• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Martial Arts] - The Secret to becoming One Punch Man

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

practicalkatabunkai

practicalkatabunkai
Some observations from someone who has trained with Peter extensively and has a fair grasp on the method: I think a minority here need to re-watch the video if they think this is a “standard punch”. Such a statement is evidence they missed many of the points stated in the video. Firstly, the axis of rotation is on the side of the hip, and not central as it is with most standard punching. Secondly, the kinetic chain is different in that the hip goes before the arm, and not at the same time as happens with most standard punching. If we look at basic physics, the greater the mass and the greater the velocity, the greater the impact. The link between the hip and arm ensures the most mass in motion at impact, and the greatest acceleration, hence the greatest force. There are a few other nuances too, but those are the key ones a few people seem to have overlooked. All these points are clearly made in the video, so I’m not sure why they are being overlooked. This method is markedly different from what is taught as standard … as those who have trained first-hand with Peter can attest. It should be obvious, but I’ll make the statement any way … watching a YouTube video of someone getting hit is not the same as getting hit :-) I’ve witnessed several hundred people get hit by Peter over the years. 100% of those people would agree with Rokas that being on the receiving end of those shots is a “road to Damascus” moment where they realise there is a whole new level of “hard” they were previously unaware of. I made the decision to become a student of Peter’s the first time he hit me. Just as Peter did when Shigeru Kimura (developer of the method) hit him. Peter is also clear at the start that what is shown is a demonstration of the basics. The method can be used in explosive, free flowing combinations with fast and overlapping transitions. Again, this is something that all students of Peter know first-hand. Our training group consists of boxers, kick boxers, thai-boxers jujutsuka, karateka, MMA practitioners, etc. We all find the method to be highly applicable. I hope this post is of some use and I’m sure other people with first-hand experience of the method will also help correct misunderstandings. For those who do feel this is “standard punch” and hence a method they are already familiar with, I would suggest re-watching the video with an open and attentive mind. All the best, Iain