• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Married at 18, became mum at 19 and is owner of three companies at 28

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://youthphoria.stomp.com.sg/you...-at-18-became-mum-at-19-and-is-owner-of-three

main_0.jpg

Lisa Twang
​The New Paper
Monday, Nov 16, 2015

She's only 28, but Ms Karine Estelle Cheong is the owner of three companies. But her path to success was initially rocky.

Married at 18, she had her first child at 19 while studying for a diploma in marketing and public relations at Thames Business School here.

"It was really tough back then as we got married while I was still in school and I was so immature," Ms Cheong said.

"Because we were both students, we had to work part-time to save money for our child. I would go to school in the morning and give private tuition and teach at tuition centres at night while still pregnant."

Still, Ms Cheong recalls that period as one of the happiest times in her life.

"That Christmas, my husband gave me a simple card written with very touching words, telling me he would work hard to provide for our child. It made me happier than any other gift."

Ms Cheong said they struggled in the beginning as they were "very poor", but are now happy.

She and her marketing manager husband, Mr Ang Junming, 34, have two children, daughter Raeann, nine, and son Jaedon, six. "At a stage when my peers are starting to marry and have children, I can now relax," she said.

Ms Cheong owns three companies, including Singapore's first halal-certified skincare brand, Klarity.

Although she is not Muslim, Ms Cheong, who is a Christian, believes that halal skincare is for everyone because it is ethically produced. "Halal products do not involve animal testing and there are strict rules against ingredients with animal origins. Instead, they use botanical ingredients."

Officially launched a year and a half ago, Klarity is available here, in China and in Myanmar, and has been featured in magazines such as Cleo and Singapore Women's Weekly.

Ms Cheong wants to inspire married women to step out of their comfort zones and do more for society.

"I'm very encouraged by past beauty queens I've met through Mrs Singapore World, as they are people with good hearts."

36686747%20-%2014_11_2015%20-%20ltworld.jpg

11371014_1101416213232325_1167834992_n.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
malay people married at 14 everybody complain.
by 40, her children are adults, and both the couple can travel the world and do their own things, while her friends are just getting started and are stuck bringing up their kids. getting married early and having say two children is the optimum.
malays are not racists and will buy any products with halal label manufactured by anyone. unlike chinese who only employ mandarin speakers.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
by 40, her children are adults, and both the couple can travel the world and do their own things, while her friends are just getting started and are stuck bringing up their kids. getting married early and having say two children is the optimum.
malays are not racists and will buy any products with halal label manufactured by anyone. unlike chinese who only employ mandarin speakers.

You must be a malay Muslim fucktard. Every Friday you go to mosque to suck Allah's dick.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

But but..... the girl gets married at 14, gives birth at 15, become fat at 16 and the rest is history

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aya pretty and good looking people sure can succeed, if she was a 80kg fat pig, by now still will be a big failure in life.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

U must be a useless muslims malays hantu

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The moral of the story : to fuck and give birth when you are a teenager
.. . The formula of success.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aya pretty and good looking people sure can succeed, if she was a 80kg fat pig, by now still will be a big failure in life.

Ho Ching is an example where beauty is not important to success. Heard that she is also arrogant. Yet she is a successful businesswoman running Temasek.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ho Ching is an example where beauty is not important to success. Heard that she is also arrogant. Yet she is a successful businesswoman running Temasek.

She runs Temasek very well too. She's better than Warren Buffet.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her success has nothing to do with her marrying young and having babies early.

She is destined for success.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She runs Temasek very well too. She's better than Warren Buffet.

Many of the things that go on in Temasek is secret. We have seen that self checking does not work outside of private family businesses.

So I think it is a case of how much funny business is going on inside Temasek & not whether corruption exists.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
clearly people's standards of success are very low nowadays.3 companies and one of them is selling skincare products,beauty products salespeople are a dime a dozen nowadays and a pain in the neck.no mention of what the other two are,u can bet they are insignificant.i bet none of her "companies" has even achieved 100k in sales let alone profit.

pandering to the "halal" crowd is a sign of desperation,that u need every little support u can to succeed.then again in the bullshit world of beauty care,u have to be everything from halal to gluten free to organic to all natural to 100 percent avocada to genuine m&d from the swamps of elbonia.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
clearly people's standards of success are very low nowadays.3 companies and one of them is selling skincare products,beauty products salespeople are a dime a dozen nowadays and a pain in the neck.no mention of what the other two are,u can bet they are insignificant.i bet none of her "companies" has even achieved 100k in sales let alone profit.

pandering to the "halal" crowd is a sign of desperation,that u need every little support u can to succeed.then again in the bullshit world of beauty care,u have to be everything from halal to gluten free to organic to all natural to 100 percent avocada to genuine m&d from the swamps of elbonia.

you sounded sinkiely jealous.

the fact is that she is earning the money and you are here typing away.