• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Foreign Minister thinks his English is better than my Foreign Minister?

Focus

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah fired a salvo against his Singaporean counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan on Tuesday (March 12), saying recent comments made by the latter on the bilateral water agreement were "reckless".

yq-mywaters-12032010_2x_2x.jpg

Mr Saifuddin said he was shocked when Dr Balakrishnan criticised Malaysia's move to review the 1962 water agreement in Singapore's parliament earlier this month.

"First, he accused Malaysia of not respecting the 1962 agreement by saying we can no longer review it after 25 years," Mr Saifuddin said in parliament according to Malaysian media.

"So I don't understand what English is used by the Singaporean Foreign Minister to interpret it in such a manner," he said in response to a question by lawmaker Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar - a former Minister of Natural Resources and Environment - on the terms of reference for the water agreement discussion.

Mr Saifuddin added that Dr Balakrishnan also insinuated that Malaysia has problems with governance.

"That is a malicious accusation, it is hitting below the belt," said Mr Saifuddin.

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad had sparked the latest sharp exchange of words by saying last month that "rich" Singapore had been benefiting from "poor" Malaysia on the water issue, and urged Johor to speak up against the 1962 Water Agreement.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...reckless-malaysian-foreign-minister-saifuddin

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one country can 'suka suka ' violates what is agreed between 2 countries ; an agreement signed and witnessed by another third country , then what is the point of an bilateral agreement ?

Under the 1962 Water Agreement, which expires in 2061, Singapore is entitled to draw up to 250 million gallons a day (mgd) of raw water from the Johor River at three sen per 1,000 gallons.
Johor is entitled to buy 5 mgd of treated water from Singapore at 50 sen per 1,000 gallons. Singapore has said this price is heavily subsidised and below the cost of treating the water.
Singapore has, in practice, been supplying 16 mgd of treated water at Johor's request.

If Trump and Kim both were to sign a bi-lateral agreement , and Kim then shoots a nuclear missile at US after that signing , what is the point of the agreement ? Why do they even bother to meet, sign agreements and shake hands ?

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah is trying to test Vivian B... see if he will give in to pressure. I don't think VB will cower. He is becoming more sure of himself these days.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one country can 'suka suka ' violates what is agreed between 2 countries ; an agreement signed and witneussed by another third country , then what is the point of an bilateral agreement ?

Under the 1962 Water Agreement, which expires in 2061, Singapore is entitled to draw up to 250 million gallons a day (mgd) of raw water from the Johor River at three sen per 1,000 gallons.
Johor is entitled to buy 5 mgd of treated water from Singapore at 50 sen per 1,000 gallons. Singapore has said this price is heavily subsidised and below the cost of treating the water.
Singapore has, in practice, been supplying 16 mgd of treated water at Johor's request.

If Trump and Kim both were to sign a bi-lateral agreement , and Kim then shoots a nuclear missile at US after that signing , what is the point of the agreement ?
Why do nations sign agreements ?
There is a clause for a price review after 25 years. But sinkies maintain saying its only valid at 25 years, not after.

Focus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia must be very broke now

Singapore received RM2.4b worth of water subsidy from Malaysia since 1962 https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...ater-subsidy-from-malaysia-since-1962/1731894

Based on the selling price of water to Singapore under the 1962 agreement, the island city-state can be said to have so far received at least RM2.4 billion, or RM42 million a year, or about RM100,000 a day, worth of water subsidy from Malaysia, the Dewan Rakyat was told today.

“If we count it as water subsidy we have given to Singapore, it is indeed happening. We sell water (to Singapore) at a very low price, but buy it back at a much higher price,” Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah said in reply to Datuk Seri Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar (GPS-Santubong) during question time.

“Clause 14 of the agreement says that it (the agreement) shall be subject to review after the expiry of 25 years from the date it is signed, and not on the 25th year.

“So I don't understand what English is used by the Singaporean Foreign Minister to interpret it in such a manner. We honour the agreement, that is why we say we can review the agreement after 25 years,” he said.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
better triple check,confirm & chop his kurang ajar minister's educational credentials.

Doubt these anjing babi bumi have the guts to throw a fit if the chief anjing babi Madhat aint the PM.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why last ten years no water contract problem? Reminds me of how kt latha attitude towards me changed when big boss changed to LJ Mccully. Such people attitude or talk is always according to what their big boss attitude or talk is indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why last ten years no water contract problem? Reminds me of how kt latha attitude towards me changed when big boss changed to LJ Mccully. Such people attitude or talk is always according to what their big boss attitude or talk is indeed.
Last ten years no water contract, no water territorial, no airspace no nothing problem.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agreement has to be respected but it can be renegotiated. Singapore choses to play perpetual hardball on this topic of renegotiation because this is the only area it can show some guts to gullible Sinkies. I don’t know why Sinkies are so gullible.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eg. IT service contract of big corporates get renegotiated all the time because you don’t want to piss off your customer / appear as greedy and not sensitive to market changes. Precisely Singapore is smart but unwise in this aspect. It choses to completely resist renegotiation and even insult its neighbour. This could accelerate its eventual downfall.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreement has to be respected but it can be renegotiated.
Singapore choses to play perpetual hardball on this topic of renegotiation because this is the only area it can show
some guts to gullible Sinkies. I don’t know why Sinkies are so gullible.

1552452827552.jpeg1552452827552.jpeg1552452827552.jpeg1552452827552.jpeg1552452827552.jpeg

and the garberment can unilaterally change CheePye F policy at its whim and fancy