• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man fights off tiger attack

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SE Asia
Home > Breaking News > SE Asia > Story
Feb 7, 2010

Man fights off tiger attack

KUALA LUMPUR - A 47-YEAR-OLD tribesman gathering food in a north Malaysian forest fought off a tiger attack armed only with a rock, a newspaper reported on Saturday. The attack in the jungles of Perak state on Saturday left Yok Meneh with a wide and deep gash on his back and injuries to his hands and legs, the Sunday Star newspaper reported. Yok Meneh told the newspaper he had been collecting wild green beans and other vegetables when the tiger attacked him. 'I was so engrossed in collecting petai (green beans) that I did not notice the tiger had crept up behind me,' he said.

'The moment I realised I had to save myself I tried to grab anything I could with my hands. I found a rock, grabbed it and fought back, hitting the tiger on its head again and again until it slunk away.'
'Bedraggled and bleeding,' Yok Meneh was found by his wife, who with the help of workers from a nearby oil palm estate took him to hospital, the newspaper reported. In 2008 Malaysia unveiled an ambitious 'National Tiger Action Plan' aimed at doubling the number of wild tigers in peninsular Malaysia to 1,000 by 2020. -- AFP