• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manpower Minister: Don Blame FTs

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Productivity decline in 2007 not due to influx of foreign workers
By Satish Cheney, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 25 August 2008 1720 hrs

phpz0UbOm.jpg

Mr Gan Kim Yong

SINGAPORE : Acting Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong on Monday said that the decline in productivity in 2007 was partly due to the record employment growth of 234,900 jobs - and not due to an influx of foreign workers.

He said that with strong employment figures, productivity growth typically tends to be lower as output growth fails to keep pace with the increase in manpower.

He was responding to questions brought up in Parliament by MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh Josephine Teo and Non-Constituency MP Sylvia Lim on the impact of low-wage foreign workers here.

Mr Gan said: "It will be simplistic to conclude that the weaker productivity performance was due to the increased presence of foreign workers.

"In fact, our flexible and responsive foreign manpower policies enable companies to capitalise quickly on growth opportunities in Singapore and expand to create even more jobs, including jobs for locals." - CNA/ms

I dont understand.

He say -- Record Employment Growth = Lower Productivity

He also say -- Influx of Foreign Workers not responsible for lower productivity

BUT

Influx of Foreign Workers = Employment Growth what!!!!

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont understand.

BUT

Ask him show the maths loh.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal

phpz0UbOm.jpg

Mr Gan Kim Yong

SINGAPORE : Acting Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong on Monday said that the decline in productivity in 2007 was partly due to the record employment growth of 234,900 jobs - and not due to an influx of foreign workers.

He said that with strong employment figures, productivity growth typically tends to be lower as output growth fails to keep pace with the increase in manpower.

He was responding to questions brought up in Parliament by MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh Josephine Teo and Non-Constituency MP Sylvia Lim on the impact of low-wage foreign workers here.

Mr Gan said: "It will be simplistic to conclude that the weaker productivity performance was due to the increased presence of foreign workers.

"In fact, our flexible and responsive foreign manpower policies enable companies to capitalise quickly on growth opportunities in Singapore and expand to create even more jobs, including jobs for locals." - CNA/ms

I dont understand.

BUT

lum par = par lum

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont understand.

BUT

I wonder if he knows what is he talking....... Some reportors should question him hard on facs and figures, and see what he reply. Afterall, he is paid millions.... to answer questions and talk the shit for the LEE family

hummingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think the gov is fully aware of FT "problem" vying for any jobs in Spore. Everynow and then they tried to convince you it is not due to "FT" that Sporean are being edged out of employment.

They tell u how many % of job was created -- in construction sector .. who's working in construction sector. Next service sector -- lots of filipino and china are filling up these jobs .. where are Sporean?

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think the gov is fully aware of FT "problem" vying for any jobs in Spore. Everynow and then they tried to convince you it is not due to "FT" that Sporean are being edged out of employment.

They tell u how many % of job was created -- in construction sector .. who's working in construction sector. Next service sector -- lots of filipino and china are filling up these jobs .. where are Sporean?

we can see for ourselves how many jobs are taken up by all these FT...

step into any outlets.....there will surely be a FT ....

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some idiot once tried hopelessly to explain that Mindef identifies whitehorse NS men so that they will not be treated favourably.
No prize for guessing who this idiot is.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
To maintain productivity, it would mean foreign workers are already highly trained and productive when they arrive. I presume he meant these workers were already highly trained and productive the minute they left the villages?

If it is a fact that productivity drop is not due to the foreign influx, that means our local workforce has dropped in productivity. Then WTF has retraining, continuing education highly boasted by MOM achieved?

Either way, they're not worth the millions they're paid.:mad:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if he knows what is he talking....... Some reportors should question him hard on facs and figures, and see what he reply. Afterall, he is paid millions.... to answer questions and talk the shit for the LEE family

Can we have FT ministers. With that kind of pay we can get the top from all over the world.

What are we waiting for? Vote for opposition and convince 2 more to do likewise.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well if only we have FT ministers that will replace him. wat will he say then? :biggrin:

You right. Why the reporter never ask the question. What will he feel if he replace by FT? The answer will be different.
You should be a reporter will be better that all of them.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You right. Why the reporter never ask the question. What will he feel if he replace by FT? The answer will be different.
You should be a reporter will be better that all of them.

Hahahha, I like to see his face when asked, what if a FT takes over him as a minister.

And like to know what he will answer.