• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Many Pappys don't like OngYK..not Team player.

jw5

Loyal
OYK appreciates the Singapore cultural and religious mosiac. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

6 d ·
Panguni Uthiram is an annual Hindu festival during the last month of the Tamil calendar, Panguni.
Every year, the Sri Balasubramaniar Temple (or Holy Tree as it is called here) at Sembawang marks the day with a major celebration, with many devotees carrying the Kavadi to fulfil their vows to Lord Murugan.
This morning, together with Dr Lim Wee Kiak and volunteers, we joined the celebration at the temple. This year, Panguni Uthiram falls within the month of Ramadan, and just before Good Friday weekend, which makes me truly appreciate the Singapore cultural and religious mosiac.

jw5

Loyal
OYK wishes all his Christian friends a blessed Good Friday and Easter Sunday! :smile:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
I like this quiet, serene picture of East Canberra in Sembawang GRC, which I use for doorknob hangers on my home visits.
Here's wishing all our Christian friends a blessed Good Friday and Easter Sunday!

434656193_955379802610760_8416979221406316935_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK fell off his seat. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Ong Ye Kung is with Desmond Tan 陈国明.​

3 d ·
Joined MOS Desmond Tan 陈国明
at the inaugural Singapore Indoor Rowing Championships. There were participants of all ages. I learnt rowing recently so participated in a 500m race. In my excitement, I fell off my seat halfway during the race!
The great thing about sport is having a community of like-minded people to be around. Congrats to Singapore Rowing Association on a successful inaugural event!

434705835_956213869194020_8274653067031981974_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK enjoys sipping coffee, listening to music and doing nothing. :rolleyes::x3::roflmao:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Sip coffee. Listen to music. Do nothing else. Help me relax and stay calm. What works for you?

jw5

Loyal
OYK met many volunteers. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Met many volunteers at the launch of the national volunteer programme for our seniors yesterday. We call them the Silver Guardians.
Agency for Integrated Care - AIC Singapore have recruited about 400 Silver Guardians at our Active Ageing Centres (AACs). They befriend seniors, organise and facilitate activities such as exercise programmes, music, art and craft and training sessions.
Through volunteerism, seniors can continue to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around them, and remain active, healthy and socially connected.
That is why we have now made it a national programme. AIC aims to recruit, train and match about 2,400 Silver Guardians by 2028.
I hope many will consider signing up. Take the first step here: https://form.gov.sg/643cc100bd3dca0012d4dc31

jw5

Loyal
OYK is doing more. :rolleyes::redface::tongue:

Ong Ye Kung

3 d ·
We are doing more to better anchor care outside of hospitals, in the community.
This is why we have built more Transitional Care Facilities (TCF) for public hospital patients who are stable, and just need time to recover to be discharged for long-term care arrangements.
Work is now underway for our sixth TCF at Upper Changi Road North, called TCF@East. Retrofitting works are expected to start from June and will be completed by January 2025.
When it is up, TCF@East will have 200 beds, to help relieve some of the workload for Changi General Hospital.

435901832_960296038785803_4076212857329401268_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK will miss Yeng Kit's adviCe. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
The Public Service Division just announced that Permanent Secretary for Health Mr Chan Yeng Kit will leave Ministry of Health, Singapore from 15 July 2024. He will be seconded to SPH Media as its CEO.
Yeng Kit has been a close colleague, and I wanted to pen this post to put on record his contributions to MOH and for his immense help to me.
He was posted from MINDEF to MOH in December 2019. A month later, the COVID-19 pandemic struck. Yeng Kit sometimes quipped that he might have been a jinx for the ministry. I like to think that his posting was prescient, and he came to MOH where he was most needed.
Yeng Kit led the MOH team to do a lot of quiet work in the background, which I won’t elaborate. But it is an immense workload of planning, execution, data collection to understand the situation, etc. He does not say much at meetings because his contribution is in the background, without which the Multi-Ministry Taskforce could not function.
I turned to Yeng Kit and his team again, when we needed to tackle the challenge of an ageing population. We knew we needed a fairly fundamental transformation of our healthcare system to prepare us for the future.
So while fighting a pandemic, the MOH team under Yeng Kit’s charge embarked on several key national initiatives, such as Healthier SG and the ramping up of healthcare manpower.
We are keenly aware that a good healthcare system is fundamentally about the skills and passion of our doctors, nurses and healthcare workers. We put in place many measures to attract, develop and retain talent in the sector, including the introduction of the ANGEL scheme, salary guidelines for the community care sector, and taking a strong stance against abuse and harassment of healthcare workers.
At a personal level, I am deeply appreciative of Yeng Kit’s stewardship of the ministry. He is always calm and level-headed, and offers insights and practical solutions that only years of experience can bring.
Yeng Kit will move on to his next challenge, at SPH Media. It is a different challenge, but one which I believe his innate qualities and years of experience in public service will bring to bear.
Thank you and all the best, Yeng Kit. The MOH family will miss you.
May be an image of 3 people

jw5

Loyal
OYK wished all Muslim friends a blessed Eid filled with peace, happiness and Barakah. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
After my visit to Assyafaah Mosque, I met many congregants on my way to Masjid Petempatan Melayu Sembawang.
Happy to meet neighbours coming together for the morning prayers.
I wish all Muslim friends a blessed Eid filled with peace, happiness and Barakah.

jw5

Loyal
OYK was honoured to represent the Singapore Government at the Hari Raya Open House hosted by His Royal Highness the Regent of Johor HRH Crown Prince of Johor. :cool:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Earlier today, Minister Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达 and I were honoured to represent the Singapore Government at the Hari Raya Open House hosted by His Royal Highness the Regent of Johor HRH Crown Prince of Johor.
Despite having just returned from Kuala Lumpur, His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim, King of Malaysia, popped by to say hello. We conveyed Hari Raya greetings to His Majesty and Her Majesty Raja Zarith Sofiah, Queen of Malaysia.
This is an annual tradition – where Singapore Ministers participate in the Hari Raya celebrations hosted by the Johor royal family. It is also an occasion when we reaffirm the warm and friendly ties between Singapore and Johor.
I would like to thank His Royal Highness and the royal family for their generous hospitality. Singapore values our ties with our Johorean friends. We will continue to work on various projects, such as the Johor-Singapore Special Economic Zone, that are beneficial to both sides, and further strengthen the people-to-people and economic ties between us.
Wishing all Muslims on both sides of the Causeway, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

Singapore ministers attend Johor royal family’s Hari Raya Open House​

HZJOHOR100424.jpg

Transport Minister Chee Hong Tat (second from left) and Health Minister Ong Ye Kung (third from right) with the Regent of Johor Tunku Ismail (third from left) at the Istana Bukit Serene. PHOTO: ONG YE KUNG/FACEBOOK
kolette.png

Kolette Lim
UPDATED

APR 10, 2024, 09:22 PM

FacebookTelegram

SINGAPORE - Two Cabinet ministers continued an annual tradition when they attended the Johor royal family’s Hari Raya Open House on April 10.
During their visit, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung and Transport Minister Chee Hong Tat were hosted to lunch by the Regent of Johor Tunku Ismail at Istana Bukit Serene.
Over lunch, Tunku Ismail and the ministers reaffirmed the strong and historic ties between Singapore and Johor, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an April 10 statement.

The ministers also conveyed their Hari Raya greetings to the Malaysian King, Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar, and Queen Raja Zarith Sofiah.
The visit reflects the enduring relations between Singapore and Johor, added the statement.
In a Facebook post on April 10, Mr Ong thanked the royal family for its hospitality.

He said: “Singapore values our ties with our Johorean friends. We will continue to work on various projects, such as the Johor-Singapore Special Economic Zone, that are beneficial to both sides, and further strengthen the people-to-people and economic ties between us.”

The annual tradition of visiting the Johor royals for Hari Raya resumed in 2023 after a three-year break due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

jw5

Loyal
OYK pays tribute to PM Lee. :redface::x3::geek:

Ong Ye Kung

5 h ·
Managed to dig up this photo from my collection. It was taken just before then-DPM Lee got sworn in as PM Lee. I was his Principal Private Secretary then. Before that, I served as his press secretary for a few years.
As my boss for several years, I learnt a lot from PM Lee by observing how he handles things and conducts meetings.
He also took time to teach me. Due to my Chinese language background, I could not write well in English then. It was a problem when you are PPS to the PM. PM Lee told me this was an area I needed to work on. On numerous occasions, he dictated how he would have made an announcement - with background, rationale and then the change - all in a few succinct sentences.
That was a major ‘SkillsFuture moment’ for me. It is probably the skill that I most frequently use as a Minister.
Personal improvement aside, I am deeply thankful for the changes PM Lee has brought to the Singapore society.
From day one as PM, he spoke about an inclusive Singapore. It would not have been possible without the foundation of meritocracy, an economy that presents many opportunities, and a strong education system.
During the past 20 years, we saw the strengthening of social safety nets, like ComCare, policies to better support ageing, like Pioneer and Merdeka Generation Packages, and a transformation of the education scene, including the evolution of the secondary school streaming system into Subject-Based Banding.
Inclusivity has been the cornerstone of many of PM Lee’s domestic policies. It brings optimism and hope to many. This is ongoing work, that future generations will need to continue to build upon.
May be an image of 2 people and text

jw5

Loyal
OYK thanks all. :smile:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Ground broke for the Eastern General Hospital (EGH) Campus this morning. It is next to the Bedok North MRT station.
When fully opened around 2029 to 2030, it will have about 1,400 beds and a full range of medical services.
Because of its embrace of digital technology, EGH will be the first general hospital to deliver services before the completion of its physical premises.
Its healthcare workers will be nested at SingHealth hospitals such as Changi General Hospital (CGH) and deliver care to patients in their homes with the aid of tele-consult and remote monitoring. It will be part of the SingHealth@Home service, which is a virtual ward jointly run by the hospitals and EGH staff.
A big thanks to all who worked hard to bring EGH to this point.
Photos by SingHealth