• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
On your account before and up 2013 it was non-bleak? I understand in the period 2011-2013 there're plenty of sales, marketing, poster, advertisement, news, blogs, and many people talks about it. Your sentiment is influence by marketing activities and sales talk.

After 2013, numerous sporting events been held, pinewoods had completed number of projects, universities students increase by the year, universities annual enrollment drive intensified of previous years, Marlborough take up rate consistently rise, frost move in to Medini, Huawei move in to Medini, gleneagles opened, somerset opened.....that is that how so, you looking at wrong place my friend.

Let me clarify:

Bleak after 2013 because before that, many viewed Iskandar with rose-tinted glasses. Interestingly, Straits Times even reported how attractive Iskandar was, being the "darling" of investors. When the truth struck hard in 2014 onwards that there was a huge oversupply, the news turned bleak suddenly. It's like people started waking up and realising it's not as rosy as it had looked.

Your points about many companies opening and all that are irrelevant. Firstly, it will be good to have numbers. For eg, yes, Gleneagles opened. But what are the patient numbers? Anyone who visits there again, maybe can kindly take some pictures and show how deserted the hospital is.

Secondly, I wouldn't be too influenced by who does what. Remember and care for yourself first as a buyer or investor who is putting your money on something important. For eg, some said previously Peter Lim was developing properties in Iskandar. How can a super rich and savvy investor like him go wrong? So let's invest too! Then what happened? He too knew the risks and fears. He converted his property business into healthcare. If you followed blindly, you are stuck. Peter Lim can't save you.

So many companies opening everywhere is irrelevant and you can't conclude because of that, Medini will thrive. One still has to remember Iskandar is very big, 3x the size of SG. There are so many residential units and houses. Students and workers are spoilt for choices.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this and make your own call or judgement if you will:

http://www.khaliladis.com/blog/three-reasons-to-invest-in-medini-in-2016

3 people/authority I won't trust completely:

1. Khalil Adis
2. Ryan Khoo
3. IRDA

It's their job to sell Iskandar. If you go to a salesman not knowing a product you are going to buy, or an agent not knowing whether a property you are seeing is good, you will be in trouble. It's their job to convince you it's fantastic. Many were taken in when they rushed to buy many Iskandar properties back in 2013 because agents told them Must Buy, Capital Appreciation/Rental Guaranteed! Today, most are keeping quiet. Some are frustrated/sad when the truth is revealed.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Bleak after 2013 because before that, many viewed Iskandar with rose-tinted glasses. Interestingly, Straits Times even reported how attractive Iskandar was, being the "darling" of investors. When the truth struck hard in 2014 onwards that there was a huge oversupply, the news turned bleak suddenly. It's like people started waking up and realising it's not as rosy as it had looked."

- Many view rose-tinted glasses through glossy brochure and mock up model of what is to be.
- Straits Times reported "darling"...all the positive vibe news.
- That's exactly what I mentioned....sales/market talks, visualization and expectation...and it's all just that before 2013...and it should be the bleakest.
- On 2014 forward...real world actual things begin....refer to previous post of many events/activities happened....how can that be bleak? If you insist before is okay....after is bleak....that is plain herd mental.

"Your points about many companies opening and all that are irrelevant. Firstly, it will be good to have numbers. For eg, yes, Gleneagles opened. But what are the patient numbers? Anyone who visits there again, maybe can kindly take some pictures and show how deserted the hospital is."

- This point is plainly die die want to win.....ok you win.....Gleneagles as a hospital has zero influence....if someone argue otherwise....no problem....just say that particular hospital forever empty.

"Secondly, I wouldn't be too influenced by who does what. Remember and care for yourself first as a buyer or investor who is putting your money on something important. For eg, some said previously Peter Lim was developing properties in Iskandar. How can a super rich and savvy investor like him go wrong? So let's invest too! Then what happened? He too knew the risks and fears. He converted his property business into healthcare. If you followed blindly, you are stuck. Peter Lim can't save you."

- Irrelevant to points I've flushed out....it's all past/present day facts.....unlike you whom always look 20years ahead and dare to claim your forecast is right...LOL

"So many companies opening everywhere is irrelevant and you can't conclude because of that, Medini will thrive. One still has to remember Iskandar is very big, 3x the size of SG. There are so many residential units and houses. Students and workers are spoilt for choices."

- Another die die want to win point. So many flaws one though....so many flaws. Please force your friend to cut loses....25% cheaper than purchase price...PM me.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this and make your own call or judgement if you will:

http://www.khaliladis.com/blog/three-reasons-to-invest-in-medini-in-2016

My advice to do simple desk research.
Just google map and check out where are the places of activities eg restaurants or offices. Then look at where your target investment is located. That should give you a rough idea where to invest. Look at how space out those investments are and how they complement each another.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/iskandar+malaysia/@1.4211441,103.6504473,17z

I really find it intriguing that you would personally test drive a car costing $100k, yet you do not want to go over to see for yourself a unit costing you $500k. You only listen to the likes of sales agent like Hut**ns, H**tamas or whatever.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me clarify:

Bleak after 2013 because before that, many viewed Iskandar with rose-tinted glasses. Interestingly, Straits Times even reported how attractive Iskandar was, being the "darling" of investors. When the truth struck hard in 2014 onwards that there was a huge oversupply, the news turned bleak suddenly. It's like people started waking up and realising it's not as rosy as it had looked.

Your points about many companies opening and all that are irrelevant. Firstly, it will be good to have numbers. For eg, yes, Gleneagles opened. But what are the patient numbers? Anyone who visits there again, maybe can kindly take some pictures and show how deserted the hospital is.

Secondly, I wouldn't be too influenced by who does what. Remember and care for yourself first as a buyer or investor who is putting your money on something important. For eg, some said previously Peter Lim was developing properties in Iskandar. How can a super rich and savvy investor like him go wrong? So let's invest too! Then what happened? He too knew the risks and fears. He converted his property business into healthcare. If you followed blindly, you are stuck. Peter Lim can't save you.

So many companies opening everywhere is irrelevant and you can't conclude because of that, Medini will thrive. One still has to remember Iskandar is very big, 3x the size of SG. There are so many residential units and houses. Students and workers are spoilt for choices.

If investing is so painful. what for invest?
Put FD in Singapore bank at 1% interest. No need worry, no heartache, no jams and sleep tight tight.
So potential investors, please think hard hard. Don't invest then cry. You had been fore warned.
Better still, don't come over. Remember what I posted before. With or without Singapore, Iskandar will continue.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone think that the rest of Iskandar will be overshadow by the new kid on the block - Forest City with its slew of incentives?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go easy please... It's not worth to get so defensive. Not everyone thinks Region A, City B, or Country C is worth investing.

I've gone down to Medini to experience and verify for myself the discrepancy about how people here say Iskandar is good investment vs the general larger view out there it's a risky, oversupplied region.

I've satisfied myself it's not a worthy investment based on what I see, and I agree largely with what others are saying about Iskandar, Medini in particular. That's just me.

But if you think you want to put your money in Medini or other parts of Iskandar, pls go ahead. It's your money and your choice. Right or wrong, good or bad, only you can justify for yourself.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone think that the rest of Iskandar will be overshadow by the new kid on the block - Forest City with its slew of incentives?

Puteri Harbour will still be main center of attraction.
Reasons:
It already had a head start in F & B and hotels.
The Government offices are there.
The watering holes are all there.

Forest City will take time. It will be at least 3-5 years before it is ready to compete.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go easy please... It's not worth to get so defensive. Not everyone thinks Region A, City B, or Country C is worth investing.

I've gone down to Medini to experience and verify for myself the discrepancy about how people here say Iskandar is good investment vs the general larger view out there it's a risky, oversupplied region.

I've satisfied myself it's not a worthy investment based on what I see, and I agree largely with what others are saying about Iskandar, Medini in particular. That's just me.

But if you think you want to put your money in Medini or other parts of Iskandar, pls go ahead. It's your money and your choice. Right or wrong, good or bad, only you can justify for yourself.

Nothing defensive. No worries. I fully respect what others invest. You don't see me condemning this or that project is bad. I cannot say Medini is bad as well. Who am I to say?
All I can offer advice is "go there, open eyes big big, buy limited land properties, buy freehold, etc"
If no one want to listen, what can I say. I surely don't like to kaypoci other people's decision.

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
KAYPOCI - :biggrin:

Kaypoci still not that bad. At least never condemn people as stupid, can't make it, poor, loser etc.

:cool:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing defensive. No worries. I fully respect what others invest. You don't see me condemning this or that project is bad. I cannot say Medini is bad as well. Who am I to say?
All I can offer advice is "go there, open eyes big big, buy limited land properties, buy freehold, etc"
If no one want to listen, what can I say. I surely don't like to kaypoci other people's decision.

That's a good attitude.

Actually, you are free to say Medini is bad. Ok, maybe "bad" is a strong word that will cause people to slam you. You can definitely say how you feel honestly. Whatever you say, it's your own judgement, perception and personal investment. Nobody can put you down. If I don't like the smell or taste or durians, I will downright say I don't like durians and I think they stink. Why should I say durians are nice just because I am surrounded by a group of durian-lovers?

So I am not afraid at all to say I think Medini is not worth investing in. Period. No one can accuse me I've not been there. I opened my eyes big and observed when I was there. And if anyone wants to know the truth, I walked totally on foot from Legoland to 1Medini side, Puteri Harbour and back to Legoland. How many of you have done that? I figured if I was travelling in the car, it would be too comfortable with air-con and I wouldn't have an accurate feel of the whole place.

Try exploring the areas around Paradiso Nuova, 1Medini, and Iskandar Residences condos. They are quiet and deserted. That's not all. I also saw many unused lands and trees all over.

I don't know, maybe some of you may want to start drawing parallels about how SG was once like that and property prices boomed later. Then I should remind you that you also agreed JB is not like, and should not be like SG. Of course. We are miles apart. JB has so much land. Planning is also not as detailed and open like SG, among several other factors.

I've said many many times and I will repeat it here in case people don't know where I am coming from. Money is yours. Your financial background may be different from many others. How willing you are to spend is based on your choice. So everyone is entitled to their own opinions. For eg, I bought an iPad before but used it only a few times. After only 3-4 short years, some 3 new models were released and my old iPad is now chucked in some drawer. I can afford to do that. But I'm not sure about someone, say from a 3rd world country whose few months of salary is equal to an iPad. For such people, they would naturally think very hard and long and be very careful whether to buy an iPad or not.

So similarly, I told my friend to give up his Medini condo because I knew his background. He is far from a millionaire (like a handful of you here) but just a commoner (earning slightly less than $100k a year) who wants to try to make his money work harder purely by investing in a Medini condo. I told him, Look, just admit you've made a mistake and move on. Either you lose this sum of money (S$30+k) now or are you going to suffer more for the next 10-20 years? It will likely be too late to sell your property then. Who's going to buy? Sure, maybe if you are lucky, you may find one eventually. When? And likelihood? Understand the (high) risks involved and the odds you are against.

If you are a multi-millionaire, maybe you find paying full cash on a RM1 mil home is peanuts. I can totally understand that. But not all are like that. I can afford to dump my iPad but a 3rd world worker can't.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a good attitude.

Actually, you are free to say Medini is bad. Ok, maybe "bad" is a strong word that will cause people to slam you. You can definitely say how you feel honestly. Whatever you say, it's your own judgement, perception and personal investment. Nobody can put you down. If I don't like the smell or taste or durians, I will downright say I don't like durians and I think they stink. Why should I say durians are nice just because I am surrounded by a group of durian-lovers?

So I am not afraid at all to say I think Medini is not worth investing in. Period. No one can accuse me I've not been there. I opened my eyes big and observed when I was there. And if anyone wants to know the truth, I walked totally on foot from Legoland to 1Medini side, Puteri Harbour and back to Legoland. How many of you have done that? I figured if I was travelling in the car, it would be too comfortable with air-con and I wouldn't have an accurate feel of the whole place.

Try exploring the areas around Paradiso Nuova, 1Medini, and Iskandar Residences condos. They are quiet and deserted. That's not all. I also saw many unused lands and trees all over.

I don't know, maybe some of you may want to start drawing parallels about how SG was once like that and property prices boomed later. Then I should remind you that you also agreed JB is not like, and should not be like SG. Of course. We are miles apart. JB has so much land. Planning is also not as detailed and open like SG, among several other factors.

I've said many many times and I will repeat it here in case people don't know where I am coming from. Money is yours. Your financial background may be different from many others. How willing you are to spend is based on your choice. So everyone is entitled to their own opinions. For eg, I bought an iPad before but used it only a few times. After only 3-4 short years, some 3 new models were released and my old iPad is now chucked in some drawer. I can afford to do that. But I'm not sure about someone, say from a 3rd world country whose few months of salary is equal to an iPad. For such people, they would naturally think very hard and long and be very careful whether to buy an iPad or not.

So similarly, I told my friend to give up his Medini condo because I knew his background. He is far from a millionaire (like a handful of you here) but just a commoner (earning slightly less than $100k a year) who wants to try to make his money work harder purely by investing in a Medini condo. I told him, Look, just admit you've made a mistake and move on. Either you lose this sum of money (S$30+k) now or are you going to suffer more for the next 10-20 years? It will likely be too late to sell your property then. Who's going to buy? Sure, maybe if you are lucky, you may find one eventually. When? And likelihood? Understand the (high) risks involved and the odds you are against.

If you are a multi-millionaire, maybe you find paying full cash on a RM1 mil home is peanuts. I can totally understand that. But not all are like that. I can afford to dump my iPad but a 3rd world worker can't.

Good take on the above. On the contrary, I do not think having enough money is a major factor when choosing where to invest. Money is still money. You do not throw it away easily.

My take is whenever you buy into an unknown especially greenfield area, you must know the area very well. You must know what is happening to the plot of vacant land next to you and so on. Can this project stand alone or you need the next project to support you. That is why I keep saying to people, for goodness sake, go to the site and look. Open eyes big big and see. I purposely mentioned if you guys are lazy, google map will do. At least on google map, you can see how far and isolated the intended project is from a bird eye view. You can also see where most restaurants and commercials are bunched together. When you drive over to the place, you can add you actually saw to what is on google map perception. Brownfield on the other hand is easy. You can see what is in existence. All you need is to blend in.

In all fairness, 1Medini is one of those early project in Medini. At that time if I am not wrong, it was in 2012 and the price was around RM 400psf. Many buyers are actually locals. My existing neighbour is one of them too. To them RM400 is not a high risk. But I didn't like it as it is on the road side and nothing else. It is all hearsay and all I saw then was hoardings after hoardings.

Some old timer on this forum mentioned many moons ago. Buy where there is limited land. Do not buy where there is limitless land. Who say you can't learn anything from forums like this?

Now you know why I buy Puteri Harbour? Cos not only it is limited waterfront land, it is also freehold. The restaurants are all bunched together and beers are free flowing. This is the only place where liquor licence are allowed in this vicinity. (PH is not part of Medini, though close by) as alcoholic drinks are not allowed under Muslim laws. I am not too sure in later years on other areas in Iskandar. The infra was already here in PH. Roads, Government office, Hotel and eateries, etc. It is not as busy and I would like it to have. It is getting there as construction is painfully getting completed. But if you have Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Educity, Pinewood Studios and many other Government officials, where would they go for dinner or drinks in a remote area like Medini? There's only 2 areas to choose from. Either it is Gelang Patah or Puteri Harbour. Your choice.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the limited land concept is one of the major reasons why I am into PH also. Plus it has 2 marinas and I read that marinas ppties are even more in demand than seafront ppties ! PH is actually mirrored after Monacco's marinas , right down to the shape of the 2 marinas.

Some folks said but they can build on the endless land next to PH what...yes but they will not be within walking distance to the marinas and drinking spots. Its totally different feel when u have to hop into a car , drive , then find parking vs just strolling there. That's why the land within walking distance to the marinas is valuable and LIMITED.

Good take on the above. On the contrary, I do not think having enough money is a major factor when choosing where to invest. Money is still money. You do not throw it away easily.

My take is whenever you buy into an unknown especially greenfield area, you must know the area very well. You must know what is happening to the plot of vacant land next to you and so on. Can this project stand alone or you need the next project to support you. That is why I keep saying to people, for goodness sake, go to the site and look. Open eyes big big and see. I purposely mentioned if you guys are lazy, google map will do. At least on google map, you can see how far and isolated the intended project is from a bird eye view. You can also see where most restaurants and commercials are bunched together. When you drive over to the place, you can add you actually saw to what is on google map perception. Brownfield on the other hand is easy. You can see what is in existence. All you need is to blend in.

In all fairness, 1Medini is one of those early project in Medini. At that time if I am not wrong, it was in 2012 and the price was around RM 400psf. Many buyers are actually locals. My existing neighbour is one of them too. To them RM400 is not a high risk. But I didn't like it as it is on the road side and nothing else. It is all hearsay and all I saw then was hoardings after hoardings.

Some old timer on this forum mentioned many moons ago. Buy where there is limited land. Do not buy where there is limitless land. Who say you can't learn anything from forums like this?

Now you know why I buy Puteri Harbour? Cos not only it is limited waterfront land, it is also freehold. The restaurants are all bunched together and beers are free flowing. This is the only place where liquor licence are allowed in this vicinity. (PH is not part of Medini, though close by) as alcoholic drinks are not allowed under Muslim laws. I am not too sure in later years on other areas in Iskandar. The infra was already here in PH. Roads, Government office, Hotel and eateries, etc. It is not as busy and I would like it to have. It is getting there as construction is painfully getting completed. But if you have Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Educity, Pinewood Studios and many other Government officials, where would they go for dinner or drinks in a remote area like Medini? There's only 2 areas to choose from. Either it is Gelang Patah or Puteri Harbour. Your choice.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the limited land concept is one of the major reasons why I am into PH also. Plus it has 2 marinas and I read that marinas ppties are even more in demand than seafront ppties ! PH is actually mirrored after Monacco's marinas , right down to the shape of the 2 marinas.

Some folks said but they can build on the endless land next to PH what...yes but they will not be within walking distance to the marinas and drinking spots. Its totally different feel when u have to hop into a car , drive , then find parking vs just strolling there. That's why the land within walking distance to the marinas is valuable and LIMITED.

Haven't been to Monaco yet. :smile:

Nearest equivalent I have seen would be Darling Harbour in Sydney. Darling Harbour is also a eat and shop lifestyle waterfront / marina area.
The water taxis "Rocket" would pass under Sydney Harbour Bridge to reach the ferry terminals.

I am now imagining water taxis passing under 2nd link bridge from PH to Forest City. Nice..will be there one day. :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sommerset.jpgAffiniti.jpg