• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Merdeka Generation Package is to make them pay more; not less

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leong Sze Hian on Merdeka Generation Package: Premiums Up 80 Percent, Subsidy Only 10 Percent

Financial advisor and socio-political activist Leong Sze Hian whacked the government for making life more difficult for the Merdeka Generation – Singaporeans who are born in the 1950s and set to be on the receiving end of a government bonus package to “reward” them for their contributions to nation-building.

Speaking at the “Where is the Accountability” rally yesterday (16Mar), Leong said that as someone who is eligible for the Merdeka Generation Package, he would receive a 5 to 10 percent subsidy on MediShield Life premiums.

However, at the same time, his MediShield Life premiums will increase by over 80 percent.

This, because the 4-years transitional subsidy for premiums ends in November this year.

“You give me 5 or 10 percent, you increase by 80 over percent, is that helping me? So when questions like these are asked, why is the government so silent? Where it the accountability? Actually, my friends in the Merdeka Generation would call this ‘adding insult to injury’?”

Leong also criticised the government, claiming that it is pocketing a surplus from Singaporeans contribution to their Medisave accounts.

“Your annual contribution to Medisave accounts in total is about S$10 billion. Your interest on all the Medisave accounts is S$4 billion. You add 10 and 4 together, you get S$14 billion dollars. This is the inflows from healthcare to the government. What about the outflows? The government’s operating healthcare expenditure in a year is about S$10 billion. The total withdrawals from Medisave to pay for medical expenses and insurance premiums is less than S$4 billion. Huh? So the inflows to the government exceed the outflows? What does this mean? We’re the only government that from a cash flow perspective doesn’t spend any money on healthcare. Another way of putting it – we’re the only government in the world that makes money from healthcare.”

Leong said that Singaporeans need to continue to press the government despite “government silence” on niggling questions regarding bread-and-butter issues.

“Accountability is the mother of all our problems. Because if the government is always silent on the questions that ordinary citizens ask, then I can tell you, maybe in the future less people will be brave enough to ask more questions.”
ke the entire government will turn up at the same reunion dinner every new year.”

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“Your annual contribution to Medisave accounts in total is about S$10 billion. Your interest on all the Medisave accounts is S$4 billion. You add 10 and 4 together, you get S$14 billion dollars. This is the inflows from healthcare to the government. What about the outflows? The government’s operating healthcare expenditure in a year is about S$10 billion. The total withdrawals from Medisave to pay for medical expenses and insurance premiums is less than S$4 billion. Huh? So the inflows to the government exceed the outflows? What does this mean? We’re the only government that from a cash flow perspective doesn’t spend any money on healthcare. Another way of putting it – we’re the only government in the world that makes money from healthcare.”

interest of $4b on total annual contribution of $10b is too high lah. more like 6.9% on a good year. if total disbursement or withdrawals is less than $4b down to as low as $3.1b, then the magic sinkie number of $6.9b should hold true for positive cash flow or “savings” in medisave accounts. trying to save also tio scolded. huat ah!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only found out there was a rally on 16 Mar (Sat) as I made my way back home along North-South Bridge Road. Saw a crowd of people at Hong Lim Park. :laugh:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle already said many times and have to say again KNN medisave is govt main source of income as is not allowed to pay for many medical treatments and when is allowed to the counter staff will ask do you want to claim medisave KNN ccb then have to tell them want to pay using medisave not claim KNN

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not to make them pay more.

It's not to make them pay less.

It's to make them pay.

Deducing what what you have said, we can surely come to a conclusion that is , PAY and PAY. That is what most Singaporeans, Pioneer, Merdeka or...love most. P.A.P. MERDEKA! ha ha ha ha

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN sinkies started to make donations to their ma the moment they start working and most sinkies after several years of work would have reached 50k or so and ma min sum increasing yearly but it will be locked indefinitely till the day you die or have a critical illness that is as good as dead KNN just calculate the number of sinkies x average ma sinkie have KNN in billions of $ you know KNN

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shield is for the PAP-shielding them from having to pay for welfare to locals so they can reap million dollar salaries and give generous scholarships to foreigners