• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mass fail: All 25,000 students flunk Liberia uni entrance exam

KingsOfTheDay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And you thought getting into Cambridge was difficult! All 25,000 school leavers in Liberia fail entrance exam to state university

• Students lacked enthusiasm and did not have a basic grasp of English
  • President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf: The education system is 'in a mess'
  • No first-year students when University of Liberia reopens next month
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 21:59 GMT, 27 August 2013 | UPDATED: 22:06 GMT, 27 August 2013

School leavers in Liberia recorded a mass fail mark when they all failed to pass a university entrance exam. Liberia’s education minister said she found it hard to believe that not a single candidate from 25,000 students passed the admission test to the University of Liberia, one of two state-run universities.The students lacked enthusiasm and did not have a basic grasp of English, a university official said. Liberia is recovering from a brutal civil war that ended a decade ago.

article-2403492-1B7D9365000005DC-68_634x325.jpg

University of Liberia: It is the first time every single student who took the entry exam, paying a fee of £16, has failed

President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, a Nobel peace laureate, recently acknowledged that the education system was still “in a mess”, and much needed to be done to improve it.

But this is the first time that every single student who took the exam, paying a fee of $25 (£16), has failed.

article-2403492-0E45F84200000578-507_306x240.jpg

President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia, a Nobel peace laureate, recently acknowledged that the education system was 'in a mess'

It means that the overcrowded university will not have any new first-year students when it reopens next month for the academic year. Education Minister Etmonia David-Tarpeh told the BBC she would meet university officials to discuss the results.'I know there are a lot of weaknesses in the schools but for a whole group of people to take exams and every single one of them to fail, I have my doubts about that,' she said. 'It’s like mass murder. 'These are not just schools that will give people grades. I’d really like to see the results of the students.'