• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

Some articles on Mah Sing's Meridin integrated development project:

Besides the Meridin Suites Residences, the 3ha integrated development, with a gross development value of RM1.1 billion, also features the Meridin Linx Small Office Versatile Offices, Meridin Walk lifestyle retail podium and Meridin Exchange corporate towers.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/5/13/business/20130513134913&sec=business
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20130513002312/Article/index_html

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development

is Meridin 99 or 129 years lease hold? I heard only Iskandar residences is 129 but the article in Biz Times(My) seems to indicate othewise. :confused:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I spoke to sales guy at E&O.

I also found out their bungalow in Zone B is also 129 LH.

After that,I just talk rubbish with them and spend the rest of the day enjoy myself.
Iskandar is becoming a Ponzi scheme soon.....

"There are thing that you should not buy at all.
For any other thing, there are MasterCard. Hahah."

You want to know what is cheap on Wednesday in Singapore?
Ans: a meal in Tonkichi Resturant which give me 25% for the whole day.

Just enjoy a meal in Tonkichi (membership $20) and forget about Iskandar for a while.

is Meridin 99 or 129 years lease hold? I heard only Iskandar residences is 129 but the article in Biz Times(My) seems to indicate othewise. :confused:

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the special economic zone Medini it's all extended by 30yrs. How the additional years are added into the lease, no idea. When I get the S&P, will know I hope. Nevertheless, Meridin is an exclusive development in its location.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard the developers have an option to extend the default 99-year lease by another 30 years (i.e. 129-year leasehold) either (1) at the beginning before launching the development and built into the cost, or (2) collecting more money from the owners collectively at the prevailing land price nearing the expiry of the 99-year lease.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering how psf?

Heard Meridin is between RM650 to RM800 psf... Astaka from RM800+ psf but huge quantum and in old JB... I guess the next launch to look forward to is Iskandar Residences @ Medini (previously D'Residences @ Medini) and d'Pristine coming up in June

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard Meridin is between RM650 to RM800 psf... Astaka from RM800+ psf but huge quantum and in old JB... I guess the next launch to look forward to is Iskandar Residences @ Medini (previously D'Residences @ Medini) and d'Pristine coming up in June

I think Astaka is from 1000 psf ?

Yes, big quantum as the smallest unit is 2000 sq ft+ !

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know 8 June there is a new launch new at the Junction of Jalan Ngee Heng & Jalan Suleiman.
Location of the condos is next to Kotaraya Bus Terminal.

MidWest AvenuePrice from RM890 psf.

Type A - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 860 sqft (Fully Furnished) = 28 units
Type A1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 1,093 sqft (Fully Furnished) = 7 units
Type B - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 807 sqft = 28 units
Type B1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 807 sqft = 7 units
Type C - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 952 sqft = 108 units
Type C1 - 1 Bedroom & 1 bathroom, Size : 1114 sqft = 27 units
Type C2 - 1 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,136 sqft = 27 units
Type D - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,154 sqft = 36 units
Type D1 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,443 sqft = 9 units
Type D2 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,306 sqft = 40 units
Type D3 - 2 Bedroom & 2 bathroom, Size : 1,526 sqft = 10 units
Type D4 - 4 Bedroom & 3 bathroom, Size : 2,875 sqft = 1 unit

*All units semi furnished with Air-con, Wardrobe & Kitchen cabinet

I think Astaka is from 1000 psf ?

Yes, big quantum as the smallest unit is 2000 sq ft+ !

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mah Sing's article indicate its extended 30yrs so can assume its added on?
If at the end of 99yrs, then who cares for now... as it goes the new launches are going to be priced higher; D'Pristine, D'Residences, Medini Signature (left 1 block), Afiniti, and the Chinese developer's land parcel behind the 1Medini/MedSignature parcel. Highest I know so far for Meridin is close to RM750+psf, dun think its higher then that... yet.

Last edited:

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Astaka should be RM1000 psf and more, the units are all also very big.
High floor (25th and above) 2 bedder at Meridin Tower C was booked at about RM730 to RM750+psf, so far I heard from direct buyers from... sg :smile:

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Astaka should be RM1000 psf and more, the units are all very big.
High floor (25th and above) at Meridin Tower C was booked at about RM730 to RM750psf, so far I heard from direct buyers from sg.

I have been offered a unit at about that price but its 02 stack which i think has afternoon sun, south west facing. So am hesitant.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mah Sing's article indicate its extended 30yrs so can assume its added on?
If at the end of 99yrs, then who cares for now... as it goes the new launches are going to be priced higher; D'Pristine, D'Residences, Medini Signature (left 1 block), Afiniti, and the Chinese developer's land parcel behind the 1Medini/MedSignature parcel. Highest I know so far for Meridin is close to RM750+psf, dun think its higher then that... yet.

Yes but it appears they didnt get a very good response. Didn't sell out.They have commercial units left over and also residential, mainly south west facing.Will these units also be unpopular for rental? I am concerned about that. View sounds good, am being told ist seaview and less than 750psf for high floor. It appears investors dont like PM sun units . As for commercial, my husband is keen to get a unit. Wondering what the potential will be. I am hesitant .Any advice?

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been offered a unit at about that price but its 02 stack which i think has afternoon sun, south west facing. So am hesitant.

Where was the offer from.
Better units are those facing legoland direction over the hill, especially tower C.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes but it appears they didnt get a very good response. Didn't sell out.They have commercial units left over and also residential, mainly south west facing.Will these units also be unpopular for rental? I am concerned about that. View sounds good, am being told ist seaview and less than 750psf for high floor. It appears investors dont like PM sun units . As for commercial, my husband is keen to get a unit. Wondering what the potential will be. I am hesitant .Any advice?

Hi there, I think first you and your husband must drive there and go around ZoneA, Kota Iskandar, Puteri Harbour and Horizon to have a good feel. Also need to know the confirmed master marked-up and land sales. With these you can appreciate the project and its surronding better - at least thats what I did and zoom in, and at the selection time its true that most investors goes for those high floors units facing Legoland especially for tower C (being less 200 units, its more exclusive).

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

We have been to Medini, though not actual site of Meridin. Also been to Puteri Harbour and we are quite familiar with Zone A as we bought in Setia Tropika. You're right, we need to explore more. From invetsment point of view, there's more discussion here on Residential. Wonder what you all think of the commercial in Medini. 1K psf doesn't sound expensive to me when in SG commercial is going at 6K psf and more in good locations. But I know that SG and MY arent the same so we can't just assume its a good deal.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where was the offer from.
Better units are those facing legoland direction over the hill, especially tower C.

Its just an agent telling me its available when I enquired yesterday. This is an agent based in Malaysia. Meridin is being marketed not only by Propnex but also Malaysian agencies so no one knows for sure what's available, info may not be very up to date. The Legoland facing is sold out I heard.

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its just an agent telling me its available when I enquired yesterday. This is an agent based in Malaysia. Meridin is being marketed not only by Propnex but also Malaysian agencies so no one knows for sure what's available, info may not be very up to date. The Legoland facing is sold out I heard.

If you visit the Mah Sing office in the Austin area, there will have the up todate info on what's available and whats left, at least thats what I was told.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you visit the Mah Sing office in the Austin area, there will have the up todate info on what's available and whats left, at least thats what I was told.

Thanks. That's useful info.I wish moe developers would sell directly instead of putting usthrough the
circus of ballting.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. That's useful info.I wish moe developers would sell directly instead of putting usthrough the
circus of ballting.

The whole balloting process started in Singapore and now the Malaysian developers are applying it there too :( maybe for developments popular with Singaporeans lol