• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Media Veteran's NTU scholarship application rejected, ends up doing PhD overseas

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Editor's Note: The writer, Miss Hayma Malini, is a radio personality and TV host in Singapore; she also owns production house 23 Frames Pte Ltd with her husband Yugendran.

I did an interview with Dr Devendran in a program called "Sollathaan Ninaikkiraen" where he broke down, recounting his younger days... Impressed with how the interview went, he queried where I had done my degree and what my field of study was. I informed him I did not have a degree; thereafter he asked me to apply for the MDIS scholarship and urged me to continue my studies. Thanks to Dr Denan, I did so and secured a scholarship to do my Bachelor of Arts degree graduating with a 3.92/4 GPA and silver medal achievement.

I then applied for a scholarship with the Singapore Indian Education Trust (SIET) to pursue my masters with Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Thanks to SIET, I did complete my masters with NTU and decided to continue with a PhD there.

I was offered a place. However, despite having above decent grades (4.45/5) and relevant working experience, NTU chose not to grant me a scholarship.

More at http://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/03/media-veterans-ntu-scholarship.html