• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man charged with stealing tins of baby milk powder

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
All pity the man just base on a few statement. For all we know the guy was given money by wife to buy milk powder and gamble it away. He stole out of desperation.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shop N Save is intended for people, like myself, who are of very humble means. I go and shop there for groceries because the prices are cheaper than Cold Storage. I am therefore disappointed that someone will go and shoplift in one of the outlets. This kind of behaviour will inevitably compel Shop N Save to raise its prices so as to offset losses from shoplifting and thus severely impacting people of humble means like myself.:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time is so bad nowadays...:eek::*:

INGAPORE: A 31-year-old man has been charged with stealing five tins of baby milk powder worth about S$300.

Melvin Teo Tze Min allegedly stole the milk powder at about 6.30pm on October 8 at a Shop N Save outlet in Sembawang Drive.

If convicted, he can be jailed up to seven years and fined.

- CNA/cc

Why didn't Melvin go see his MP, the famous $8 'cow' or Melvin is stealing them to make money?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, what kind of milk powder babies drink these days?

Five tins for $300 = One tin costs $60!!!

Back in the old days, a big tin of Dumex, Nespray or KLIM cost about $10, max.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normally don't give a hoot about people caught stealing, but really feel sorry for this man and his plight. :(

Sir, thank you for your empathy. Not only feel sorry for him. Also feel sorry for his baby.

Does it help jailing him for 7 years? I wish some kind soul could help them.

Giving to the President Charity?? Whatever for?

How much per dollar went to deserving folks. How much per dollar went to administration overheads like those highly paid staff, rental, utilities, auditors, legal advice etc? How much per dollar ended to the needy?!?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a man has to resort to stealing groceries, he must be really down and out. What happened to the baby bonus?

Sir, so nice to see your posting once again. :smile: Thought you really retired from posting in SBF.

Yes, when he resort to stealing he must be really down and out.

How is your NZ application? Hope all is well.

Oh yes, BTW, got a new chap called Ralders in the chatroom. Any relation to you?

JesseVENTURA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shop N Save is intended for people, like myself, who are of very humble means. I go and shop there for groceries because the prices are cheaper than Cold Storage. I am therefore disappointed that someone will go and shoplift in one of the outlets. This kind of behaviour will inevitably compel Shop N Save to raise its prices so as to offset losses from shoplifting and thus severely impacting people of humble means like myself.:(

Shop n Save belongs to Cold Storage.

I don't see how the prices are cheaper.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shop n Save belongs to Cold Storage.

I don't see how the prices are cheaper.

If I am not mistaken, Shop N Save is not part of Cold Storage but part of Dairy Farm Group which owns both. Shop N Save is intended to be the downmarket alternative to Cold Storage. If the prices are the same then Dairy Farm would not need the store differentiation.

Kindly see this review
http://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/shop-n-save-singapore-7

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If I am not mistaken, Shop N Save is not part of Cold Storage but part of Dairy Farm Group which owns both. Shop N Save is intended to be the downmarket alternative to Cold Storage. If the prices are the same then Dairy Farm would not need the store differentiation.

Kindly see this review
http://www.yelp.com.sg/biz/shop-n-save-singapore-7

They wanted the store differentiation, but never backed it up with the pricing. ShopNSave pricing is comparable with the lower ends of Cold Storage pricing, which is still about 10% higher than NTUC

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sir, thank you for your empathy. Not only feel sorry for him. Also feel sorry for his baby.

Does it help jailing him for 7 years? I wish some kind soul could help them.

Giving to the President Charity?? Whatever for?

How much per dollar went to deserving folks. How much per dollar went to administration overheads like those highly paid staff, rental, utilities, auditors, legal advice etc? How much per dollar ended to the needy?!?

Doesn't matter. The purpose of charity is never about helping the poor anyway. It's all got to do with assuaging the conscience of guilt-ridden middle-class Sinkies. Moral posturing helps them to sleep at night and tolerate the sight of themselves in the mirror, knowing that despite their debt-fuelled splurging on Hermes bags and iPhones, they too have "empathy" for the plight of the poor. Singaporeans are very well-rounded ok? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why didn't Melvin go see his MP, the famous $8 'cow' or Melvin is stealing them to make money?

Maybe he did...but his daughter seriously doesn't nid de 8 bucks heart bypass...:biggrin: lambah lah...few wks ago moi go buy high blood medicine for moi old man...cost moi 70bucks for 4mth supply...iirc...use to be around 40-50 plus...

Sir, that boss sam hor, he said things very hurtful one. :mad:

Do market "testing" also not like that mah. Have some empathy if no sympathy hor.

Unfortunately...once we respond...we naturally becum de test subject...:biggrin::p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
behaviour will inevitably compel Shop N Save to raise its prices so as to offset losses from shoplifting and thus severely impacting people of humble means like myself.:(
Faulty logic. Pricing is way much more than this. Business factor this in, and address it if disproportionate or out of hand.

This unfortunate episode is not going to get people back to breast feeding:cool:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How he think can pass the supermarket door un notice with 6 tin of milk powder???

Desperation moi guess...anyway de news article is too brief for any solid conclusion...usually those who really want to steal...go for small and expensive item...not milk powder...