• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

May i have $1 discount?

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
When a Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) captain was sentenced for speeding at 195kmh on May 8, he was not worried about the one-year driving disqualification.

Instead, Yang Chee Hwa wanted the district court to lower his maximum $1,000 fine, because it would have an adverse effect on his promotion prospects and performance bonuses.

But in the judgment released this week, District Judge John Ng said Yang should have to bear the consequences of his irresponsible act.

He said: "I could not justifiably order him to pay a fine of $999 for him to avoid the collateral consequences of his conviction and sentence. The maximum fine and one-year disqualification are also to serve as a general deterrence to other speedsters."

///
xxx
btw, what would be his consequences????
///
xxx

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
///
When a Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) captain was sentenced for speeding at 195kmh on May 8, he was not worried about the one-year driving disqualification.

Instead, Yang Chee Hwa wanted the district court to lower his maximum $1,000 fine, because it would have an adverse effect on his promotion prospects and performance bonuses.

But in the judgment released this week, District Judge John Ng said Yang should have to bear the consequences of his irresponsible act.

He said: "I could not justifiably order him to pay a fine of $999 for him to avoid the collateral consequences of his conviction and sentence. The maximum fine and one-year disqualification are also to serve as a general deterrence to other speedsters."

///
xxx
btw, what would be his consequences????
///
xxx

He will promoted to BG..that will the consequences...he can't drive..but he is a good fryer..oops! flyer!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time for him to prepare for a second career as insurance or real estate agent. Or if he can swallow his pride, he can fly for Air Asia.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nowadays opidcer are getting younger and younger. Was at Kranji Camp doing RT when I saw a captain that looks barely 28 and a major that looks barely 23 :eek: