• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man shown in viral video living at bin centre was offered rental flat but turned it down: HDB, MP

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
jtbincentre201018.jpg

SINGAPORE - A recent video of a man living at a refuse collection centre here has sparked plenty of reaction online, prompting the Housing Board and an MP to step in to quell speculation about his situation.

HDB said the man had been offered a rental flat but turned it down. According to Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Christopher de Souza, this was because he did not want to share the flat with another Singaporean.

The two-minute video posted on Facebook group All Singapore Stuff on Thursday (Oct 18) shows an allegedly homeless man sharing about his plight and his living area at the bin centre in Ghim Moh. The video has received almost 60,000 views and more than 700 shares and 400 comments as of 11am on Saturday.

The middle-aged man, who is not identified in the video but says he is Singaporean, claims to have applied for an HDB rental flat with the help of his MP.

However, he says in the video: "HDB don't want to give me house (sic)."

He then adds that he has been homeless for about two years and is a cleaner working at the bin centre. He also says he has just returned from Indonesia and is suffering from health problems.

More at Man shown in viral video living at bin centre was offered rental flat but turned it down: HDB, MP

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why should HDB give him a house for free? He can continue to stay in that shithole, wait for travelling whore Ginfreely to do her rounds. He will get his turn to fuck the shit out of her .

Can you please cut the "ginfreely" crap it's getting really boring.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In the name of free speech....

Sure just put all you don't like about ginfreely in one thread and in the name of free speech you can say whatever you want. However stop polluting all the threads with your garbage.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the MP. Let's look at this closely.
The rental flat is probably going to cost him $300 a month ( argument sake) + Water, Electric, say $450.
He gets everything for free at the garbage dump so why move.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN some old folks are just stubborn and KNN even want to stay in bin why not find a better and cleaner bin KNN ghim moh one is dark and dirty KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rental flat is probably going to cost him $300 a month ( argument sake) + Water, Electric, say $450.
A astute and shrewed malay guy

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
i might not like pap. But not everything bad is pap fault..this guy chose to live in a garbage bin. It's his choice n pap n society can only do soo much.