• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 99LH, every year of delay eats into the asset value. Please refer to this news (I also posted in another thread):
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/9/10754/new-house-prices-to-increase-10-

Unlike in Sg, Medini's 99- or 129-year clock starts after VP.

I read the only regulation that strongly discourages the developer to slack in their period of construction is HDA's act which should be stated in all residential developments SPA.

Which means, commercial properties are not subject to such a regulation. Best of luck to those who booked offices to be built by a first-time developer with largely only aircon and ventilation background. No offense; just well wishes.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's a f*&^ing cowboy country. I won't buy off plans ever again in MY. freaking vomit blood.

Higher capital appreciation potential comes with higher risk investments, like in such notti cowboy countries. Imo, at least there is a plan that has slowly been realised since 2006. And at least Malaysia is the 2nd most transparent country to invest property in in SEA.

I can't imagine what are the stakes involved for buyers who invested in Indonesia, Myanmar, the Phillipines or India.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Higher capital appreciation potential comes with higher risk investments, like in such notti cowboy countries. Imo, at least there is a plan that has slowly been realised since 2006. And at least Malaysia is the 2nd most transparent country to invest property in in SEA.

I can't imagine what are the stakes involved for buyers who invested in Indonesia, Myanmar, the Phillipines or India.

Indonesia and India are in bubble state. Malaysia overall is still okay but we have to wait for the Budget announcements on 25 Oct to see the actual impact areas.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who bought Meridin when it was launched 1-2 months ago, was there any discount? Like 10% or something like that?

I read that it was possible to get RM720 psf even for high floors? Was that only for early launch?

I heard now it's is something close to RM800 psf.

Thanks for any input.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
At first I also thought so.. but Khazanah is moving in.. Don't think they want to risk their reputation for delaying that building. It is considered somewhat iconic as it is the first commercial office units in Medini. Surely it will be reported in newspaper.

Not vested.

I read the only regulation that strongly discourages the developer to slack in their period of construction is HDA's act which should be stated in all residential developments SPA.

Which means, commercial properties are not subject to such a regulation. Best of luck to those who booked offices to be built by a first-time developer with largely only aircon and ventilation background. No offense; just well wishes.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
At first I also thought so.. but Khazanah is moving in.. Don't think they want to risk their reputation for delaying that building. It is considered somewhat iconic as it is the first commercial office units in Medini. Surely it will be reported in newspaper.

Not vested.

Again, I don't mean to blast the project but I also thought about that. Khazanah will just be a tenant for 12 years. They didn't buy Tower 1. Why didn't they? If I fully trust in the location and developer, why wouldn't I buy? Leasing is less of a gamble, imo.

No developer would want to risk their reputation. There is more to gain by completing the project. But if I have never built a building before, let alone a pioneer and supposedly iconic commercial building in Medini, in today's construction climate, I should be a little worried.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Appreciate this point about VP. Singapore should follow Malaysia, but now buyers are penalised by developers' delay in TOP.

Which project are you referring to for the air-con developer?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Appreciate this point about VP. Singapore should follow Malaysia, but now buyers are penalised by developers' delay in TOP.

Which project are you referring to for the air-con developer?

Am not vested with the aircon developer. But understand the construction will be build by Singapore company.

The project is beside Afiniti and Lego Hotel.. Project name: The Mxxxer.
Its a twin towers building.. I think it should be alright as its quite well connected.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who bought Meridin when it was launched 1-2 months ago, was there any discount? Like 10% or something like that?

I read that it was possible to get RM720 psf even for high floors? Was that only for early launch?

I heard now it's is something close to RM800 psf.

Thanks for any input.

RM800 psf should be about right... I heard Iskandar Residences Medini is also selling RM800 psf now, so good for those who bought at only RM600+ psf!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am not vested with the aircon developer. But understand the construction will be build by Singapore company.

The project is beside Afiniti and Lego Hotel.. Project name: The Mxxxer.
Its a twin towers building.. I think it should be alright as its quite well connected.

Recent Singapore condos are also suffering from quality issues, with BCA watching over them. There is no BCA watching them in Malaysia.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM800 psf should be about right... I heard Iskandar Residences Medini is also selling RM800 psf now, so good for those who bought at only RM600+ psf!

Actually the psf quotes can be misleading sometimes. Cos it also depends on floor level and type of unit. I've not heard of Iskandar R selling for RM600+. Is it for low floors 1 / 2 bedroom?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psf cannot tell the full picture. You can demand high psf at that doesn't mean it's easy to sell off. With so many launches in the pipeline resale will be not easy. It's a buyer's market now I would say.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
why do you like to live in a place full of rapists, robbers, murders and carjackers?
Better buy. Sinkapore is going to be a province of India and pinoy land. Unless you want to be rape by them and your next generation screwed by them, better run road.