• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Memorial for JBJ After PAPee is Overthrown

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Remembering JBJ: 'I might have never known him fully, but I hope future generations will.'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS indeed sad and unfortunate that Mr J.B. Jeyaretnam died suddenly on Tuesday morning due to heart failure. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my heartfelt condolences to his family.
I remember Mr Jeyaretnam as a fighter, but beyond that, as a human being who was passionate about his ideas, and visions. Despite the seemingly insurmountable problems he faced, he tackled them head on, and without any sense of defeat or surrender.
I was not even born when Mr Jeyaretnam won the Anson seat during the 1981 by-election, but from the archival footage I have seen, I saw a man who stood proud in victory, ready to enter Parliament and represent the interests of Singaporeans. Ultimately, you could sense that this was a man who could deliver his promise of a better future for Singaporeans.
It is also unfortunate that Mr Jeyaretnam's passing comes when his newly formed political party, the Reform Party, has just taken shape. However, I am sure the ideals and causes Mr Jeyaretnam championed and fought for - democracy, and freedom of speech and expression, will be duly carried on by his party associates.
I hope Singaporeans who truly know the character and personality of Mr Jeyaretnam, will remember him as someone who had respect for Singapore and all Singaporeans alike. I might have never known him fully, but I hope future generations will. Daryl Chan