• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man rescues runaway pushchair rolling towards traffic after leaving interview - then lands job

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
US: Man rescues runaway pushchair rolling towards traffic after leaving interview - then lands job
www.itv.com

1005_Man_save12s_baby_CNN_Newssource.jpg
Job interviews can be stressful, and job seekers might typically take a moment to breathe a sigh of relief after coming out of one.

But for one Good Samaritan in the US, his breather was cut short when he spotted a runaway pram rolling towards a busy road.

Ron Nessman, who had just exited an interview for an Applebee’s restaurant in California last Monday, was waiting on a bench by a car wash with his sister when he saw a woman in her 60s fall on the concrete while trying to catch the pram.

In dramatic CCTV footage of the rescue, Ron is seen sprinting across the car park and stopping the pushchair from going onto the road where cars can reach speeds of up to 40mph.

The baby boy's great aunt, who fell as she tried to stop the runaway pram, was helped to her feet by another man as Ron walked back towards her with the now-safe buggy. Filled with relief, he gave the baby's great aunt a hug.

"I didn't have time to even think about it, you just react," he told CBS Sacramento.
"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did nothing, I'm just glad I realised it and was on it," he said.

The former lorry driver told reporters that he became homeless after suffering heartbreak when his girlfriend died suddenly in 2018, and had just recently moved to the local area, Hesperia, to reconnect with his family.

1005_Man_saves_baby_CNN1_Newssource.jpg
Ron told reporters he was glad he was in the right place at the right time to save the baby. Credit: KCAL via CNN Newsource

He is now living with his sister after experiencing homelessness for the last eight years.

After the video was viewed by millions online, Ron was offered several jobs - including the position he interviewed for at Applebee's before his heroic rescue.

"I'll earn everything I get so with that in mind, you know, I appreciate the opportunity that Applebee's has given me. It's really cool," he told NBCLA.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed a minimum wage waiter job which include customer tips? He deserves more than that.
Have a job is better than no job.
Many AMDK that I work with has quite high pride in doing jobs and bring food to the table.

Nowadays, many around the world, or even in sinki hardland, we can see a lot people suffering in silence and struggling daily to meet the end. I really salute to their effort and my best wishes for them to overcome current rough patch

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their sandwich class 40-50yrs GenX group are struggling to keep up, their covid, bank failure and job retrenchment keep hitting them since 2022

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their sandwich class 40-50yrs GenX group are struggling to keep up, their covid, bank failure and job retrenchment keep hitting them since 2022
Their rental took away bulk of their salary. They live in their car. They mostly live on canned food. Many wanted to work peak hours for more tips to survive. Depression became a serious problem and when these people have guns, nobody is safe.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their rental took away bulk of their salary. They live in their car. They mostly live on canned food. Many wanted to work peak hours for more tips to survive. Depression became a serious problem and when these people have guns, nobody is safe.
Some amdk or black tempers are very hot.. Not because they are bad people, but they are highly stressed folks constantly massaged by AMDK Gov Good Invisible Hands