• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
the last time villarreal gained a draw @ old trafford......3 years ago......man united did not make it out of the group stages......didn't seem like a good omen......

Please lah, last time Cris Ronaldo was just a greenhorn one-trick pony, but now he's the undisputed No 1 footballer on this planet, 100% Man U will not be knock out at the group stages this time with him in top form.

High till Dry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was listening to a recent interview by Fergie where he was asked to name the 5 most important players to have played under him over his 21 year spell as Man U manager. Well he predictably named 3: Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and Roy Keane but did not name the other 2. who do you think should round off the list? Schmiechel and Giggs perhaps?

maybe has to be his pets. van nisterloy and beckham excluded :biggrin:

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd is in need of a striker/forward.
both Tevez and Rooney, they play more as a winger that a target man.

hope this weekend against Chelsea,they will give the Blues a hard fight.

High till Dry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd is in need of a striker/forward.
both Tevez and Rooney, they play more as a winger that a target man.

hope this weekend against Chelsea,they will give the Blues a hard fight.

berbatov got good chance of coming back.

blues lose, liverpool top of table right? keke

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah, last time Cris Ronaldo was just a greenhorn one-trick pony, but now he's the undisputed No 1 footballer on this planet, 100% Man U will not be knock out at the group stages this time with him in top form.

if hez free from injuries man u probably will qualify from the group stages.....but still can't rely 2 much on him.......i think carlos tevez is another key player......he usually scores in the important games......

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
With problems on and off the field, Sir Alex must be in Red Hot mood rite now. Who's head he is kicking this time?

Sir Alex should be kicking that bloody idiot Keith Hackett's head for rescinding Terry's red card on appeal. That bloody Hackett is well known to be biased towards Chelsea players.:mad:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brian Hughes was right to say that Keith Hackett got it wrong. JT's tackle was blatant, cynical and down right seriously wrong. These sort of tackles should automatically warrant a red card regardless of whether the offender is the last man.

Sir Alex should be kicking that bloody idiot Keith Hackett's head for rescinding Terry's red card on appeal. That bloody Hackett is well known to be biased towards Chelsea players.:mad:

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd got a new shirt sponsor after AIG bailout...

out.php

Chelsea Vs Manchester United
chelseali1.png
Vs
unitedgh2.png

Date & Time: Sun, 21 Sept 2008 @ 9.00 pm

Venue: Stamford Bridge

My Prediction and lineup

FT: 1-1 (HT: 1-0)

line up

---------------Rooney----------------
Park----------Tevez-----------Ronaldo
-------Anderson-------Hargreaves-----
Evra--------Neville------Rio-----Brown
-----------------VDS-----------------

Sub:
Nani, Giggs, Fletcher, Berba attacking options off the bench
Evan, O shea, Kuszczak​

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i think ronaldo will get sub out at 75min, he don't have the fitness to finish a whole game yet. GO GO MAN UTD!!!

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
with C.R. back in action,Man Utd is much lifely in their play.
but the season is still early,Man Utd is better when they are doing the catching-up and chasing others.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i think ronaldo will get sub out at 75min, he don't have the fitness to finish a whole game yet. GO GO MAN UTD!!!

More likely Cris Ronaldo will come on as a impact sub in the 60th min, scoring two goals and bring big phil back down to earth, cursing and swearing at his inept over-paid players.
Prediction: Chelshit 1 Man U 3

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
More likely Cris Ronaldo will come on as a impact sub in the 60th min, scoring two goals and bring big phil back down to earth, cursing and swearing at his inept over-paid players.
Prediction: Chelshit 1 Man U 3

Impact sub, i don't think so leh. Fergie like to put his key-player early on in the game, to gain the upper hand so that he can make more tactical altering to the squad. Higher chance of ronaldo starting and than getting sub out at the last quarter of the 2nd half.

Just hope that rooney suddenly catch fire and everything goes into auto-pilot already.

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
dc didi,
you are fast. thanks for those highlight clips.

wonder where is the No.1 Red Devils,uncle machoman.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall a good exciting match for a neutral fan. Man U were good in the first half but seem to go flat in the second half. Good performances by Rooney and Evra. I think Van der sa is starting to look dodgy and Fergie may need to find a replacement soon.

jw5

Loyal
jonny evans is the young player 2 watch out 4 this season.....the replacement 4 vidic is brilliant against chelsea.....:biggrin:
Jonny Evans is an outstanding young talent.
He reads the game well and is a good user of the ball, more like Ferdinand than Vidic. But I think that Ferdinand needs to play alongside someone like Vidic, i.e. the ball playing and the robust defender teaming up.
Btw, does anyone know whether Man Utd has a Carling cup match this week, and whether it will be telecast live on starhub cable tv?