• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia: Using chopsticks is haram according to islamists who adhered islamic laws very strictly!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't use chopstick. I use fork snd spoon snd don't really care if its been used to eat pork before as long as its clean.

U should take pork n dog meat too. Its halal for u anyway. Here... :biggrin:

1637110846170.png

1637111001433.png

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not haram. Initially quite akward. Not used to it. But nowadays i use it when i makan wan tan mee or even ckt.
That makes sense. Its more of a cultural issue than a haram issue. To me the chopsticks is just another means of putting the food into one's mouth besides using forks and spoons or the right hand.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That makes sense. Its more of a cultural issue than a haram issue. To me the chopsticks is just another means of putting the food into one's mouth besides using forks and spoons or the right hand.

I can understand where hes coming from. Especially in Msia and Indon. Their interpretation of Islam somewhat shallow. I only know what tat go into ur stomach should be halal. Of course chopsticks should not be stained with pork. But to say using chopstick is forbidden....hmmmm.... :biggrin: Just like tat Timah whisky saga. Kelakar betul.:roflmao:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can understand where hes coming from. Especially in Msia and Indon. Their interpretation of Islam somewhat shallow. I only know what tat go into ur stomach should be halal. Of course chopsticks should not be stained with pork. But to say using chopstick is forbidden....hmmmm.... :biggrin: Just like tat Timah whisky saga. Kelakar betul.:roflmao:
That's why Islam as a world religion gets so much misunderstood because of intolerant and extremist views. :frown:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why Islam as a world religion gets so much misunderstood because of intolerant and extremist views. :frown:

Yes. But dont pay much attention to social media especially. And to know whether is his (scholar) view/opinion, refer to the scriptures to confirm. If its not stated in the scriptures, then ignore it. Nothing to do with Islam.