• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mediacorp Gone Fuck! Even Jeanette Aw Has Left!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
jeanette-aw-the-last-entry.jpg

SINGAPORE: Actress Jeanette Aw announced on Thursday (Oct 12) that she is leaving Mediacorp and talent agency Hype Records-Artiste Network, saying it is time to move on.

"Going solo. Yes, it's official," she wrote on her Facebook page.

"This decision was deliberated upon over time. Personal growth, the environment, that little voice within that simply grew louder and the universe showing me it was time to move on," she added.

Aw, 38, has been with Hype Records for 15 years, as long as she has been with Mediacorp. She said her decision to go solo would give her greater control over her career.

"I guess sometimes I meet with certain frustrations at work and being vocal isn’t a good idea at all. And I’m done with always being on the receiving end of instructions and not being able to contribute in a bigger way," she told Toggle in an interview, adding that she "thought long and hard" before coming to the decision.

Commenting on her decision, Mediacorp's The Celebrity Agency said: “We have a long and positive working relationship with Jeanette, and look forward to working directly with her for future projects.”

Aw leaves at the height of her career. She has been nominated eight times for best actress at the Star Awards, and won her first best actress accolade last year for her role in the Channel 8 drama The Dream Makers 2.

In 2012, she founded a production company called Picturesque Films where she tried her hand at filmmaking.

This year, she wrote, directed and produced her own short film, The Last Entry, which is currently in post production. It will be released in the second half of next year, and Aw plans to submit it for short film festivals and competitions.

"I’ve always believed that to grow, as a person and as an actor, I need to welcome challenges, in this case find new challenges. I’ve always believed in the need to renew and reinvent the self, and reignite the passion along the way," said Aw in her Facebook post.

"Now, a new journey begins."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-leaves-mediacorp-and-hype-to-go-solo-9303984

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I’ve always believed that to grow, as a person and as an actor, I need to welcome challenges, in this case find new challenges. I’ve always believed in the need to renew and reinvent the self, and reignite the passion along the way," said Aw in her Facebook post.

"Now, a new journey begins."
---------------------------------------------------------
This is so cliché.

It is simpler just to say, "I want a boyfriend."

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2012, she founded a production company called Picturesque Films where she tried her hand at filmmaking.

This year, she wrote, directed and produced her own short film, The Last Entry, which is currently in post production. It will be released in the second half of next year, and Aw plans to submit it for short film festivals and competitions.

Jade Seah and Jeanette both aspire to be filmmakers like Angelina Jolie. It's not easy. Once they stop sleeping with the management, they get fallen out of favour.

Michelle Chong offended the management and there's was almost no Tv publicity for her Lulu movie, depending on social media and SPH. During the premiere for Lulu, she even got traffic police at the road junction to filter the guests who drank.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
after so many years our mediacorpse productions are still as infantile
the dialogue horrible, the script simply horrendous, and the acting damned bloody lousy
no improvement at all
the Koreans had gone global
the honkies have one global
even the Malaysian dramas are getting better
what is happening to our own mediacorpse productions
even the past is better to watch
something damned wrong about our own mediacorpse

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised people still watch MediaCorp's productions -no different from my disbelief that people still read the ST!
No wonder the 70% voted the way they did

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at her acting it’s sterile. Only one expression for all situations. Maybe in bed when she having orgasm also same expression. She still eating French sausage ?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you look at her acting it’s sterile. Only one expression for all situations. Maybe in bed when she having orgasm also same expression. She still eating French sausage ?
only remember her in little nonya series
other than this nothing much...now eating sausage
getting jaded and too stiff in her acting...sad loss
all the mediacorpse who eat too much sausages all jaded and faded away

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Channel 8 is showing Korean drama on 9pm weekdays. no more local drama, they finally realized their dramas were really awful and boring to watch.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Channel 8 is showing Korean drama on 9pm weekdays. no more local drama, they finally realized their dramas were really awful and boring to watch.

In the past, there's 雾锁南洋,咖啡O,新兵小传,小飞鱼 and other nice shows... now ah? :confused::confused::confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How the F** cares about Jeanette Aw?...no look, no "mangoes", no "butts"...nothing to make you turn around & walk into a lamp post.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No loss to Mediacorp. She can't act anyway. Her leaving is an easy way for Mediacorp who has been thinking of how to rid her.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeanette Aw's acting is no big deal, she and mediacorp are made for each other since both are equally mediocre.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jeanette Aw's acting is no big deal, she and mediacorp are made for each other since both are equally mediocre.

Agree. Never really could act, despite her popularity in Little Nonya.

Her nose job and botox treatments have left her face even more mask-like and expressionless than before, a bane of all actresses.