• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Mark Suckerberg Shuts Oppie Lim Tean's Fb For Spewing Fake News About Zikapore's Budget 2018!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lim-tean.png

The Facebook account of popular and outspoken opposition politician Mr Lim Tean appears to have been killed off by Facebook early today, coincidentally as his anti-budget 2018 speech video went viral around Singapore.

In response to TOC's query, Lim Tean who is also a lawyer, informed that his page had been working just fine, he had posted a Chinese New Year greeting on Sunday and had been checking in regularly with no issue.

Then yesterday he posted again. This time it was a 14 minute video of a speech he made about the 2018 budget. His video can be seen as anti-government as he slammed the budget's lack of innovation success and derided them for not doing more for seniors.

Lim Tean said that by late last night the video had gone viral across Singapore with over 1000 shares and tens of thousands of views.

However, this morning when trying to log in he received a message from FaceBook informing him he needed to do a "security check" before he could gain access to his account and this was to be done by sending a security code via sms.

However, no security code was sent after a few minutes and so he tried the secondary number he has logged with Facebook. Likewise no new code arrived.

He then discovered that no-one can access his private page or public page at all, even if they are a FB friend of his or a follower.

Lim explains that he was then advised by a friend to try changing the password and using the email option as the security check. This allowed him to change his password via an email security code but once again an sms code was asked for when accessing the account.

As many FB users are aware there is no live help centre, only pre-written page helps and so it appears for now Lim Tean has effectively been killed off by Facebook.

There is a chance it could be pure coincidence but Lim Tean questions the timing and why there was no interference with his previous CNY greetings post.

When TOC asked Lim Tean what his plans are now he replied "The video is available on my YouTube channel "Tean Lim" and my supporters are posting on their FB pages the link to that. I am not the type of person to be silenced so easily. New FB pages can be made easily enough, and actually I am galvanised by this situation. My message in that video really resonated with my fellow Singaporeans, and whoever or whatever caused the video and my pages to vanish must be feeling very weak not to be able to stand the strength of a voice which speaks to the people".

Whether the issue is a purely co-incidental technical issue or whether there really are other forces in operation will remain unknown.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...-posting-negative-response-about-budget-2018/

AntonKiasi

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN already tell you don't talk bad about the government. You scold the government "jiak sai" they also ban you

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie gov agencies inviting all techies in sillycon valley to pow wow at faecesbook campus. fb hq, 1 hacker way, menlo park. saturday, march 17. 11:30am to 4pm. sinkie lunch provided (expect hungry ghost crowds especially sinkie aunties bringing extra tupperware containers to tarpow). execs from grab, redmart, singtel, govtech sg and faecesbook will talk cock sing song about opportunities and growth in sg. now you know both sg gov and fb are like hand in glove.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie gov agencies inviting all techies in sillycon valley to pow wow at faecesbook campus. fb hq, 1 hacker way, menlo park. saturday, march 17. 11:30am to 4pm. sinkie lunch provided (expect hungry ghost crowds especially sinkie aunties bringing extra tupperware containers to tarpow). execs from grab, redmart, singtel, govtech sg and faecesbook will talk cock sing song about opportunities and growth in sg. now you know both sg gov and fb are like hand in glove.

Are you gonna be there?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Facebook account of popular and outspoken opposition politician Mr Lim Tean appears to have been killed off by Facebook early today, coincidentally as his anti-budget 2018 speech video went viral around Singapore.

In response to TOC's query, Lim Tean who is also a lawyer, informed that his page had been working just fine, he had posted a Chinese New Year greeting on Sunday and had been checking in regularly with no issue.

Then yesterday he posted again. This time it was a 14 minute video of a speech he made about the 2018 budget. His video can be seen as anti-government as he slammed the budget's lack of innovation success and derided them for not doing more for seniors.

Lim Tean said that by late last night the video had gone viral across Singapore with over 1000 shares and tens of thousands of views.

However, this morning when trying to log in he received a message from FaceBook informing him he needed to do a "security check" before he could gain access to his account and this was to be done by sending a security code via sms.

However, no security code was sent after a few minutes and so he tried the secondary number he has logged with Facebook. Likewise no new code arrived.

He then discovered that no-one can access his private page or public page at all, even if they are a FB friend of his or a follower.

Lim explains that he was then advised by a friend to try changing the password and using the email option as the security check. This allowed him to change his password via an email security code but once again an sms code was asked for when accessing the account.

As many FB users are aware there is no live help centre, only pre-written page helps and so it appears for now Lim Tean has effectively been killed off by Facebook.

There is a chance it could be pure coincidence but Lim Tean questions the timing and why there was no interference with his previous CNY greetings post.

When TOC asked Lim Tean what his plans are now he replied "The video is available on my YouTube channel "Tean Lim" and my supporters are posting on their FB pages the link to that. I am not the type of person to be silenced so easily. New FB pages can be made easily enough, and actually I am galvanised by this situation. My message in that video really resonated with my fellow Singaporeans, and whoever or whatever caused the video and my pages to vanish must be feeling very weak not to be able to stand the strength of a voice which speaks to the people".

Whether the issue is a purely co-incidental technical issue or whether there really are other forces in operation will remain unknown.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...-posting-negative-response-about-budget-2018/

If everyone in Singapore could speak English the way he does the country would be transformed from a shithole to a jewel.