• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man gets 'shock of his life' after paying $5.40 for cai png with 2 dishes at Paya Lebar Square

Bangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
ricemain_0.jpg

Submitted by Stomper Michael

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

How much would you pay for a packet of rice with one meat dish and one egg dish?
Stomper Michael was shocked when he was charged $5.40 for his economic rice from a stall on the basement level of Paya Lebar Square on July 14.
Michael, who said it was his first time buying from the stall, shared a photo of his meal consisting of rice, minced meat and fried egg.
He told Stomp: "I got the shock of my life as I ordered only two dishes. This is extremely expensive."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...e-gives-man-the-shock-of-his-life#xtor=CS1-10

Another episode in the Cai Png saga again:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop going to food courts at malls you daft Sinkies. You're funding the rent, and not the food.

You're also contributing to the salaries of FT workers in these food courts.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of the cai png stalls are quite sneaky... if the egg omelette or tofu is mixed with meat, it is considered to be a meat item, hence a higher price than vegetables. :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost all cai png stall has a fixed set of dish.
My uncle leecomendation is for them to put up a price tag next to the dish.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost all cai png stall has a fixed set of dish.
My uncle leecomendation is for them to put up a price tag next to the dish.

It also depends on who is serving you and whether that person likes you. It can be the difference between two meatballs or three meatballs. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ricemain_0.jpg

How much would you pay for a packet of rice with one meat dish and one egg dish?
Stomper Michael was shocked when he was charged $5.40 for his economic rice from a stall on the basement level of Paya Lebar Square on July 14.
Michael, who said it was his first time buying from the stall, shared a photo of his meal consisting of rice, minced meat and fried egg.
He told Stomp: "I got the shock of my life as I ordered only two dishes. This is extremely expensive."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...e-gives-man-the-shock-of-his-life#xtor=CS1-10

If the beta doesn't have the balls to just walk away, he deserves to be overcharged for his hawker meal.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop going to food courts at malls you daft Sinkies. You're funding the rent, and not the food.

You're also contributing to the salaries of FT workers in these food courts.
Nowadays so many locals can't afford cai png meal? What happens to our first world country?

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ricemain_0.jpg

you call that food ?:confused:

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Sinkies can't afford to eat at hawker centres please fuck off. We are bringing more highly paid foreigners who would love to eat at the hawker centres without the low SES Sinkies.