• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man handled by Cold storage staff for using their coffee grinder!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Strange free services.

If it is meant as a good will to their customers that may need it, but not at the time of purchase from their store. Who are these customers likely to be?

Why would I, the customer who, do not own a grinding machine buys coffee beans without first grinding it? Why do I want to take the trouble to come back and use that free service? If I am a cheapo or perhaps there are better beans else where, wouldn't it more convinent to grind it on the spot? Lastly, if I am particular about the freshness of the coffee, would I prefer the trouble to go all the way for my daily grind, makes no sense the save the $10~$20 for a grinder?

Surely it is for coffee beans purchase there and then.

Is this a free gimmicks that went wrong?

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if he didn't ask for prior permission, there is no excuse to manhandle him and humiliate him in public. Based on the account, the security guard appeared to be high-handed and gangster-like. Utter lack of professionalism. Imho, Cold Storage has suffered a serious dent to their carefully cultivated image. In business, a disgruntled customer with an axe to grind and a horror story for broadcast is one too many!

sometimes an idiot has to be treated like.an idiot. I support the security guard action.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a grinding machine but it is for beans bought at Cold storage only.
This guy should have bought his beans there then there would be no issue. If he think he has the right to grind his own beans at cold Storage bacuse he happens to be a regular or long time customer, he should have asked for permission before grinding.

Why so intolerant? People contribute here for free. You take taxpayers' monies here and spam. He less cheapskate than you. He get his on coffee and grind. You take money to spam.
Gotcha Kanina PAP IB

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy is a scrounger. He does not deserve any courtesy or consideration whatsoever. All his silly story will do is get greater kudos for Cold Storage. Only retail outlets that take a gentle approach to scroungers will eventually go bust. Just take a look at what happened to Borders. It allowed all the lowest of low lifes to plonk themselves in their bookstores and read books from cover to cover, enjoying the aircon, and without paying a cent. It went bust, and rightly so. Kinokuniya, on the other hand, won't allow this to happen to it.

Sinkie of common breed are low lives that like to complain.

Look at this forum.

Anyway, if this Sinkie GOT BALLS, he can sue.

But that is of course, he didn't read about the case of a 'chow hei' PI who thought that he was manhandled by security staff from a embassy, when he went spying for his client and thought his BALLS and pocket was first BIG and then DEEP so he sued.

Now this 'chow hei' got to pay hefty legal bills instead of geting 'compensation' so he thought.

After he had lost. :biggrin:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i did google and got the same post in HWZ forum, but it doesn't state the writers name or details at all. could be a made up thingy

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You don't need balls. You need money to burn for the legal fees.

Business vs ordinary citizen.... guess which side the kangaroo courts favour?

balls AND MONEY
and im in commiseration with you on so called kangaroo courts

Last edited:

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some may regard this matter as one of wrongful detention by the guard in question, since the mere act of unauthorsed usage of a private facility does not by itself warrant such drastic action as detention by force.

It is unlike theft, for instance, which would warrant an arrest if it indeed occurred. But the guard apparently did not accuse him of that. The guard should have tactfully informed a manager or supervisor about the matter before acting, as dealing directly with customers on such matters is strictly speaking not within their job scope.

If the grinding facility is not intended for use other than for goods purchased from that store, the store should have at least put a courteously-worded sign at the facility to that effect. Or restrict DIY use of the facility, or have a member of the staff in attendance.

Ultimately, it all boils down to good management.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i did google and got the same post in HWZ forum, but it doesn't state the writers name or details at all. could be a made up thingy

Ppl here don't make up news to get attention cos they're aren't attention seeking whore unlike you.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahhaha thank you
but i didn't mean to insinuate that someone here made it up, i know they just got it from some where and reposted it here. my question in english is who did this situation happen to, apart from the security guard whose name is given partly

and yes, i am a media seeking whore for a reason, who uses my real name. so want to scold, have some balls, s go on FLAME ON ANONYMOUSLY, like the pompous ass of a god old man SB

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ppl here don't make up news to get attention cos they're aren't attention seeking whore unlike you.

and are u insinuating that i make up stuff? well that's something to be proven in coming court then

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the grinding facility is not intended for use other than for goods purchased from that store, the store should have at least put a courteously-worded sign at the facility to that effect. Or restrict DIY use of the facility, or have a member of the staff in attendance.

Ultimately, it all boils down to good management.

I didn't even know that Cold Storage even had security guards:eek:

I'm actually surprised at how the security handled the situation. I would expect such treatment from NTUC but not from Cold Storage which is suppose to be better.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
... and yes, i am a media seeking whore for a reason, who uses my real name. ...

If you have your reasons to make known whatever you need to make known, then it would be best for you to simply ignore all the extraneous noise. After all, you can't expect everyone to be understanding.