• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2019 - 2020

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would Leicester want to weaken itself by signing that dancing clown? :roflmao:

Wolves will see CL action before Man U. :cool:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_110527437_mirror.jpg

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgone conclusion at Anfield on sunday? Scousers runaway champs
Marcus Rashford should not be risked. OGS should know that beating Liverpool is difficult at home ground. Let him recover his back injury and keep him fresh for the weekday game against Burnley.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd allocate £280m to bring in incredible trio
Wednesday 12th February 2020 8:28
James Maddison, Jack Grealish TEAMtalk

Manchester United are ready to invest heavily in their squad this summer with three big-name stars in their sights,
while Chelsea are ready to re-sign a former winger, according to Wednesday’s Paper Talk.

MAN UTD PLAN TO SIGN MADDISON, GREALISH AND SANCHO THIS SUMMER
Manchester United have allocated an enormous budget this summer to invest in their playing squad – with three big-name stars very much at the top of their wanted list.

According to The Sun, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to snap up both Jack Grealish and James Maddison in a sensational double raid.
The report claims the midfielders are close pals off the field and hopes they can bring their chemistry to Old Trafford next season and help the club embark on a concerted push for Premier League title glory.

It’s claimed United plan to finance the moves – both expected to cost £80m apiece – by offloading the unhappy Paul Pogba this summer and even hope to raise the entire £160m with his sale. Realistically, however, United expect Pogba to leave for nearer the £120m mark given his inactivity this season due to a persistent ankle injury, but still want the windfall to help them with their squad rebuild.

News of their interest in the pair comes amid increasing speculation that Grealish has been made their No 1 target this summer. Their interest in Maddison was thought to have cooled amid claims he is in talks over a new deal with Leicester.
However, any new deal he earns at Leicester would be dwarfed by the wages on offer at Old Trafford.

And a move for the pair is being backed by under-fire executive vice- chairman Ed Woodward who said: “As part of the rebuild we see this summer as an important opportunity.”

United, meanwhile, are also determined to beat Chelsea to the signing of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho – but might have to spend £120m to secure his services.

That’s according to the Daily Mirror, who claims the England man remains very much on their transfer radar and see him as key to their return to the top.

And while the teenager is likely to command a world-record fee, it’s reported Woodward knows he would be a worthwhile investment with the Borussia Dortmund star seen as a future Ballon d’Or contender.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The blue side of Manchester
Manchester City expelled from Champions League for two
Sergii Fedko
UEFA's official website reports that the Trial Chamber of the financial supervisory authority has notified Manchester City
that the club will be punished for violating financial fair play.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The blue side of Manchester
Sergii Fedko
UEFA's official website reports that the Trial Chamber of the financial supervisory authority has notified Manchester City
that the club will be punished for violating financial fair play.
Thread is for Manchester United. Give them some respect lah.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man City saw it coming. No one is surprised that they were banned.

On a red note if Ole fails to take us to the top 4, he's out of Old Trafford. The only reason he's still on the hot seat is becuz of the backing of some directors led by none other than Sir Alex Ferguson.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Man City saw it coming. No one is surprised that they were banned.

On a red note if Ole fails to take us to the top 4, he's out of Old Trafford. The only reason he's still on the hot seat is becuz of the backing of some directors led by none other than Sir Alex Ferguson.

Are you sure? I thought I read that SAF does not approve of OGS.

Anyway I like OGS and will back him. I like that he wins big games to lift spirits but loses the majority of matches against mid table and bottom table clubs.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway I like OGS and will back him. I like that he wins big games to lift spirits but loses the majority of matches against mid table and bottom table clubs.
To be succinct, OGS's honeymoon period after toxic JM's exit was over. Granted, he was a 'feel good' for team's morale and better still with initial wins.

He may have done well ('super sub') as a player, and a nice guy. But the demands of EPL needs a better stature, rather than being bankrupt of ideas.

Sure, it's also vital the players do their part on the pitch. Moot question, are we missing Pogba? The new Bruno F did good early this morning, assisting in 1 goal

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
To be succinct, OGS's honeymoon period after toxic JM's exit was over. Granted, he was a 'feel good' for team's morale and better still with initial wins.

He may have done well ('super sub') as a player, and a nice guy. But the demands of EPL needs a better stature, rather than being bankrupt of ideas.

Sure, it's also vital the players do their part on the pitch. Moot question, are we missing Pogba? The new Bruno F did good early this morning, assisting in 1 goal

For big clubs you need to hire managers who have won before and have a track record. Yes you can choose a young manager who has potential and has never managed a top club before and hope it works out but seriously it doesnt work.

Look at Spurs and Pochettino. They are the closest to making it work. Same with Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers. Now Chelsea is trying it with Lampard (doesnt look too good).

Arsenal seemed to have it right with Unai Emery only to fail miserably for some reasons. People are still baffled.

Jurgen Klopp was actually SAF's choice to take over at Old Trafford but Klopp wasnt interested. Scary to think how that would have gone for ManU!

Guardiola will leave City at the end of the season. Managerial wise the EPL will only have one veteran top world class manager in Klopp and a smorgasbord of young managers with potential and inexperience.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

SAF thought highly of OGS as a player who spends his time studying the game b4 coming on as a sub. OGS did consult Fergie on club management after he retired and was told he would be better served by cutting his teeth in a lower league club. Not sure why OGS took the Cardiff job though but he did well back in Norway with Molde.

He was appointed interim manager, a calculated gamble to arrest the problems on and off the field. Phelan, a long time assistant manager to Ferguson was roped in to assist OGS and the rest they say is history.

OGs is a likeable character with the Old Trafford faithfuls. His calm demeanour and disposition was a stark contrast to the fiery Jose and that was exactly what the good doctor prescribed. Given time, I'm sure he'll do well. Winning big games is a sign that the club was on the mend. They just need to work on consistency.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
SAF thought highly of OGS as a player who spends his time studying the game b4 coming on as a sub. OGS did consult Fergie on club management after he retired and was told he would be better served by cutting his teeth in a lower league club. Not sure why OGS took the Cardiff job though but he did well back in Norway with Molde.

He was appointed interim manager, a calculated gamble to arrest the problems on and off the field. Phelan, a long time assistant manager to Ferguson was roped in to assist OGS and the rest they say is history.

OGs is a likeable character with the Old Trafford faithfuls. His calm demeanour and disposition was a stark contrast to the fiery Jose and that was exactly what the good doctor prescribed. Given time, I'm sure he'll do well. Winning big games is a sign that the club was on the mend. They just need to work on consistency.

Yes. I hope OGS stays at Old Trafford for a long time.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd fan invited to Old Trafford after Klopp letter
_110983189_fotojet.jpg

A football-mad schoolboy will visit Old Trafford for the first time after "a novel attempt to derail Liverpool's Premier League campaign".

Daragh Curley wrote to Jurgen Klopp, asking if it would be possible for the team to lose some games so they would not win the league.

The 10-year-old, from County Donegal, was shocked when he received a personal reply from the Liverpool boss.

Manchester United said the club was proud to have fans like Daragh.

"That's brilliant news. The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be great," said Daragh shortly after hearing the news of his visit.

"My friends are going to be really jealous."

In the letter, Daragh, who counts goalkeeper David de Gea and midfielder Bruno Fernandes as his favourite players, wrote: "Liverpool are winning too many games.

"If you win nine more games then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad.

"So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose."
_110989639_kloppletter2-nc.png

Klopp replied, praising Daragh's passion, but explaining Liverpool could not drop points on his behalf.

Liverpool are on course to win the Premier League and have not lost a league fixture so far this season.

p0846x3x.jpg

Media caption10-year-old shocked at Liverpool manager's reply to a letter asking him to lose.
The letter "caught the eye" of bosses at Manchester United, who have invited Daragh and his family to Old Trafford.

"It was a novel attempt to derail Liverpool's Premier League campaign," the spokesperson said.

"We are very proud that we have fans like Daragh supporting us."