facing was actually sold before the balloting but no mention of anything. You will get to know more if you are in the inner circle.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

My malaysia agent revealed the price is around between 900-1000psf due to expected strong demand... Oh my darling.. just forget it.. might as well buy some freehold properties in Danga bay?

You mean 900 to 1000psf for Meridin's Tower B?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

No Iskandar Residence tower A from my agent

This sounds like hype again. Several agencies are putting out different stories.What I so very much detest:mad:. They keep us guessing till the last day. Meanwhile, I got a 'price list ' from a tophilsl agent which is significantly lower, around 725psf. Huttons has been quoting 750 to 800psf, so not far from that as there's supposed to be a discount as well. I dont see how they can expect their buyers to stomach a sudden RM150 and abv price increase at the last minute. Are there going to be enough gullible buyers?
I hear Blk B has been mostly sold out . Anyone's guess , what is true...

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

May 17, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

By Farah Wahida:

The Meridin@Medini in Iskandar Malaysia sold 446 units with a collective value of RM261 million during its recent preview, reported The New Straits Times.

Astoundingly, 75 percent of the units were sold within just five hours. Out of this figure, 65 percent were purchased by Malaysians, while the rest were bought by foreigners from Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

“This reflects investors’ confidence in the product, concept, location and our Mah Sing brand name. We shall certainly create a new icon in Medini,” said Tan Sri Datuk Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive of Mah Sing.

Also sold were 30 lifestyle retail units measuring from 850 sq ft and priced from RM1,000 psf. Most of the buyers were firms that commence qualifying activities before 31 December 2015 as they will be able to register for IDR Status. This grants many incentives such as royalties, income tax, import duty, sales tax, real property gains tax and withholding tax for services.

Developed by Mah Sing Bhd, Meridin@Medini is a purpose-built integrated project located along Persisiran Pantai JB-Nusajaya.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes.. my agent said.. anyway I am not interested anymore to persue further any properties from Medinni.. unless the develeopers are from BRDB or Temasek type..

Iskandar Residences (or D'Residences @ Medini) rm900 to rm1k psf, cannot be rite?

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rm1k Psf is probably the future price.. The speaker at the talk Tony Teo gave a balanced view and cautioned against unsustainable pricing. Medini at RM700-800 Psf sounds reasonable given the amenities and infrastructure there...

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rm1k Psf is probably the future price.. The speaker at the talk Tony Teo gave a balanced view and cautioned against unsustainable pricing. Medini at RM700-800 Psf sounds reasonable given the amenities and infrastructure there...

future pricing is abit early to tell, however any buyer must know that if buy in iskandar must be prepared to hold mid to long term, 5 to 10years. This should allow for the realisation of full potential.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Midwest Avenue is marketed by Huttons in Singapore too, in Malaysia it's TopHills. Wonder how's it like dealing with Malaysia agencies?

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Midwest Avenue is marketed by Huttons in Singapore too, in Malaysia it's TopHills. Wonder how's it like dealing with Malaysia agencies?

I think it depends on the individual sales person.

Maybe I have been lucky but I had very good experience both with Huttons and Tophills.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

So many invites to visit Medini and Puteri Harbour for site viewing. Things are really moving.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

So many invites to visit Medini and Puteri Harbour for site viewing. Things are really moving.

Yeah but local mkt must be languishing as I keep getting invitations to previews with 'high tea' . Also Sky Habitat they have slashed the price. One year after launch Capitaland still hasnt sold out. As for Iskandar its not as easy as they make it sound to sell as there are many.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just visited Astaka showroom. This kelong project is built on a stadium JB government sold during financial difficulty in 2003/4. (SARS)

Something very special for this development....
1. It is suppose to be LH; but somehow a genius covert it to FH and
2. from residential to commercial.

I start to have some interest in this project because whomever behind this project must be a "Royal breed".

Most importantly ....
3. The road authority even approve a tunnel to be build between CIQ and Astaka.

Genius at work....... Royalty at work. I am impressed.......