• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
image.jpg

Astaka JB Sentral.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you visit the Mah Sing office in the Austin area, there will have the up todate info on what's available and whats left, at least thats what I was told.

What about the developer for Iskandar Residences? Do they have an office we can check with? I believe its Distinctive Resources. I am also concerned about whetehr this developer is good, havent heard much about them. Any idea? I am quite keen on Iskandar Residences but hesitant to hand over cheque to Huttons. I am uncomfortable with balloting.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the developer for Iskandar Residences? Do they have an office we can check with? I believe its Distinctive Resources. I am also concerned about whetehr this developer is good, havent heard much about them. Any idea? I am quite keen on Iskandar Residences but hesitant to hand over cheque to Huttons. I am uncomfortable with balloting.

Which part of the balloting process are you not comfortable with ?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part of the balloting process are you not comfortable with ?

Firstly uncertainty over price, they will only tell us 1 hr before balloting, then we have to decide which unit to go for.

Secondly, we dont know how many others are going for which units so if we choose 'wrong unit', chances are less.

Thirdly, I feel all this cloak and dagger stuff abt price etc is just adding to the hype.
Meridin after all that talk abt 4000 cheques still has 2 and 3 bedrooms left over. A Malaysian agent assures me she can get me a unit, Propnex also says there are units left.I didnt bother to check with Mah Sing as I decided not to go ahead with it. Mainly Southwest facing.

Fourthly, its time consuming and we may ultimately end up with nothing as we decide not to go for it at last minute of price is more than we expect or we ballot and dont get unit. With only 1 hr to decide,we may also not make best decision.
I prefer buying straight from developer when we know exact price and units available, we can then decide without pressure.

Just my thots.Not my buying style.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun know the office (...yet) but can find out.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not Iskandar property so hot even rich Mangali are joining the fray?

Like I said, its a lot of hype. I dont want to buy into that. Frankly buyers are spoilt for choice. There is Danga Bay, Pueri Harbour, Medini, apart from individual developers launching and many projects in Zone A also. Singaporeans tend to believe agencies here and go with them, but I am starting to realise some info we're getting may not be accurate. Certianly its not as hot as made out to be. I will still buy but no need to rush.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the location of Midwest is very good, so near to Double tree hilton. if really RM890 psf..... :biggrin:

I know 8 June there is a new launch new at the Junction of Jalan Ngee Heng & Jalan Suleiman.
Location of the condos is next to Kotaraya Bus Terminal.

MidWest AvenuePrice from RM890 psf.

Type A - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 860 sqft (Fully Furnished) = 28 units
Type A1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 1,093 sqft (Fully Furnished) = 7 units
Type B - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 807 sqft = 28 units
Type B1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 807 sqft = 7 units
Type C - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 952 sqft = 108 units
Type C1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 1114 sqft = 27 units
Type C2 - 1 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,136 sqft = 27 units
Type D - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,154 sqft = 36 units
Type D1 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,443 sqft = 9 units
Type D2 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,306 sqft = 40 units
Type D3 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,526 sqft = 10 units
Type D4 - 4 Bedroom & 3 bathroom, Size : 2,875 sqft = 1 unit

*All units semi furnished with Air-con, Wardrobe & Kitchen cabinet

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Good for those travelling or commuting. But leasehold as well? In time to come it seems more and more leasehold will be launched.

midwest is likely freehold, just like other JB sentral developments...matex, tri-tower, paragon suites.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly uncertainty over price, they will only tell us 1 hr before balloting, then we have to decide which unit to go for.

Secondly, we dont know how many others are going for which units so if we choose 'wrong unit', chances are less.

Thirdly, I feel all this cloak and dagger stuff abt price etc is just adding to the hype.
Meridin after all that talk abt 4000 cheques still has 2 and 3 bedrooms left over. A Malaysian agent assures me she can get me a unit, Propnex also says there are units left.I didnt bother to check with Mah Sing as I decided not to go ahead with it. Mainly Southwest facing.

Fourthly, its time consuming and we may ultimately end up with nothing as we decide not to go for it at last minute of price is more than we expect or we ballot and dont get unit. With only 1 hr to decide,we may also not make best decision.
I prefer buying straight from developer when we know exact price and units available, we can then decide without pressure.

Just my thots.Not my buying style.

I very much agree with you. I certainly don't like the cloak and dagger style it is conducted in. I still prefer the conventional first-come-first-served style at launches where what you see on the published price list is what you get. I prefer launches marketed by Knight Frank which, does not employ the Huttons' advance cheque-collection style.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marketed as business suites (SOHO) but build and advertised like residential properties. Is "SOHO" the way to go in JB CBD?

All the new sentral developments sit on freehold commercial land titles. Cheers:smile:

Midwest avenue is SOHO and it is commercial rather than residential.