• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many rich sinki feel burnout de woh, are u?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore’s rich the most unhappy in Asia with work-life balance: Survey​

aisgunhappy021123.jpg

Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million in Singapore find themselves happy with their work-life balance. ST PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI
UPDATED

3 HOURS AGO

FacebookWhatsApp

Singapore’s wealthy are the least satisfied with their current work-life balance when compared with their peers in other parts of Asia Pacific, according to a survey from a Geneva-based private bank.
Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million (S$1.37 million) in Singapore find themselves happy with their work-life balance, the lowest among high net-worth individuals in the region surveyed by Switzerland’s Banque Lombard Odier & Cie.
Thailand topped the ranking with 72.7 per cent, followed by Australia, the study published on Thursday showed.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The city-state’s cohort of unsatisfied millionaires can be partially explained by the amount of time spent at work, with 26 per cent of Singaporeans responding that they often work overtime, according to report. The nation has the longest working hours per week, 45, across 10 places in Asia Pacific, according to research by London-based flexible workspace company The Instant Group.

Still, there is a perception that the younger generation will move away from the “work is life/life is work” mentality amid Asia’s looming massive wealth transfer, according to the Lombard Odier report.

The bank questioned more than 460 high-net-worth individuals in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, Taiwan and Australia between May and June. BLOOMBERG

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many cheong cheong cheong to fulfill their huat big big landed property dreams, braving high interest rate and geopolitical uncertainty

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

aisgunhappy021123.jpg

Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million in Singapore find themselves happy with their work-life balance. ST PHOTO: LIM YAOHUI
UPDATED

3 HOURS AGO

FacebookWhatsApp

Singapore’s wealthy are the least satisfied with their current work-life balance when compared with their peers in other parts of Asia Pacific, according to a survey from a Geneva-based private bank.
Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million (S$1.37 million) in Singapore find themselves happy with their work-life balance, the lowest among high net-worth individuals in the region surveyed by Switzerland’s Banque Lombard Odier & Cie.
Thailand topped the ranking with 72.7 per cent, followed by Australia, the study published on Thursday showed.

Only a million??? That's nothing to write home about! :rolleyes:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a million??? That's nothing to write home about! :rolleyes:
Sinki all million-air, one HDBee Pigeon Hole already 1million liao...it is not surprising when we throw a stone in MRT / bus, u can hit a million-air de

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not considered rich because the rich do not work for money.
Cannot say like that....banks haven't fully milked them dry dry mah...must give them motivation to service million dollar property mortgage at 7%, keyi mah?

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore’s wealthy are the least satisfied with their current work-life balance when compared with their peers in other parts of Asia Pacific, according to a survey from a Geneva-based private bank. Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million (S$1.37 million) in Singapore find themselves happy with their work-life balance, the lowest among high net-worth individuals in the region surveyed by Switzerland’s Banque Lombard Odier & Cie.
Sinkies have a reputation of being overly envious of the wealthy who own private homes and cars without realising the amount of blood, sweat and tears that are behind the money they make from their hard work. No pain, no gain.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinki all million-air, one HDBee Pigeon Hole already 1million liao...it is not surprising when we throw a stone in MRT / bus, u can hit a million-air de
The definition of a millionaire is a person with an investable wealth of more than S$1 million in Singapore i.e. liquid funds and not in assets like property.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only 30 per cent of people with an investable wealth of more than $1 million (S$1.37 million) in

Singapore’s wealthy are the least satisfied with their current work-life balance when compared with their peers in other parts of Asia Pacific,
Having a investible amt of 1.37 mil is wealthy in sg?
I have this amt but I don't find myself wealthy AT ALL.
This is the reason why the % is low becos they did a wrong pool of sinkie.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

aisgunhappy021123.jpg

UPDATED

3 HOURS AGO

FacebookWhatsApp

Being greedy 100% cannot make you happy. Conversely, all that cheating, lying, scamming in work and business carry a heavy psychological costs almost like PTSD.
Guilt consumes you and after you're dead, there will be judgement day to answer for it all.
@JohnTan will pay for it probably by being sodomised for eternity

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I just checked my POSB savings account. I have $2,376.73 in investable wealth. And I am happy. Because that makes me richer than all my friends.:biggrin:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a investible amt of 1.37 mil is wealthy in sg?
I have this amt but I don't find myself wealthy AT ALL.
This is the reason why the % is low becos they did a wrong pool of sinkie.
Because it is in SgD , and only available option is SG market mah

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just checked my POSB savings account. I have $2,376.73 in investable wealth. And I am happy. Because that makes me richer than all my friends.:biggrin:
Boss, In SGD or Euro or USD or BTC?

If u have 2.4m since 2017, it only mean you are losing more than 40% of your wealth

Landed Property in Sembawang is 2m
Gheyla Cheekon rice is 150/1/1

Landed Property in Sembawang is 4m
Gheyland Cheekon Rice is 200/1/1

Assume Bro Glockman buy the landed property in 2017 at 2m, he now should have 400k in saving and 1 private property worth 4m.

Last edited: