• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Malaysia] - PAS Islamic leader warns that unless the Chinese Organisation Congress, Dong Zong and Jiao Zong are stopped, there will be racial riots

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
82c6a2abe0f9d3844b3304381b1832ca

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 22 — A leader from Islamist party PAS has urged the police to step in and stop the Chinese Organisation Congress from going ahead to avoid a repeat of the 2017 riots at the Sri Maha Mariamman Hindu temple in Subang Jaya.

Datuk Mohd Khairuddin Aman Razali At-Takiri today also called on the Ministry of Home Affairs to deregister the Dong Jiao Zong Chinese education group under the Societies Act 1966.

“Even so, despite the Prime Minister prohibiting them, Dong Zong and Jiao Zong are still hard at work to host the Chinese Organisation Congress.

“Like the issue of riots at the Sri Maha Marimamman temple, Dong Zong and Jiao Zong are emboldened by their perception that government leaders are in support of them,” he said in a statement today.

The riots in November 2017 happened after the community from the temple congregation were challenging the relocation of the house of worship, which quickly got out of hand and resulted in the death of one firefighter Muhammad Adib Mohd Kassim.

Mohd Khairuddin also pointed out that action should be taken by Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad against leaders within the government, such as Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department P. Waytha Moorthy and Iskandar Puteri MP Lim Kit Siang, who have openly supported the congress.

He said action must be taken against them, especially the minister, to make sure no other leaders would be emboldened enough to take action that is not in line with the Prime Minister’s.

“There is no need to make noise about support from MCA and Gerakan leaders because their support from the Opposition that is powerless carries no impact.

“What needs to be considered is the support of government leaders like the Ministry of National Unity and Social Wellbeing and the Iskandar Puteri Member of Parliament,” he said.

This is in response to the upcoming congress planned by the education group said to take place on Dec 28, aimed at pushing the government to remove the introduction of Jawi lessons in vernacular schools.

Dr Mahathir has advised against holding such meetings, saying it could result in more demonstrations by the Malay community aimed at pressuring the government to shut down the vernacular schools.

Mohd Khairuddin then asserted that Dong Zong and Jiao Zong should not be allowed to go against the grain after having ‘betrayed’ the nation on several occasions in the past.

He then listed instances of when the education group spoke out in disagreement, from the time they were against the Students’ Ordinant in 1957, the Education Act in 1961, the plan to implement a Sekolah Wawasan back in 2000, and their most recent contention against the introduction of the Khat calligraphy within syllabi of vernacular schools.

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/pas-leader-claims-possible-repeat-060625748.html

Visitor comments :

• Qiu 8 hrs ago
    "Possible repeat" can only mean ONE THING .......it was initiated, orchestrated AND manipulated by those who were and are against the issue or any other NON-malay NON-muslim related issues like "the temple congregation were challenging the relocation of the house of worship", "the upcoming congress planned by the education group said to take place on Dec 28", etc. It's all about KETUANANs and 3Rs, nothing else.

SearchingTo Belong 8 hrs ago
PAS Bangsat leader claims possible repeat of Seafield temple riots - No surprise, PAS bangsat-s take to Perkasa Is-a-bra-for-him's swearing bangsat-s will run amok with their latest secret weapon, the R-D-R, Rallies, Demonstrations, RIOTS. And without doubt it will PAS Bangsat-s who will be RIOTING as it was in the Petaling Street bangsat ruckus from Jamban YourAnus and his Red Szhitz Terrorszhitz. Four Bangsat-s charged in Seafield temple riot, Muhammad Ridzuan Sekh Ruslan, 26; Irwan Nordin, 38; Mohd Khairi Abd Rashid, 24, and Rozaihan Jamaludin, 38,:
https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...ur-charged-over-seafield-temple-riots/1699946
70-strong Bangsat-s dressed in black chanting ‘Hidup Melayu’ and ‘Allahuakbar’ :
https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...ators-from-gathering-at-subang-temple/1697696

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.quora.com/Why-there-are...-cant-Malaysian-Indian-and-Chinese-abolish-it

A Malaysian Malay asked :
Why there are vernacular school in Malaysia? Why can't Malaysian Indian and Chinese abolish it?

https://www.quora.com/Why-there-are...cant-Malaysian-Indian-and-Chinese-abolish-it#

Boh Yap
Boh Yap
, lives in Malaysia
Updated Dec 9
https://www.quora.com/Why-there-are...cant-Malaysian-Indian-and-Chinese-abolish-it#
There are, they are called Religious or Islamic Schools! Need I say more about the quality of education they provide?
The reason why Chinese vernacular schools exists is because the standard of education in national type schools has gone down-hill so drastically!
the only other alternative are the super expensive Inyernational schools, which middle and lower class parents cannot afford! Of course I do not argue that one of the purpose of the vernacular schools is to preserve Chinese culture.
i am the product of a national type school, in the 60s and 70s, and the standards were high. I had no problems coping with A-Levels when studying in UK, in fact my Math and science standards was higher than what was taught in my class ( plus the fact I was a science nerd). By the 90s it had deteriorated in n my daughter’d time. No doubt, part of that decline was due to the switch to Malay medium, from English.. But now, it’s totally hopeless.
Furthermore the school system is used as a indoctrination tool to drive a Malay/Islamic Superiority agenda, rather than to educate, promote diversity and present factual information. Note how history is being rewritten/removed to suit. Parameswara is no longer a Hindu prince, Hang Tuah is removed because he was probably Chinese…
the school syllabus hardly covers world history, like in my day. Instead it’s focused on Islamic civilization. And the Hindu/Buddhist empires in Sputh East Asia, which covered Malaya, are no longer mentioned!
Then they want to introduce Jawi, a dead language, only used for Islamic religious text? And they want to screw it up further by importing English teachers from Saudi ?!??
In the eyes of the non-Malays, using the Educatioanl system to push a specific path avail agenda sacrifices the quality of the education. Schools are no longe institutions that present facts and promote diversity and critical thinking!
yes the vernacular school system is not perfect, but they have produced world class students ! And until they kick out the current Edu Ministet, Mazlee and fix the education system, those vernacular schools will exists, and people will support them!
One other factor, Education has always been a very important emphasis in Chinese and Indian culture! A Chinese family will scrimp and save, even starve in order to ensure their kids get a good education! Same for the Indians. Perhaps the Malay powers that be need to understand that!
328 views · View Upvoters

Anonymous
Answered Dec 28, 2018

That’s because national schools failed to teach second and third languages properly. If national schools offered Mandarin and Tamil as third language, most people will support the idea of going to national school. Furthermore, as Vincent Ang answered correctly, national school will secretly try to convert non-Muslims to Muslims. Muslims people find it a personal success when they managed to convert a non-Muslim to Muslims. Students go to school to gain knowledge about art, science, math, literature and develop critical thinking. I don’t like my children’s views being clouded by religion constantly.
I guess the same question can be asked why can’t we abolish Islamic school? Do we really need Islamic school? I support the development of secular schools where people from all ethnic backgrounds can go to school together.
1.2k views · View Upvoters

Alan S Tan

Alan S Tan
, studied at Pennsylvania State University
Answered Oct 11
I agree with the previous posters. But you are asking the wrong question.
  1. Is it wrong for parents to want to be able to choose their children’s school?
  2. Why is there a frenetic movement to ban vernacular schools?
  3. Do national Malay schools set the benchmark for education, university admission overseas and employment?
In those questions, you will find your answer. IF non national school diplomas do not count towards local universities, what on earth would motivate people to send their kids there? Why is there this kind of racial discrimination…. again… common sense will tell you. Its not based on merit.

main-qimg-c414c0bbf4aa3baba1bcd4baf4820ef7

790 views · View Upvoters

Anonymous
Answered Dec 27, 2018

Unless they introduce English as the national language, it would be completely impractical to have citizens learn a economically and culturally irrelevant language such as Malay. Tamil is equally irrelevant. At least Chinese gives you access to a 1.3 billion people economy. And English opens you up to the world.
Why speak Malay? Where's the profit in it? If there isn't any, why waste time on it? We only got one life.
474 views · View Upvoters

Tunku Awang

Tunku Awang

Answered Jul 14

It's a complicated issue. But the simple answer is the poor quality of Malay schools and the overemphasis on religious (Islamic) studies.
Too much Islamic studies, not enough English in schools, says Mahathir
297 views · View Upvoters