• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malays will lose identity if Maths and Science are taught in English

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MALAYSIA

Malays will lose identity if Maths and Science are taught in English, say Islamic students

BY JENNIFER GOMEZ

NOVEMBER 14, 2013

To revert to teaching Science and Mathematics in English will cause the Malays to lose their identity and it is contrary to the spirit of the Federal Constitution which spells out Bahasa Malaysia as the official language, an Islamic students group said.

In an obvious retort to a call by former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad for Putrajaya to revert to teaching Science and Mathematics in English (PPSMI), National Association of Islamic Students president Muhamad Aliemran Norasid questioned if the country's leaders have attained the same level of maturity as the nation, which achieved Independence more than 50 years ago.

He said for any organisation to succeed, it must know its history, adding: “If you don’t know history, then you don’t know anything. You are a leaf that doesn’t know it is part of a tree."

Muhamad Aliemran said the reason they were questioning the wisdom of the leadership was because the Malay community was shocked when the PPSMI was introduced in 2003, which it viewed as bringing more harm than good.

"The reason we were against the policy was because it is contrary to the Constitution which states that Bahasa Malaysia is the official language," he said in a statement today.

"And the fact is that more than 300 million people in the world can converse in the language," he added.

The association's views contradict that of Dr Mahathir’s, who only two days ago argued that the spirit of nationalism would not diminish even if the subjects were taught in English as "knowledge is the key to the success of a race". "I am a Malay and I love the Malay language. But I also want the Malays to be educated," Dr Mahathir had said, adding that if Malaysians did not master the English language, it would narrow down their job opportunities even if the individual was a good student.

Muhamad Aliemran, however, pointed out that during the time of the Malacca Malay sultanate, Malay was the lingua franca in Southeast Asia, and many scholars were experts in the language.

"Now English is more widely used than Malay, this is against the Constitution," he noted.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malays-will-lose-identity-if-maths-and-science-are-taught-in-english-say-is

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I wish Singapore used a little bit more of Malay in public signs. For example, a 'Selamat Datang Ke Singapura' sign at Woodlands.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U r very thoughtful 63boy. But i am afraid not all ur kind will share the same thoughts as u. Especially ppl like Jah Jamban.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U r very thoughtful 63boy. But i am afraid not all ur kind will share the same thoughts as u. Especially ppl like Jah Jamban.

:rolleyes: so your point is somehow we need to have that stupid m&d sign in say woodlands and if you disagree somehow you need to be chastised? I really proud that the govt doesn't have it they can put the sign on the mudland side.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:rolleyes: so your point is somehow we need to have that stupid m&d sign in say woodlands and if you disagree somehow you need to be chastised? I really proud that the govt doesn't have it they can put the sign on the mudland side.

It wasnt my idea. Its 63boy idea. And i am grateful hes not as racist as u.

And yes, the garment should put up some road sign in Malay. So tat ur FTs friends would not forget at one time tis island belong to the Malays. But i suppose its juz wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It wasnt my idea. Its 63boy idea. And i am grateful hes not as racist as u.

And yes, the garment should put up some road sign in Malay. So tat ur FTs friends would not forget at one time tis island belong to the Malays. But i suppose its juz wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

WTF type of reasoning is this?

You brought up my nick when laksa was talking about the wording out of the blue saying what you are afraid others won't agree to it. Of course they won't. Everyone has different opinions and then you try to call those with a different opinion racist. :rolleyes: I tell you malays not learning chinese is racist to chinese.

So what if the island used to belong to malays which is wrong cos it belonged to the sultan who is one man and he sold it away and then it got kicked out by malaysia but in case you don't understand the past tense used to. So in future if i sell you something can i tell you it's still mine and use it if i like it and say it used to belong to me? :rolleyes:

PS laksaboy once called you illiterate when you got butt hurt as usual to one of his posts.

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays will also lose their identity if English, Mandarin & Tamil are not taught in Melayu!
And a good SPM pass is one with excellent passes in Bahasa Melayu & History, everything else is just pure bullshit!
Malacca Sultanate was the greatest empire in the Melayu world but brought down by some Portuguese speaking sailor from some non melayu speaking region! And over 300 million speaks Bahasa Indonesia less than 20 million speaks Bahasa Melayu lah! And that includes Singapore m&ds too! But seriously this fella under quoted on the Melayu speaking population in Malaysia lah, if you add in all the cockroaches & rats, definitely higher number than the world human population lah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ALL Singaporeans should speak Malay. It is their National Language.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they are so concerned about their "identity" then they might want to start thinking about using own script instead of english alphabets

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for the religion argument to come up. "If its not taught in Malay its against ISLAM!"

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALL Singaporeans should speak Malay. It is their National Language.

japan change from chinese lunar new year to western christian new year when the power swing from east to west.
smart nation change their tradition, thinking, language to benefit the future not the past.

it is good for malaysia to keep their tradition. their loss is singapore gain.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF type of reasoning is this?

You brought up my nick when laksa was talking about the wording out of the blue saying what you are afraid others won't agree to it. Of course they won't. Everyone has different opinions and then you try to call those with a different opinion racist. :rolleyes: I tell you malays not learning chinese is racist to chinese. Nope. My son learn Mandarin. So is he or I as his dad a racist? But i bet u and ur entirely family dont learn Malay or tamil. Right, Dumbfart Jah.

So what if the island used to belong to malays which is wrong cos it belonged to the sultan who is one man and he sold it away and then it got kicked out by malaysia but in case you don't understand the past tense used to. So in future if i sell you something can i tell you it's still mine and use it if i like it and say it used to belong to me? Ehh...nothing wrong by telling my Ah Neh friend tat dumbfart Jah punching bag used to be mine. Now i sell tat dumbfart Jah punching bag to him. So he can start punching and kicking tat dumbfart Jah. See, simple England u oso cant ustand. Another of ur dumbfart post, jamban. Lol

PS laksaboy once called you illiterate when you got butt hurt as usual to one of his posts.

U really dumb. If i m hurt would i still reply his post? N y u so particular abt whether literate or not? I have a feeling ur a loser in ur pte life. U must have been kicked out or retrenched by FTs. Tats why u r seeking publicity in SBF. Once a while u will start bragging to everyone how high ur iq was. Inferiority complex? Why u take SBF so seriously? Its cyber lah, dumbfart. Tats y i always said u got no life beside SBF. Spending 24/7 here. Lol!

Oh ya. The fact is u ustand wat i wrote, Tats y u r replying my post. Right dumbfart Jamban?

Last edited:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's face the real facts, msia m&ds are hopeless in arithmetic. You can teach them 6 + 3 = 9, but if u pose them another question eg what's 3 + 6, their look will be as dull as the Gobi desert.
If all school subjects are taught in Bahasa, I hope they can find real work outside Msia in future. Best part of m&ds is that they dunno how to look any further than the Ramli burger stall at the end of the street!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the msia m&ds are right. this is their mudland. they are the majority. they can do whatever they pleased. teach all subjects in malays. why not.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the msia m&ds are right. this is their mudland. they are the majority. they can do whatever they pleased. teach all subjects in malays. why not.....

Come to think of it there's little point in teaching Science and Math to the Malays regardless of the medium of instruction. The subjects are far too difficult for them.