• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. This is the problem when market boom.
That is why I always sound cocky when I say I do not believe in rental return or yield.

I buy for capital gain play only. Will sell when TOP. Period.

Maybe I am too biased or narrow minded. And maybe I can get a fresh perspective here. It is no secret that there are so many condo launches in JB now – and there will be an oversupply glut in future. Hence, there is a big risk that condo investors have to stomach such as inability to rent out, depressed resale price, rent etc. Moreover, there is competition from the landed investors who may be able to capture tenants easily because they are offering bigger space. My view is that since I will be taking such a huge risk premium, I am going to be very selective in the project I am going to invest in. I don’t want a “10mins drive to CIQ” condo where there could be 10 such projects. I want one with an unique location – such as 5-10mins walking distance to CIQ, CS and Suasana fits the bill. Its not perfect yes, small units and no parking lots and limited facilities but maybe its just me – I feel its location more than make up for these drawbacks. Other condos like Astaka and Sky88 are too deep for my pocket and others like paragon, twin galaxy, sky88 all falls under the “10mins drive to CIQ”” category. Any comment/insight especially from those who have booked suasana? What are your plans/thoughts now?

Depends on the launch price coz now I think there is an oversaturated condo market in JB coming soon. Stiff competition for tenants in the future. Even if I decided to drop Matex in the future, won't buy another unit in any other projects.

KL market is better and with more ready tenant too.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
May drop my B1 unit if same price. 7% too much. And 797sqft is too small for 2 bedrm.

But I still have B4 and C1.

I don’t think the final price will be lower than what was quoted to us. Yes, disappointed too that they reduced 60sqf off B1 because I like the B1 layout. Need to consider too whether to go ahead if price is same

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To have a good judgement, we must treat this strictly like a business deal.

We must make sure we gain something from all this waiting. NSG and UMLand will not lose. There is no way they can lose.

We have to decide and make ourself the winners.

I don’t think the final price will be lower than what was quoted to us. Yes, disappointed too that they reduced 60sqf off B1 because I like the B1 layout. Need to consider too whether to go ahead if price is same

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
To have a good judgement, we must treat this strictly like a business deal.

We must make sure we gain something from all this waiting. NSG and UMLand will not lose. There is no way they can lose.

We have to decide and make ourself the winners.

Well said! Thanks - that was enlightening!

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a pdf file on Matex.

Finalised their name as Suasana.
Finalised layout.
Finalised package detail. (furnishing and some basic electronics)

(my personal projection)
Folks; we are now super close to the "Hungry Ghost Month".
Launch may drag further; however booking may be able to confirm earlier to calm anxious parties whom already place a booking.

Keep posting any news you got from NSG and UMLand.

Any changes to the layout of individual units?
The layout at the time of booking was not so good. Hope they made some improvements

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
shctaw said:
If anyone found a good replacement which is similar to Suasana aka Matex; you should just go ahead.

Please share your finds ..

Some replacement which may or may not yet launch..

SKS Pavilion
MidWest Ave
Astaka
Paragon @ CIQ
Twin Galaxy
WF Tower
Sky 88

(there are at least 3 more in the pipeline without any news yet)

Add in these two as I know:
Marina Bay Suites
Tri Tower

What are the 3 more in the pipeline? Is Vantage bay one of them?

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add in these two as I know:
Marina Bay Suites
Tri Tower

What are the 3 more in the pipeline? Is Vantage bay one of them?

They reduced all unit sizes except for 2 layouts. Which equates to psf increase. What a great way to milk investors!

Vantage bay may be one other alternative.. Any news ppl? Am exploring other options.. Gonna be 8 months of waiting and all without any returns in sight. Imagine the time we put in to research... It's simply a love and hate r'ship...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life and property investment career are both "a learn from experience" process to make ourself better and better.

This is a good experience. And it is how you handle and solve the problem matter most.
How one handle this problem will depend on
1. Financial strength
2. Reason for buying
3. Ability to divert.
4. Fast or slow decision making
5. Information received
6. Timing of exit. (if decide not to buy)

Worst way to handle this problem.
SIT & WAIT

========================================================

The projected price is the reason one should buy early.

Vantage :RM1,500+psf

Lido Blvd :RM1700+psf

Usually the projected price will increase as the project get nearer to date of release.

This strategy is to mentally prepare potential buyers to accept the new price level.

They reduced all unit sizes except for 2 layouts. Which equates to psf increase. What a great way to milk investors!

Vantage bay may be one other alternative.. Any news ppl? Am exploring other options.. Gonna be 8 months of waiting and all without any returns in sight. Imagine the time we put in to research... It's simply a love and hate r'ship...

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have booked, just running a survey. Assuming the quantum price stays intact and that psf has increased due to your unit being downgraded to a smaller size, would you stil go ahead and buy when the developer launch the project? For me, I am undecided as of now. Need to see the offical cards by the developer when the project goes official

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life and property investment career are both "a learn from experience" process to make ourself better and better.

This is a good experience. And it is how you handle and solve the problem matter most.
How one handle this problem will depend on
1. Financial strength
2. Reason for buying
3. Ability to divert.
4. Fast or slow decision making
5. Information received
6. Timing of exit. (if decide not to buy)

Worst way to handle this problem.
SIT & WAIT

========================================================

The projected price is the reason one should buy early.

Vantage :RM1,500+psf

Lido Blvd :RM1700+psf

Usually the projected price will increase as the project get nearer to date of release.

This strategy is to mentally prepare potential buyers to accept the new price level.

hi, can ask where did u get those projected prices ?